Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ionas

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2003
Old Europe
they wont go to 3ghz b4 summer

that does not make sense,

he promised 3ghz by summer, not earlier

would be wiser to spend the time on Q&A + filling the stock so that the delivery will be faster than last autumn.

+ the rest of the time you could spend your R&D on PowerBook and iMac/eMac concepts and tech stuff...

Pentium M is a great CPU, and a real competitor (while all the other desktop and mobile cpus by intel area JUST PURE CRAP)

Bilba

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2004
I think it is about time we close this thread. I can't stand seeing this "PowerMac G5s - on or around Jan 20th" email.

I mean, it is annoying enough that there are no updates.

Can somone atleast "guess/speculate" update date, and we will take it from there?

Opteron

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2004
South Australia
Originally posted by Bilba
Can somone atleast "guess/speculate" update date, and we will take it from there?

I'm callinng April, BTX is suppose to be out then with the PCI-Express graphics standard. The new Power Macs should have this.

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
10.3.3 Issues

You know, I don't necessarily see why we'd think that 10.3.3 is necessarily linked to new Power Macs. Apple has a few times in the past had slightly different builds of the "same" version of system software, with a "newer" build designed to work on new hardware.

It's not at all implausible for 10.3.3 to be released to the general public before the 10.3.3 that's designed for the new Power Macs is fully ready and developed.

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
Originally posted by Bilba
I think it is about time we close this thread. I can't stand seeing this "PowerMac G5s - on or around Jan 20th" email.

I mean, it is annoying enough that there are no updates.

Within the next two weeks. I'm only saying this because I'll be in the Carribean during that time and it would be fitting for them to come out when I'm not in the country... bastards!

neonart

macrumors 65816
Sep 4, 2002
Near a Mac since 1993.
18 pages later on this thread, and like 21 pages on the MWSF thread and WE DON'T HAVE A FREAKIN CLUE of what's going on.
I wish we had something to go on besides NeatGekko's prophecies. ;)

*sigh*

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
DATE SET FOR NEW POWER MACS!

A very close friend of mine who works at Apple told me that he sat down with Steve Jobs yesterday, and Steve said that the Power Macs will be introduced Tuesday, February 17th.

The Apple web splash page will be changed to say "Better Late Than Never..." and every new Power Mac ordered will come with a box of free Valentine's Day chocolates, in accordance with the better-late-than-never theme.

The new models are rumored to use G4 processors at 1.25, 1.33, and 1.42 Ghz, with no dual processors. When asked why in the world Apple was using slow G4s instead of the groundbreaking G5 processors and architecture introduced last year, Jobs replied, "This'll teach that infernal NeatGekko to shut his damn mouth!"

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
Re: DATE SET FOR NEW POWER MACS!

Originally posted by john123
A very close friend of mine who works at Apple told me that he sat down with Steve Jobs yesterday, and Steve said that the Power Macs will be introduced Tuesday, February 17th.

SNIP

The new models are rumored to use G4 processors at 1.25, 1.33, and 1.42 Ghz, with no dual processors. When asked why in the world Apple was using slow G4s instead of the groundbreaking G5 processors and architecture introduced last year, Jobs replied, "This'll teach that infernal NeatGekko to shut his damn mouth!"

:D

invaLPsion

macrumors 65816
Jan 2, 2004
The Northlands
Re: DATE SET FOR NEW POWER MACS!

The Apple web splash page will be changed to say "Better Late Than Never..." and every new Power Mac ordered will come with a box of free Valentine's Day chocolates, in accordance with the better-late-than-never theme.

DAMN YOU!!!!
I was really excited about that chocolate for a second!:D :p

On another, more serious note, the 17th is actually a likely day for updates considering that that is the week that IBM shows off the new 970FX processor.

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Re: Re: DATE SET FOR NEW POWER MACS!

Originally posted by invaLPsion
DAMN YOU!!!!
I was really excited about that chocolate for a second!:D :p

On another, more serious note, the 17th is actually a likely day for updates considering that that is the week that IBM shows off the new 970FX processor.

Dude -- I am the *FIRST* person to predict the 17th as the date of the update.

So if they are introduced then, then I will be the new Oracle and source of inside info at Apple!

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
Re: Re: Re: DATE SET FOR NEW POWER MACS!

Dude -- I am the *FIRST* person to predict the 17th as the date of the update.

So if they are introduced then, then I will be the new Oracle and source of inside info at Apple!
Yeah... but will you eat any body parts if your wrong? That's the good stuff. I'm much more interested in watching someone cannibalize themeselves.

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Re: Re: Re: Re: DATE SET FOR NEW POWER MACS!

Originally posted by pgwalsh
Yeah... but will you eat any body parts if your wrong? That's the good stuff. I'm much more interested in watching someone cannibalize themeselves.

if I'm wrong, I'll gnaw off your left hand.

pgwalsh

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2002
New Zealand
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DATE SET FOR NEW POWER MACS!

if I'm wrong, I'll gnaw off your left hand.
Well all I have there is hook, but you can gnaw on it if you let me pick your nose with it.

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DATE SET FOR NEW POWER MACS!

Originally posted by pgwalsh
Well all I have there is hook, but you can gnaw on it if you let me pick your nose with it.

Congratulations -- you just made me vomit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.