Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
EDIT: Use @AphoticD's iContainer file on page 2 for easier icon installation.
EDIT: Use @AphoticD's Spotlight fix on page 2 of this thread to get the Spotlight look working.
Tiger Sierra Theme

Picture 1.png

Theme Includes:
-UI (traffic lights, buttons, etc.)
-Icons
-About This Mac
-PPCAppStore
-And more!

Get it on the PPCAppStore!

Screenshots (will add more soon!)

Picture 1.png Picture 1.png
*Second screenshot is using MenuShade for menu bar and ClearDock to make the dock appear blurred.

Last edited:

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
This looks good! Great work, I'm sure many people will love this.

However, that said, I really don't like skins for my Macs' OSs, so I won't be using this. :p

Reactions: AmazingHenry

redmanu

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2017
I'm testing your theme in Tiger, and it's spectacular! Great job! Thank you for your dedication and dedicated time!

doggoli

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2017
Serbia
I love the theme, but i am having some issues though...Spotlight looks like the default tiger one and about this mac is not working at all...Also i dont know if this feature exists at all or if your screenshot makes it look that way, but the dock isn't blurred at all.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 704

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Is there a way that the old 'About this Mac' dialogue box can be brought back? Congrats and keep up the good work!
Yes, you can select to have a custom install in the installer and uncheck "About This Mac". :)
I love the theme, but i am having some issues though...Spotlight looks like the default tiger one and about this mac is not working at all...Also i dont know if this feature exists at all or if your screenshot makes it look that way, but the dock isn't blurred at all.
Thanks for reporting this! I became aware of the ATM bug right after release, and I found out how to fix it thanks to @SourceSunTom. It will be fixed in the next version!

As for Spotlight, I'll look into it. It will also be fixed in the next update.

The dock isn't blurred. The Tiger dock is near impossible to modify, so I just left it default as it already fits in OK. If you want, you can adjust the transparency using ClearDock.

Thanks again for telling me about these issues.

doggoli

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2017
Serbia
Here is my final set up of this theme. I used menu shade to get the transparent look of the menu bar and i used cleardock to make the dock background blurred. I also disabled spotlight to make it look normal.

After tweaking this looks even more convincing than Leopardrebirth

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 713

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Here is my final set up of this theme. I used menu shade to get the transparent look of the menu bar and i used cleardock to make the dock background blurred. I also disabled spotlight to make it look normal.

After tweaking this looks even more convincing than Leopardrebirth
Thanks. :) Nice job on the dock, you set the colors really nicely so that it looks like the dock is blurred.

Reactions: doggoli

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
To anyone who hasn't installed the theme but wants to in the near future:

I recommend waiting a bit. Update 1.1 will bring an easy icon installer so you can install with one click, where as right now you have to replace manually with CandyBar. If you can wait a month or so, save yourself the trouble.

Reactions: amagichnich

kge420

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
Love the ability to have a different look. Having trouble getting the icons from the icon folder to show up once they've been placed in candybar. Seems straightforward enough of an action but no go.
I could wait for 1.1 but where's the fun in that!

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Love the ability to have a different look. Having trouble getting the icons from the icon folder to show up once they've been placed in candybar. Seems straightforward enough of an action but no go.
I could wait for 1.1 but where's the fun in that!
Can you be more descriptive on your problem, maybe share a screenshot? This shouldn't be happening; this worked flawlessly on all of my testing machines.

doggoli

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2017
Serbia
Is it possible to add a dark theme option, or would that be too much work? Don't get me wrong the theme is amazing as it is but i was just wondering.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Is it possible to add a dark theme option, or would that be too much work? Don't get me wrong the theme is amazing as it is but i was just wondering.
Afraid I can't do that, because I'm having trouble modifying the UI files. :( You can set your dock color to black though, and using MenuShade you may be able to get the menu bar black as well.

kge420

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
Can you be more descriptive on your problem, maybe share a screenshot? This shouldn't be happening; this worked flawlessly on all of my testing machines.
Picture 1.png

As you can see they show up as "ICNS'. I don't have a paid version of CandyBar. Went to their site and they are defunct.

kge420

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
I entered the code and it didn't take. Not valid or something like that.

amagichnich

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2017
Stuttgart, Germany
I had the same issue on my iBook. Couple weeks later I tried again and it was activated without me doing anything. Maybe it is a temporary problem that occurs sometimes. Keep trying!

kge420

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
Will do. Thanks. Will the activation of CandyBar help with the icon issue I'm having?

kge420

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
jbarley, that is the version, 2.6.1, and activation code I've been trying. I'll keep after it. Thanks for the interest in this issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.