Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
This is just too cool, iMac G5 using the dual screen hack hooked up to my 43" Plasma (running at 1280x768) getting ready to watch a DivX movie of "Jump Britain" (really good program btw, if you see it on again, WATCH IT! I missed some of it so I've got this TV rip ;)).

Anyway, on to the shameless gloating (sorry, again)...

:D :D :D :D :D

JDar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2003
That's really nice!

It's beautiful girls with long hair that make you do this, isn't it?

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Not familiar with the dual screen hack but how come your dock is on the plasma but not the iMac?

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
mpw said:
Not familiar with the dual screen hack but how come your dock is on the plasma but not the iMac?
I changed the main display in display prefs to be the external screen, this way when I do full screen in MPlayer to watch my video it goes full on the plasma, and not the iMac monitor.

oh yeah, and dual hack ;)

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
Very cool. Just one question though... don't plasma screens have burn-in issues, where you're not supposed to have static images (like from computers or game consoles)?

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
atari1356 said:
Very cool. Just one question though... don't plasma screens have burn-in issues, where you're not supposed to have static images (like from computers or game consoles)?
If I left it on there with my desktop all day then yeah, I probably would have problems. But I only hook it up when I'm going to be watching something ;) :)

Espnetboy3

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2003
I gotta say that setup is sweet and Im very jealous. When I get my own pad I def want to have a nice setup like yours.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Nice job, edesignuk. You shouldn't have to say that you are sorry. It's exactly what I was expecting to see on your iMac desktop. :D

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
g30ffr3y said:
smilie_duhh.gif

If you're joking that post needs a smilie, if not...:mad:

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
g30ffr3y said:

LOL at comment. :)

Why is there ANY reason to be envy anyone for what they have, I am sure they worked hard for what they have obtained in life. If you want the same I see no reason as to why you cannot achieve the same if not better in time. :)

What is so new about the iMac G5 doing a spanning hack on a plasma, I have seen this before? :)

This thread is pointless gloating. :rolleyes:

g30ffr3y

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
buffalo ny
it wasnt really a jab at you edesign... just that guy who
went on about working for your belongings... ive got
belongings too... just different ones...

im sure my projector's picture looks like straight ass crack
compared to your plasma... but i wanted size over
quality this time...

no biggie... and that wanker comment was just a tiny jab...

no offense... no worry...

cygni

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2005
very nice!
this is probably a stupid question, but is that a plasma monitor or plasma t.v.? if it's a monitor, do you have it set up for use it as a television? :confused:

cygni

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2005
edesignuk said:
It's a TV, but the tuner box has a VGA input too ;)
excellent, thank you. now if I only had an extra £1,500 sitting around to buy one. :)

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
As long as there's bragging going on... I don't have any of my computers connected to it (I could, I suppose), but here's my plasma:

ArtInItsNaturalHabitat(2).jpg

Runco 50" set... all other gear in media closet in my office... the controller for the TV has a VGA input, but I don't use it... it'd be hard to drive the computers from the living room. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.