Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
I have my G5 DP Connected to my Sony VPL-HS2 project (upgrading v.soon) via very long HD15 cable, the projectors secured to the ceiling and the screen is a Draper Luma 100" 16x9 motorised screen that's remote controlled.

I have the optical output from my G5 running to my Rotel RSP-1066 Processor that feeds a Rotel RMB1075 5x 120watt Power Amp feeding a pair of B&W DM601 S3 Rear speakers, x2 B&W LCR600 Centre Speakers for Front and x1 B&W LCR60 Centre Speaker behind then a Rotel x2 300watt Power amp feeding a pair of B&W DM602 S3 Speakers for Front and a pair of B&W ASW650 sub's

Connected to the rotel gear is a NAD HDCD Player and a Denon 2900 DVD Player that does SACD as well. The Denon is much much better quality that the apple dvd player but the apple is v.good at ripped movies.

The setup is awesome ... spinning Pink Floyd Pulse live or Pink Floyd Darkside of the moon Special Edition the system really screams!

I dont have it too bassy but the system can really crank, I played Starwars Ep 2 and they could hear it down the road... It's lucky we dont have any neighbours close by!

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
garybUK, that sounds awesome!
smilie_pics.gif

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
garybUK said:
I have my G5 DP Connected to my Sony VPL-HS2 project (upgrading v.soon) via very long HD15 cable, the projectors secured to the ceiling and the screen is a Draper Luma 100" 16x9 motorised screen that's remote controlled.

I have the optical output from my G5 running to my Rotel RSP-1066 Processor that feeds a Rotel RMB1075 5x 120watt Power Amp feeding a pair of B&W DM601 S3 Rear speakers, x2 B&W LCR600 Centre Speakers for Front and x1 B&W LCR60 Centre Speaker behind then a Rotel x2 300watt Power amp feeding a pair of B&W DM602 S3 Speakers for Front and a pair of B&W ASW650 sub's

Connected to the rotel gear is a NAD HDCD Player and a Denon 2900 DVD Player that does SACD as well. The Denon is much much better quality that the apple dvd player but the apple is v.good at ripped movies.

The setup is awesome ... spinning Pink Floyd Pulse live or Pink Floyd Darkside of the moon Special Edition the system really screams!

I dont have it too bassy but the system can really crank, I played Starwars Ep 2 and they could hear it down the road... It's lucky we dont have any neighbours close by!

WOW can yoo please post some pictures for us :eek:
This sound like you have an ultimate setup for decades to come :eek:

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
Platform said:
WOW can yoo please post some pictures for us :eek:
This sound like you have an ultimate setup for decades to come :eek:

Yeah, post some sounds too!

On the other hand, maybe not. I felt a rumble here on the left coast the other morning, it was probably you cranking up Pink Floyd ;)

makisushi

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2004
Northern VA
clayjohanson said:
Runco 50" set... all other gear in media closet in my office... the controller for the TV has a VGA input, but I don't use it... it'd be hard to drive the computers from the living room. :)
A RUNCO?!? Will you marry me?

j/k nice setup, clay, i am super jealous

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
makisushi said:
A RUNCO?!? Will you marry me?

j/k nice setup, clay, i am super jealous
Funny story about my Runco... back in late 2000, when I was setting this all up, the guy from Audio/Video Systems (now part of Tweeter) suggested the Runco over the Pioneer that was available... so I went for it, and was just about the first person in Charlotte to have a plasma TV (and the first Runco for sure). About a month later, one of the pixels in the set blew out... having a 5-year ext. warranty on the set, I was a little ticked and called in. They asked me for the S/N from the set, the location of the dead pixel, etc., and called Runco. Runco said, "Why does a customer have that set? That set was for in-store display. (It really was... they never unboxed it, just brought it straight to my condo.) We're sending a NEW SET for the customer... go get the other one back and put it in the store like we told you to."

Four years later, and the new set still works PERFECTLY. I highly recommend Runco.

P.S.: Aren't you already married? And aren't you a guy? :)

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
All of this harware is pretty slick and I am jealous, however, the pic of the girl on edesignuk's screen is amazing! She is H O T hot!!!

Sorry, wife has been away for two weeks. I think anything would look nice at this point in time....

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
garybUK said:
Okay i got some old pics... my old Fuji 6800Zoom had poped its cloggs.... i will get some more pics on tuesday when i get a new cam ... (pay day :p )

But u get the general idea.... i've added a new DVD + Two Centre Speakers + 2 Channel Poweramp since these pics and the rooms been re-decorated.

http://homepage.mac.com/gary.bowers/PhotoAlbum10.html

Nice pic's

Well now we just have to wait for more pic's :D

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
edesignuk said:
Yes, quite a piece of work aren't I honey?

*snicker*

I shouldn't laugh, since I nearly thought the same thing for about 1 millionth of a second when I first joined here.

If I remember correctly, JFreak has a pretty nice setup - saw a picture in the "post a pic of your setup" thread from a while back. Too lazy to look for it now.

I helped a friend of mine install a projector in his house - it was a pain in the a** but it sure looked sweet when we got it working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.