Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
clayjohanson said:
As long as there's bragging going on... I don't have any of my computers connected to it (I could, I suppose), but here's my plasma:

ArtInItsNaturalHabitat(2).jpg

Runco 50" set... all other gear in media closet in my office... the controller for the TV has a VGA input, but I don't use it... it'd be hard to drive the computers from the living room. :)

That is an awesome media setup. Thank you for sharing the picture. It appears that you are an art collector also. ;)

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
clayjohanson said:

You should go to swaziland they have a glass blowing factory and they really make some interesting stuff.... They have become so popular that they ship stuff worldwide.

Go check out this SITE , if you interested.
You might also wanna do some web design for them... :D

PS: I really like your house BTW

DjVoTeZ

stromie952

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2002
Rochester, NY
Just to add something......

I have my old 17" iMac (already old!) hooked up to a regular TV and I use it all the time for TV shows and stuff like that. Instead of using MPlayer and having to make the TV the main display, just use VLC. It lets you choose what display you can make full screen unbder the video menu (I think). It makes it a lot easier for sure.

Enjoy the huge screen!

-Stromie

realityisterror

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2003
Snellville, GA
"Jump Britain"? I saw a special called "Jump London" on the discovery channel. i think it first aired a few weeks ago.. i'm sure it was the same thing, but, yes, you should watch it.. It's a bit repetitive but very interesting nonetheless.

reality

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
I think you have every right to brag, that's a nice setup.

I'm still stuck on CRTs and tube TVs. Maybe someday I'll update the flat panel/plasma, digital age. I'm sure by then, everything will be DLP or OLE. :p

Cure girl BTW, she looks familiar. ;)

thecow

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2003
Timonium MD
As everyone else has already said, thats an awesome setup you have there. Is that a Logitech Mx LASER mouse that you have by the iMac? I just got one for christmas and I've only had to charge it twice and I use it a lot.

To clayjohanson:
I t took me a while before I found the TV in your picture. It thinks it's a picture. :p

shuurajou

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2005
Bristol, England.
clayjohanson said:
As long as there's bragging going on... I don't have any of my computers connected to it (I could, I suppose), but here's my plasma:

Runco 50" set... all other gear in media closet in my office... the controller for the TV has a VGA input, but I don't use it... it'd be hard to drive the computers from the living room. :)

Can tell that's the house of a mac owner ;) - one word - style.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
clayjohanson said:

That is a really nice style you got there clayjohanson :)

shuurajou said:
Can tell that's the house of a mac owner - one word - style.

I'll agree with that ;)

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
edesignuk said:
This is just too cool, iMac G5 using the dual screen hack hooked up to my 43" Plasma (running at 1280x768) getting ready to watch a DivX movie of "Jump Britain" (really good program btw, if you see it on again, WATCH IT! I missed some of it so I've got this TV rip ;)).

Anyway, on to the shameless gloating (sorry, again)...

:D :D :D :D :D

Don't be sorry that was really coool :D

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
clayjohanson said:

WOW what a nice house you have got :D

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
realityisterror said:
"Jump Britain"? I saw a special called "Jump London" on the discovery channel. i think it first aired a few weeks ago.. i'm sure it was the same thing, but, yes, you should watch it.. It's a bit repetitive but very interesting nonetheless.

reality
Jump Britain was something they did after the sucess of Jump London (I haven't actually seen Jump London). So if you ever see it on check it out, it was really good!
thecow said:
As everyone else has already said, thats an awesome setup you have there. Is that a Logitech Mx LASER mouse that you have by the iMac? I just got one for christmas and I've only had to charge it twice and I use it a lot.
Yeah that's an MX1000, and yes, the battery life is amazing :cool:

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
shuurajou said:
Can tell that's the house of a mac owner ;) - one word - style.
Hate to do this to you, but I am a PC owner first, and a Mac owner second. 4 Sony VAIOs and one recently-acquired Mac mini. :)

Oh, and thanks to everyone for your very nice compliments. :cool:

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
clayjohanson said:
Hate to do this to you, but I am a PC owner first, and a Mac owner second. 4 Sony VAIOs and one recently-acquired Mac mini. :)

Now that is a shock :eek: ;) Nonetheless, nice style still.

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
clayjohanson said:

Great set up. Even my wife was impressed :)

By the way, what speakers are those hooked up to your plasma TV?

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
absolut_mac said:
Great set up. Even my wife was impressed :)

By the way, what speakers are those hooked up to your plasma TV?
Thanks. Those are M&K (Miller and Kreisel) 750 THX speakers... 6.1 setup, all 6 surround speakers matched with a subwoofer. A/V receiver is a B&K AVR-307 (now discontinued, but I assume the AVR-507 is similar). All the gear is, as I said, in a closet in my office, with all the wiring run behind the walls and above the ceiling. When I had this all set up four years ago, I told 'em to make sure the system would kick butt for at least 10 years. So far, it's doing just fine. :cool:

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
Thats freaking awesome E.

You got all that computer stuff plus that big tv in that room! :eek:

i'm jealous.... but i'm happy with my machine ;)

...apple just needs to fix the damn thing so i can get back on it...... its been gone longer than i've had it almost.... :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.