Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
The Apple Book app doesn’t integrate with Kindle Books. You have to use the Safari reader which, isn’t bad.
I've always stuck to reading epubs because I want to own my books, not rent them from Amazon. My Mom's Amazon account got taken over, she couldn't get it back, and she lost all books she'd bought. 😡

Anyway, did Amazon opt out of making their iPad Kindle app available on the Vision Pro? What about Prime Videos?

OriginalAppleGuy

Suspended
Sep 25, 2016
Virginia
I've always stuck to reading epubs because I want to own my books, not rent them from Amazon. My Mom's Amazon account got taken over, she couldn't get it back, and she lost all books she'd bought. 😡

Anyway, did Amazon opt out of making their iPad Kindle app available on the Vision Pro? What about Prime Videos?

You can use the iPad Prime Video app. I get the concern with “buying” books from a company that limits you to their echo system. I tend to be a read it once, I’m good, kind of person. So it’s not that big of a deal. Besides, if I REALLY like a book and have to “buy” it again to use another platform, it helps the author so I’m not that concerned. Now if we are talking a $300 technical type book? I’ll figure that out if the day comes.

Reactions: G5isAlive

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
I've always stuck to reading epubs because I want to own my books, not rent them from Amazon. My Mom's Amazon account got taken over, she couldn't get it back, and she lost all books she'd bought.

When iBooks came out I did favor epubs. But Amazon started being the only source for cheaper and kindle happened. Then kindle unlimited.

A vision app would go a long way for me. Comics as well as I got collections from 70s-90s mostly marvel/dc. I notice marvel comic iPad app is on there but wasn’t at first. No dc. No native vision. Probably my main iPad use.

Reactions: Night Spring

calderini

macrumors member
May 6, 2004
Quality was very poor using Paramount+ streaming.
Video looked like 480p - very blurry.
Choppy, delayed audio and the poor quality stream made my eyes tear up.

Had to watch the majority of the game on my 75" Sony OLED TV.
I did not even know that was an option. I'm a Spectrum customer and just used my Spectrum iPad app to stream. Kept the Screen about 100 inches about 5 feet way from me and it was a really good experience. Not so much better or worse than watching on my Sony 4k 65 inch, but I was able to do it in other rooms which was kind of cool. Wonder why your bitrate was so degraded? I'm on 1GB Spectrum Internet as well. (Using a wi-fi 6e Router) Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not but I don't know what the bitrate "tolerance" for 4k Video is through a standard router.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I did not even know that was an option. I'm a Spectrum customer and just used my Spectrum iPad app to stream. Kept the Screen about 100 inches about 5 feet way from me and it was a really good experience. Not so much better or worse than watching on my Sony 4k 65 inch, but I was able to do it in other rooms which was kind of cool. Wonder why your bitrate was so degraded? I'm on 1GB Spectrum Internet as well. (Using a wi-fi 6e Router) Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not but I don't know what the bitrate "tolerance" for 4k Video is through a standard router.
My network is 1GB (Wired LAN), and I use a Ubiquiti UniFi dual router mesh system so it's not the Wifi speed.

It was Paramount's fault as they later admitted streaming issues.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
I tried to put the Watch TCM app on the AVP. Got to the point where I put in my email address for YouTube TV, my carrier, and I was unable to put in my email address. The keyboard did not come up. Edit: Was able to log in today using the web browser.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.