Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rj41978

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2020
I returned my AVP after 8 days of owning it thinking it was the right decision. Now almost a week has past and I find myself trying to buy one again even if it's a used one. Anyone else here feel the same way or am I just crazy?

fanboy05

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2011
I think there are quite a few people who have returned and re bought. returning because it doesn't have a fully developed App Store and the cost and then rebuying because the cost is what it is and isn't going down and the App Store will catch up here as people get the apps ready and publish. the ability to see the screen of my MBP over my head on the ceiling when resting is worth it for me alone. I LOVE this thing. Can't wait for new environments too. They will come in time!

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Never having returned an Apple product myself, I have a question:

How does Apple deal with people who repeat return items for a full refund?
It seems there area a lot of reviewers who seem to do this all the time, so don't they get a black mark against their name?
Do Apple let you return only so many items before refusing a future refund, or is it something like 1 or 2 items a year.

I'm guessing there must be some tracking of you as a customer being done so they know who you are, where you live and what items you have previously returned.

Reactions: fatTribble

pdoherty

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2014
I returned my AVP after 8 days of owning it thinking it was the right decision. Now almost a week has past and I find myself trying to buy one again even if it's a used one. Anyone else here feel the same way or am I just crazy?
Get a Quest 3 for 1/7th the price which has 100 times as many apps available.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I use the Pico Neo 4 also much cheaper and does the same thing.
banner_prev.png~tplv-3sfiono7t4-image.image

https://www.picoxr.com/global/products/pico4

Disher

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2024

Owning a VisionPro and reading all the talk about the Quest 3, I went out and bought one. What a joke, no comparison at all, the Quest is a toy. Not even a good functioning one. Now my curiosity is over, I love the VP, and the Quest is going back today. Mission accomplished!

Catasstrophy

Suspended
Jan 22, 2024

My partner and I each own a quest 3. Its a piece of 💩 compared to vision pro. Screen door effect, horrible contrast, environments look like low res cartoons and text looks sub 1080p, hand tracking is sub-par at best. I have a week to return my Quest 3 and still don't even know if it's worth keeping.

Last edited:

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
Buying a $4000 product, returning it, and then trying to re-buy it is a whole new level of ambivalence. I'm looking forward to the "who's returning their AVP for the second time" thread.

I get that people have a hard time making a decision about an expensive product.

But it seems weird to me that anyone needs to share the decisions with random people on the internet.

The only one who has to make the decision is yourself (and anyone else who you share financials with).

If you can’t decide on your own then in my opinion it’s best to simply not buy it at all, since you probably have some more important stuff to think about instead.

Not that I am telling anyone what to do here, just my two cents on the constant oversharing that happens on the internet.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Quality was very poor using Paramount+ streaming.
Video looked like 480p - very blurry.
Choppy, delayed audio and the poor quality stream made my eyes tear up.

Had to watch the majority of the game on my 75" Sony OLED TV.
Thanks for providing the details. But that sounds like an issue with the quality of the stream, not a problem with VP hardware or software? Am I missing or not understanding something?

turbineseaplane

macrumors Pentium
Mar 19, 2008
I get that people have a hard time making a decision about an expensive product.

I've always used the reasoning that: "If I don't 95-100% love it... return it"

I say that because I've learned that I personally have remorse set in if there too many caveats up front.

Once the initial rush wears off, all I end up focusing on is the things I didn't like straight away, so I better pretty much love it up front or I should return it while I can and keep looking/waiting/etc.

(this applies to most all products, but tech ones in particular)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008

But it seems weird to me that anyone needs to share the decisions with random people on the internet.

The only one who has to make the decision is yourself (and anyone else who you share financials with).

If you can’t decide on your own then in my opinion it’s best to simply not buy it at all, since you probably have some more important stuff to think about instead.

Not that I am telling anyone what to do here, just my two cents on the constant oversharing that happens on the internet.
I, for one, am glad that people are sharing their experiences and decisions about a product. It helps me make more informed decisions, especially if I don't know anyone in real life who are using the product.

heretiq

Contributor
Jan 31, 2014
Denver, CO
Owning a VisionPro and reading all the talk about the Quest 3, I went out and bought one. What a joke, no comparison at all, the Quest is a toy. Not even a good functioning one. Now my curiosity is over, I love the VP, and the Quest is going back today. Mission accomplished!
Thank you. I don’t understand the motivation of the handful of people on here who are constantly forcing the Quest and other AR/VR products into AVP discussions — where no one is interested in or asking about them.

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
I, for one, am glad that people are sharing their experiences and decisions about a product. It helps me make more informed decisions, especially if I don't know anyone in real life who are using the product.

Sorry if it was not clear, I am not saying people shouldn’t share their experiences or decisions. Feel free to share. I am saying that I don’t understand the desire to share financial decisions with others.

Opinions are wonderful and I welcome the “do” and “don’t” likes. I just don’t really care about whether anyone buys or returns.

Reactions: G5isAlive

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Sorry if it was not clear, I am not saying people shouldn’t share their experiences or decisions. Feel free to share. I am saying that I don’t understand the desire to share financial decisions with others.

Opinions are wonderful and I welcome the “do” and “don’t” likes. I just don’t really care about whether anyone buys or returns.
But isn't a decision to return a crucial part of a user experience? If someone has decided to return a product I'm considering buying, isnt that an important data point for me to consider, especially if they give an explanation of why they decided to return?

ovrlrd

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2009
But isn't a decision to return a crucial part of a user experience? If someone has decided to return a product I'm considering buying, isnt that an important data point for me to consider, especially if they give an explanation of why they decided to return?

I see your point but I would prefer it to be stated as things “I don’t like” about it, and even “don’t want” it. The part about whether they return or not doesn’t help me at all personally.

But I get that it is probably semantics and not really that different. Also people will share anyway, so it’s kind of irrelevant. I still manage to filter everything out but the important information.

Reactions: G5isAlive

Carac

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015

People like confirmation bias. It's why social media algorithms try to keep you engaged by feeding your biases. Crafting a bubble that says "you're right".

Reactions: Catasstrophy

BanditoB

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Chicago, IL

I think that a lot of people want and need validation for their choices, so they choose to share them pubicly in order to feel justified in what they did. If you’re alone in the wilderness, it doesn’t feel so great, but if you have peers that have made the same decision as you, then you feel validated and that you made a good decision.

Reactions: pugxiwawa
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.