Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taheen99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Proswitcher HD Alpha is out! I didn't see another post here about it, wanted to make sure everybody knew. Even being an alpha it is fantastic.

Repo:

http://rpetri.ch/repo

My screen:

photo.png

Taheen99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Dallas, Texas
xraytech said:
Definitly ALPHA

SpringBoard unresponsive after install.

That's a bummer, working perfect here so far. You do have backgrounder installed right? Hope all the bugs get worked out soon.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
It's working perfect here despite the alpha code. I dropped the other switcher (c- something). ProSwitcher HD rocks!

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
That's a bummer, working perfect here so far. You do have backgrounder installed right? Hope all the bugs get worked out soon.

Yup, Backgrounder is installed.

Can post a snap shot of your Activator, Backgrounder, ProSwitcher and and any other settings that can be related to this issue.

Shymcfly

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Were you using an alternative one before installing this if so did you uninstall the other I know it may seem a redundant question But you never know.....

Now if we could get an iPad optimized categories I'd be gold

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Were you using an alternative one before installing this if so did you uninstall the other I know it may seem a redundant question But you never know.....

Now if we could get an iPad optimized categories I'd be gold

No redundancy here, just Proswitcher.

GinoDotCom

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2010

Thanks for the post Taheen.. ProswitcherHD works awesome as much as beta app can be, it's near flawless.

Circuitous did the job while proswitcher came after to the iPad but pro switcher will now be my native app switcher.

Do plan to keep circuitous because I like the instant shortcuts to all my favorite apps.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
I li,e the graphics og Proswitcher but Circuitous seems more efficient, you can see all the app icons without having to scroll through. I also like that it shows the memory available.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
I li,e the graphics og Proswitcher but Circuitous seems more efficient, you can see all the app icons without having to scroll through. I also like that it shows the memory available.

I agree 100%. I use PS on my iPhone but I now prefer Circuitous on my iPad.

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
ProSwitcher is wonderful on the iPhone/iPod sized devices...

But wouldn't a more "Expose" like app switcher be better for a device of this size?

Take the "screenshot" ability of Proswitcher, and instead of large screen shot that you swipe left and right... have them appear on screen? Or would that be too resource intensive?

jbouklas

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2002
NY
ProSwitcher is wonderful on the iPhone/iPod sized devices...

But wouldn't a more "Expose" like app switcher be better for a device of this size?

Take the "screenshot" ability of Proswitcher, and instead of large screen shot that you swipe left and right... have them appear on screen? Or would that be too resource intensive?

I've been thinking the same thing. When I heard Proswitcher was getting updated for the iPad, I imagined that they would make it like Expose. I don't even think it would be a huge deal to add that functionality to the program (but I'm no developer). It would make a big difference in usability, imo.

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
Not bad. I'll be keeping Circuitous but I'll be using Proswitcher HD as well. At times it's nice to see what each app is doing, what your browsing, etc and Proswitcher HD allows that.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Is anybody noticing the multitouch not working on the springboard a couple of times if there's no app running?

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2008
LOVE it! Goodbye Circuitous. Proswitcher is beautiful and much more natural and fluid than the alternatives. Thanks!

CakeOrDeath

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
MikhailT said:
Is anybody noticing the multitouch not working on the springboard a couple of times if there's no app running?

Same thing here, have to activate pro switcher a 2nd time to get the springboard back

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Yup, that's why it's an ALPHA

I'm sure the Devs are working on that issue. Aside from that, Proswitcher HD is great.

Yea, I just want to make sure others are seeing this first so I don't have to hunt down the cause.

Fidget08

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
When I went to change rounding corners it crashed my spring board. Anyone else can verify?

dynalmadman

macrumors regular
May 1, 2010
Vegas, baby!
Sorry for the noobiness, but I have been using backgrounder and like it. Does this switcher need backgrounder installed, or is it a standalone backgrounder/switcher?

Thank you
Michael

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.