Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
Oh I see, you have some pet political agenda and want someone to spare with on the internet. I’m going to pass. Have a good one!
What’s my agenda?
Stop this nonsense?
Won’t matter - Starbucks shutting stores that are dangerous. Civil War 2.0 or Russia will stir the pot on my behalf.

avz

Suspended
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
What’s my agenda?
Stop this nonsense?
Won’t matter - Starbucks shutting stores that are dangerous. Civil War 2.0 or Russia will stir the pot on my behalf.
I am wondering what GDP Russia must have in order to "stir the pot" in US? How many mass media outlets and NGO's Russia actually owns in US?

What you need to think about is that in 1944 US controlled 52% of the global economy, now US controls only 15-20% of the global economy. So the economic model that has been used up till now was not ideal to say the least. There is a reason why Trump's ideas to change this situation were met with sympathy and support from many US citizens and there was no need in any "help" from Russia. In fact the Russian politicians who publicly drunk champagne to celebrate Trump's victory were engaging in a subversive operation in order to give a "weapon" against Trump to his opponents.

lindros2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2011
I am wondering what GDP Russia must have in order to "stir the pot" in US? How many mass media outlets and NGO's Russia actually owns in US?

What you need to think about is that in 1944 US controlled 52% of the global economy, now US controls only 15-20% of the global economy. So the economic model that has been used up till now was not ideal to say the least. There is a reason why Trump's ideas to change this situation were met with sympathy and support from many US citizens and there was no need in any "help" from Russia. In fact the Russian politicians who publicly drunk champagne to celebrate Trump's victory were engaging in a subversive operation in order to give a "weapon" against Trump to his opponents.
See: north-south consortium (linked to my last sentence, below).
I don't know if the US "controlled" any part of the global economy. The US was self-sufficient in manufacturing - especially around wartime WW1/WW2 - then outsourced it to Taiwan, China (PRC), Vietnam, India, Malaysia, Germany, etc.

IMHO, many have tried to supercharge Africa and South America, yet time and time and time and time again, it fails. Disease, crime, education, war, religion, laziness - whatever it is, it has failed.

And now, Russia and China (with proxy to Iran) have set terms that if the "south" defaults on their loan/debt terms, the land is theirs.

avz

Suspended
Oct 7, 2018
Stalingrad, Russia
I don't know if the US "controlled" any part of the global economy. The US was self-sufficient in manufacturing - especially around wartime WW1/WW2 - then outsourced it to Taiwan, China (PRC), Vietnam, India, Malaysia, Germany, etc.
"Controlled" and "had a strong economy" are essentially the same. This is the reason why after the WW2 US dollar was considered "as good as gold" and fit enough to be a world's reserve currency.
Now the situation is very different, US dollar is only good enough to be a national currency of the US which is not necessary bad in itself or have to be seen as a "demise of the US dollar". It is just a different model, after all some smart business people in Bretton Woods voted against US dollar being a worlds reserve currency as they saw it as a conflict of interests right out of he gates. I guess they knew something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.