Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
It's been great so far on the rMini. An example screenshot (also showing my proof of purchase and it recording video in a background window) with the dock hidden:

Attachments

• IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 170

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2012
What do you mean?

my old setup i had all my icons on my dock including all folders. there was nothing on the pages. The folders wouldn't open. but i found another way by swiping in or out it shows all ur apps.

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
my old setup i had all my icons on my dock including all folders. there was nothing on the pages. The folders wouldn't open. but i found another way by swiping in or out it shows all ur apps.

From reddit

"The dock is kind of odd/broken or at least non-obvious. No folders work in the dock unless you're in "launchpad" in which case the animation is borked. When opening a folder the dock fades to transparent, and then instantly becomes opaque."

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2012
someone should make a thread on how to use this lol. Does anyone know how i can access the control centre, when i swipe from the button it just opens up the mission control like on MacBooks

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2012
Fortunately, uninstalling from safe mode was successful. Tested on my iPad 3.

Tried on my mother's iPad mini on 7.0.4, it wouldn't work as well. Nothing was on screen and I had to pinch to get into safe mode. Maybe it doesn't work because you have to buy it again instead of linking it to your account cause I'm pretty sure he said it would work on iPad mini 7.0.4

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
Not 7.1b3-compatible. Do NOT install. If you've already done, pinch to get to safe mode.

Told....nvm :( sorry for anyone stuck on 7.1 betas, I was once thinking of doing the same when the jailbreak first came out.

Now that it's out....

My biggest criticism of this tweak is how it handles killing. Aside from the fact that Ryan has made a big deal about how bad killing is on battery - the 'close' function for apps in this actually 'force' kills apps. This means they won't save anything or close down properly.

Example;

Go into notes, type a note out, don't click anywhere else, just close the app with X. When you reload it, it won't remember what you typed - killing an app on stock app switcher would.

Next up - chrome. Chrome does not like OS E, it never thinks it is shut down properly and therefore needs to restore tabs every time you load it.

I emailed Evan about this on Sunday and he said he'd look it, I wonder whether he will.

Oh twitter is also another example, my twitter app on the ipad thinks I haven't looked at my timeline since I installed OS E on Saturday lol.

Oh while I'm at it, I would also love an alternative way to bring up the fullscreen app 'window menu' - 4 finger swipe down means you have to touch the screen when using a mouse and keyboard to use the ipad :(

----------

Not 7.1b3-compatible. Do NOT install. If you've already done, pinch to get to safe mode.

Twitter seems to be saying it does work on 7.1?

https://mobile.twitter.com/dn2142kkr/status/463684144464011265

Last edited:

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Awesome tweak.

As of now...only issues is with FolderEnhancer since I keep majority of my apps in a Folder.

I cannot open my Folder.

Edit:
Never mind. Had to press the home button in order to somehow use the folder. It's definitely an adjustment, but not too cumbersome.

Last edited:

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Tried on my mother's iPad mini on 7.0.4, it wouldn't work as well. Nothing was on screen and I had to pinch to get into safe mode. Maybe it doesn't work because you have to buy it again instead of linking it to your account cause I'm pretty sure he said it would work on iPad mini 7.0.4

Tried the 4-finger swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen?

----------

While the tutorial worked w/o problems, I couldn't bring up the dock with the four-finger upwards gesture working just fine on the 7.0.6 rMini.

I'll re-test this.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Has anyone been able to play a video through YouTube w/ OS Experience installed?

Edit:
Never mind... It works

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
So are you able to install on multiple devices with a single purchase?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
were you able to get it to fully work, because on my second device I got pass the tutorial but then nothing worked it would just crash. iPad mini 7.0.4

1. Not yet - will soon reinstall it on my 7.1b3 iPad3.

2. I'm pretty sure it's not UUID-locked. Otherwise, I think at least a warnign would have been displayed upon the second install.

caribsa

macrumors regular
May 11, 2013
I'm stuck on Snap the app. How to move on?

Edit: Figured the snap. Now to figure out how to use it!

Opening apps freezes my iPad!

Last edited:

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2012
Is everyone's apps all working with the snap in feature? I've tried certain apps but they aren't snapping. NBA Gametime and NHL Gamecentre are two that don't snap for me.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I've found out what I've done wrong: while on the 706 rMini I could bring up the dock with a four-finger swipe up, the same didn't work on the 7.1b3 iPad3. This is why I thoought it isn't working at all - after all, I couldn't start anything.

I've forgotten to press the Home button to get back to the usual launcher. If you keep this in mind, you'll be able to access the dock and all the app icons on SpringBoard.

BTW, app window resizing (by tapping the upper right corner of the app and, then, mooving your finger outside the window) and portrait-landscape swapping (long tapping the upper right corner) does work.

BTW2, it indeed seems to download some kind of a license. At first, upon my second insttllation of the app, it didn't succeed. Then, after a respring & a new install attempt in Cydia, it downloaded the license just fine. After that, the tweak worked just fine.

All in all,

- it does work on 7.1b3 - just use Home single presses instead of 4-finger-swiping-up's to access the dock (and the ful Springboard launcher)

- you once pay and are allowed to install it on at least two iPads. (Dunno if there's a maximal number of installs. Also I don't know whether the licenses can be backed up to avoid problems caused by non-working license servers, as has also been encountered by me once, as has been explained above.)

I've entered this on my iPad3 runninng the tweak BTW.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
bbtw, here's what I got when the installer didn't manage to download the license from the license server:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 136
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.