Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Just to get the current prices right 🖐️

13 mini = 599$

14 = 799$

14 Pro = 999$
I'm using a 1TB 14 PM right now but my iPad Air is a 256GB and I'm barely using half of it - so I think I could get by with the 256GB 13 mini. Very very tempting. :D haha.

Thank you for the current prices - I do think most people opt for the base storage. Imo that's smarter especially if trading in to apple, it's the same $ regardless of storage size chosen.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
What!!? Never used the trade in option so far, but this is bit chocking!? 😬
Yep, so I had a iPhone 13 PM 1TB.

1693580719517.png

Apple would only pay $640 for my 1TB iPhone 13 PM - same as it would pay for a 128GB iPhone 13PM. :p.

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2023
Yep, so I had a iPhone 13 PM 1TB.

View attachment 2253707

Apple would only pay $640 for my 1TB iPhone 13 PM - same as it would pay for a 128GB iPhone 13PM. :p.
Well that puts certain things slightly into another perspective, kind of glad I took the 512GB instead of 1TB now. 😀 but thinking about it, it wouldn’t have effected my choice I guess, I would have chosen according to my needs anyway. But very good to know, thanks!

Reactions: BigMcGuire

primarycolors

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
CA
Very glad I'm not the only one who's been considering this. I bought both a 14 and 14 Pro to help decide which was right for me—I loved the 14 and kept the Pro only for the camera. With 48MP coming to the regular 15 it should be perfect :)

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
When Apple announced the 13 mini the following year, it was.... the exact same phone as the 12 mini. It went from an A14 to an A15, and that was it.
It was more than that. Brighter screen, slight camera changes, base storage was doubled and most importantly 2hrs more battery life. The screen, storage and battery life were what a lot of folks wanted just came at the wrong time (e.g. pandemic).

Last edited:

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
Not that I'm aware of sadly. We might need to wait the new series before we get conclusive data, but the 14 plus seems to be a hit and I red somwhere that 36% of the chip allocation was geared towards 15 pro maxes.

Either going to be a great quarter, or a bloodbath. Hoping for the former rather than the latter.
really the 14 plus is a hit?? IN the US? I've always thought it was a good phone, minus the camera :)

Dhonk

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2015
But the fact is the mini sold bad. “Few” people investing in an iPhone seam not willing to compromise and buy the mini. Other things than small size and lower weight is more important and worth it for them in my conclusion. The numbers speaks for them selfs.

I thought the estimate was the 12 mini made up like 10-15 million devices the initial year and even more the next when it continued on sale. The 13 mini is still selling. What Apple should do is update their heavy pro phones each year, but go to a 2-3 year upgrade cycle on others. Mini year 1. Plus year 2. Mini year 3. Etc

The mini was hurt by Apple ignoring marketing it.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Reactions: Chidoro

Sebalto

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2023
No. I can’t stand Androids. I’d bite the bullet in that situation and get whatever was the smallest iPhone.
What is it you can't stand about them? Genuinely interested as I used to think they were junk about 10 years ago but using a Pixel now until the iPhone 15 is released I'm suprised at how far the OS has come.

ThatsMrsGeek2U

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2012
I have a 11ProMax and i wish i could get a “pro mini”.
I got the iPad mini when the latest version came out and really don't need a Max phone any longer.
Heck I can take calls on my watch, my phone is mostly a texting thing, something to run my carplay and a camera I use all the time.

I just want the best camera on the smallest phone please. A ProMini would be a dream, and I don’t really care if they leave off a lot of things as long as I get the camera.

Hell make it as thick as the pro lenses are, so you can shove more battery in, it would still slide into my pocket and fit in my hand!

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Lots of small(er) iPhone passionate people here, nice! 👍

Now let’s put this passion into some real action and lobby Apple directly for a nice and modern sub-6.1” iPhone here:

I personally sent my request to them about a month ago, but we need way more numbers to make it real. ✌️

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2023
I thought the estimate was the 12 mini made up like 10-15 million devices the initial year and even more the next when it continued on sale. The 13 mini is still selling. What Apple should do is update their heavy pro phones each year, but go to a 2-3 year upgrade cycle on others. Mini year 1. Plus year 2. Mini year 3. Etc

The mini was hurt by Apple ignoring marketing it.
Yes it’s still a lot of mini’s 😀 and don’t know the numbers by heart, but it was meant in a relative sense.
I agree with you totally, they should find ways to update and keep the mini and your suggestion is a pretty good one 👍

QuietGamer

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2014
US
Loved my 13 Mini for personal use. Loved the size and pocketablility of it. I had it for 2 years.

Need my 14PM for work. Need better battery life and screen size is a plus when using Apl Maps.

I also had an Apl watch 7 LTE in the mix paired to the Mini. Also using the DIGITS feature.

On the weekends the 14PM would be shut off and I would use the Mini exclusively.

So as an experiment over the last year and using T-Mobile DIGITS feature I had both phones "tied" to the same phone number for $10 a mo. Kind of like a watch paired with a phone but different because it is a phone per T-Mobile. The Mini having the main number. For the most part it worked but there were some tech issues with texting and phone calls that I could not get fixed or figure out without jumping thru a lot of hoops.

Texting: for some reason when texting from the 14PM to an Android user it would fail to send. Worked fine to another iPhone. The Mini did not have these issues which had the main number.

Phone calls: When both phones were on the same WiFi network an incoming call would always fail when answered on either phone. I could answer on either phone when on cellular only.

My hope is to simplify life and get a 15Pro and Apl watch 9 LTE this upgrade cycle. Hopefully the 15Pro will get Max like battery life with the new A17 efficiency in the smaller form factor of the 6.1" size.

I recently sold the Mini and watch preparing for the new phone announcement. This 14PM is a hand full for sure. FWIW I am missing the watch tremendously.

Guess I/we will know the answers shortly.

Reactions: Carlsberg69

Carlsberg69

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2023
Loved my 13 Mini for personal use. Loved the size and pocketablility of it. I had it for 2 years.

Need my 14PM for work. Need better battery life and screen size is a plus when using Apl Maps.

I also had an Apl watch 7 LTE in the mix paired to the Mini. Also using the DIGITS feature.

On the weekends the 14PM would be shut off and I would use the Mini exclusively.

So as an experiment over the last year and using T-Mobile DIGITS feature I had both phones "tied" to the same phone number for $10 a mo. Kind of like a watch paired with a phone but different because it is a phone per T-Mobile. The Mini having the main number. For the most part it worked but there were some tech issues with texting and phone calls that I could not get fixed or figure out without jumping thru a lot of hoops.

Texting: for some reason when texting from the 14PM to an Android user it would fail to send. Worked fine to another iPhone. The Mini did not have these issues which had the main number.

Phone calls: When both phones were on the same WiFi network an incoming call would always fail when answered on either phone. I could answer on either phone when on cellular only.

My hope is to simplify life and get a 15Pro and Apl watch 9 LTE this upgrade cycle. Hopefully the 15Pro will get Max like battery life with the new A17 efficiency in the smaller form factor of the 6.1" size.

I recently sold the Mini and watch preparing for the new phone announcement. This 14PM is a hand full for sure. FWIW I am missing the watch tremendously.

Guess I/we will know the answers shortly.
Very interesting to hear your setup. Kind of trying myself in a similar way. Having a 14 max as main phone even for work, main reason for also having it in the first place, then a AW S6 LTE for getting the max out of my face “as much as possible” in a digital detox kind way and it’s working to a degree actually. Then for “total” step down at certain times, like a weekend or when really want to step away from the max including work, I put my sim in my old 5s with upgraded battery. And the 5s is really a mini mini phone 😂, can’t believe that was a flagship ones… and yes, living in Europe so I have sim tray in my 14 max 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: QuietGamer

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
Why do large phone aficionados feel the urge to jump into threads like this and convince people that small phones suck, their battery life is abysmal, typing is hard…? I just want to enjoy my 13 mini in peace. You want a 7” phone? Ok that’s cool. It proves the adage “no one wants to hear your opinion, they want to hear their opinion coming out of your mouth”

seanmcbay

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2009
What is it you can't stand about them? Genuinely interested as I used to think they were junk about 10 years ago but using a Pixel now until the iPhone 15 is released I'm suprised at how far the OS has come.
There’s nothing wrong with them. It’s mostly a bunch of small things and me not wanting to change after using iPhones for over 15 years. Just not for me.

singerdesign

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2018
...and it was the best decision I've ever made. I had been wanting to downsize from the Pro Max for awhile now, mainly due to the phone just feeling like a brick in my pocket & being virtually impossible for one handed use. I had also realized that the pro features (bigger battery, 120hz screen, camera) were no longer really important to me & didn't seem worth the unwieldy size trade-off. I think my use has changed over the past year or so. I realized that I've started to value portability & ease of use, over many of the fancier features.

I was originally planning on just waiting & picking up the regular 15 Pro. However, once I started doing research on the Mini, I thought it sounded like a perfect fit. It's odd because I had never even considered the phone before last week. I always just wrote it off due to it's size, not realizing that it's the phones greatest strength. Even with the trade-offs of the phone being 60hz (which is negligible after a day or two) & a smaller battery, I haven't had any regrets so far. This phone is simply a joy to use & I honestly don't ever see myself getting another Pro Max phone. And call me crazy, but I actually prefer the 13 notch over the Dynamic Island, just personal preference I guess. It's also nice having a physical SIM again. I'm not a fan of ESIM at all.

I write this because I see a lot of people complaining about the size & weight of the Pros. You guys should seriously consider checking out the Mini if you haven't. You may be surprised to find that some of the Pro features aren't really as necessary as you might think. The rumor is that Apple will pull the 13 Mini from the shelves after the 15 releases, so time may be limited. I will now be swapping between the Mini & my Galaxy Fold 5, when I need a big screen. I truly feel as I have the best of both worlds now.
🙌 YUS, I love this...!!!!🙏
SAME HERE!🫸💥🫷
My story is similar... long ago I got the 11 Pro Max and love hated it. As great as the camera was, the size was never fun when it came to working out, running, or wearing shorts.. heck even trying to stuff that monster in my jeans was a joke. Around the time the 14Pro's were announced I already knew I'd aim smaller, but when I actually got that hunk of metal it was just as obnoxious if not more; the ridiculous dissonant inertia of something that heavy while trying to run at the beach.. NO.. within a month or so I was back at the Manzana Store perusing the 13 Mini's and haven't looked back.

 Less is more.
Someone at Apple knows this.. Perhaps someone somewhere deep in the company is probably working on something delightfully small & lightweight.
Fingers crossed🤞🏴‍☠️

AirpodsNow

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2017
I got my mini since introduction, now battery health is 85%. I use wireless (MagSafe) charging all the time. It’s not enough for me anymore, will need to replace the battery if I don’t buy a new iPhone this year.

Just to say, the mini 13’s battery was sufficient when new, when it dropped more than 10% in health (usable battery), it wasn’t enough. That was reached a bit over a year.

ThailandToo

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2022
...and it was the best decision I've ever made. I had been wanting to downsize from the Pro Max for awhile now, mainly due to the phone just feeling like a brick in my pocket & being virtually impossible for one handed use. I had also realized that the pro features (bigger battery, 120hz screen, camera) were no longer really important to me & didn't seem worth the unwieldy size trade-off. I think my use has changed over the past year or so. I realized that I've started to value portability & ease of use, over many of the fancier features.

I was originally planning on just waiting & picking up the regular 15 Pro. However, once I started doing research on the Mini, I thought it sounded like a perfect fit. It's odd because I had never even considered the phone before last week. I always just wrote it off due to it's size, not realizing that it's the phones greatest strength. Even with the trade-offs of the phone being 60hz (which is negligible after a day or two) & a smaller battery, I haven't had any regrets so far. This phone is simply a joy to use & I honestly don't ever see myself getting another Pro Max phone. And call me crazy, but I actually prefer the 13 notch over the Dynamic Island, just personal preference I guess. It's also nice having a physical SIM again. I'm not a fan of ESIM at all.

I write this because I see a lot of people complaining about the size & weight of the Pros. You guys should seriously consider checking out the Mini if you haven't. You may be surprised to find that some of the Pro features aren't really as necessary as you might think. The rumor is that Apple will pull the 13 Mini from the shelves after the 15 releases, so time may be limited. I will now be swapping between the Mini & my Galaxy Fold 5, when I need a big screen. I truly feel as I have the best of both worlds now.
Funny, I asked Apple support how to get an iPhone with a physical SIM. Apple told me the 13 Mini would do what I want. I really am just going to buy the iPhone 15 Pro Max in Hong Kong as I don’t want to carry a mini as a second phone And use Nothing Phone as main phone. So, I go with iPhone not influenced by US carriers, and keep the Nothing as my second phone. It’s sadApple decided carriers are more important than Customers! Tim all ready sold his soul to Chinese Devil, so why cave to carriers here. Every penny he makes AAPL, they seem to give him another $100m in stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.