Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
I'm about to ask for a refund. It does not work for me at all. All I get is freeze. I sent the Dev an e-mail with a screenshot of the apps I have installed, his advice was to uninstall Springtomize 3 and Activator but uninstalling them don't seem to help. :confused: I have it disabled now in order to use my iPad again after countless reboot to unfreeze it.

Interesting he is asking people to uninstall one of the most prevalent jailbreak tweaks in existence in order for his tweak to work properly (Springtomize).

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
Interesting he is asking people to uninstall one of the most prevalent jailbreak tweaks in existence in order for his tweak to work properly (Springtomize).

I think your looking at it the wrong way, Springtomize is a very large tweak, so is activator in some regards. By getting someone to uninstall those 2 it probably eliminates quite a few conflicts at once.

I for one haven't had any problems with both (Springtomize and Activator) installed since the beta, so they certainly don't need to be uninstalled for his tweak to work properly. I haven't actually seen or heard of anyone having conflicts with either as well.

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
I'm having freezing issues all over the place. iPad 4 on 7.0.4. It's bizarre. Sometimes I'll hit the power button to turn off the screen, and it won't wake up. Forces a hard reboot. Sometimes I'll tap on an app icon, and it won't launch and just freeze the screen (sometimes when clicking in or out of a folder). Forces a hard reboot.

Sigh.

sand_man

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
Sorry for the thread necro...

Running 8.1.2 on all iDevices. What is the likelihood of either OS Experience or Quasar being updated to support iOS 8?

It is such a pity that Apple hasn't implemented a true multi-tasking solution similar to the one's these 2 magnificent apps demonstrated!!

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I'd be curious as well if this would work on iOS8. Also does this work on iphones, or only on ipads? It would be phenomenal on the ip6 plus.

sand_man

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2011
Apologies for the thread necro.

Worth mentioning that since Quasar is no longer a work in progress, anyone looking for a true side-by-side type multitasking app, need look no further.

Multify, available off the bigboss repo, at a cost of $5, is simply tremendous and does exactly what Quasar did...

Give it a bash...

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Apologies for the thread necro.

Worth mentioning that since Quasar is no longer a work in progress, anyone looking for a true side-by-side type multitasking app, need look no further.

Multify, available off the bigboss repo, at a cost of $5, is simply tremendous and does exactly what Quasar did...

Give it a bash...

Thanks for the heads-up! Purchased it right away (damn, I've spent US$ 25 on windowing tweaks so far: Quasar (iOS5), OS Experience (iOS7) and now, this. Hope this will be further updated to iOS9+, unlike the other two apps.) Just installed on my Air2. Will post a detailed review.

EDIT: pretty cool. Resizing / moving app always on-screen app windows a bit less intuitive for ex-Quasar (and Samsung's multiwindow) users (you need to configure and activate the Edit mode) but it's OK. I really wish it had a way of making use of the full screen estate in the app switcher mode (the default "split screen into half" mode), though.

Last edited:

sand_man

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2011
Thanks for the heads-up! Purchased it right away (damn, I've spent US$ 25 on windowing tweaks so far: Quasar (iOS5), OS Experience (iOS7) and now, this. Hope this will be further updated to iOS9+, unlike the other two apps.) Just installed on my Air2. Will post a detailed review.

EDIT: pretty cool. Resizing / moving app always on-screen app windows a bit less intuitive for ex-Quasar (and Samsung's multiwindow) users (you need to configure and activate the Edit mode) but it's OK. I really wish it had a way of making use of the full screen estate in the app switcher mode (the default "split screen into half" mode), though.

Try mailing the developers. Apparently they open to suggestions on ways to improve the product.

It's a lot more stable for me than quasar ever was and I reckon the developers are in it for the long haul.

Agree window resizing and placement is a little quirky and takes getting used to.

Got huge potential though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.