Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appledes7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
My Galaxy S3 has 2100 MAH light use I get 14 hours, screen on for 2 hours

I don't think that is good at all so there is more too it than battery

The Nexus 4 has a 4.7" screen, 2100 mAh battery, stock Android (no bloatware), and has awful battery life.

farewelwilliams

Suspended
Jun 18, 2014
Adding that thickness and bigger battery would also make the device heavier. Use a battery pack if you don't mind thickness and heavy devices. I want my phone to be slim and light and my 5s already have great battery performance.

the iPhone is too thin/light already. it was easier to pick my iPhone 4 from a flat surface compared to the iPhone 5.

----------

And the iPhone would be still be 12mm thick and would weigh 170g if people like you were in charge.

wait until iPhone 12 comes out and it'll be paper thin! try picking that up from a flat surface (as if the iPhone 5 wasn't hard enough to pick up).

----------

technology evolves should everything stay the same thickness? they will continue to get smaller thats just what happens.

batteries haven't had a major breakthrough since lithium ion.

sixrom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2013
Apple failed to give better battery, i dont know why they are really not getting this thing done, is it that complicated.
Apple has historically chosen the anorexic approach to satiate their obsession with skinny phones. Knowing they can get away with anything they wish, it's their subservient flaccid user base that can be counted on to be quick to embrace anything Apple puts a price tag on.

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2007
Just another piece of unimportant anecdotal evidence. I was at a dinner party tonight with three generations totaling 12 people. I asked who among them would rather have an iPhone with their next purchase that had twice the battery life versus who would rather have one that was a little thinner and all 12 hands went up for the battery life.

Edit: on the way home I talked to an old friend in CA. Asked him the same question. He went on a rant about how he and everyone he knew at his office were talking today about how they needed to get a battery pack.

What exactly happens when all the anecdotal evidence starts to pile up, and only the couple dummies who are able to use their phones (on airplane mode) for 2 days are the ones without large samples of people who agree with them?

Last edited:

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
No effing chance I'm going to spend my valuable time doing that all day long like all the other monkeys I see doing it around me.
Yeah, why spend any time learning something when one can have a strong opinion right away.

None of my location tracking is useless. Nor is any of my USE. I am a professional at fixing computers and phones. I NEED every thing I do. ZERO games. ZERO streaming media. NO time spent in weak 3G/4G coverage (within 10 miles of DC all day every day).

You people make me sick. All you do is blame the user for actually using their phone. "Must be something you're doing wrong". EVERYONE I know complains about their iPhone battery life. It always runs out by the evening. I told a story earlier about a group of 8 of us who went to a concert last weekend and NONE of us had battery at the middle of the show except the two who put the phone into airplane mode. When I went to the bar afterward, I asked the bartender to charge my phone. No can do she said - because there were already TWO iphones using up their chargers!

You must live in some kind of dream world if you think only a small part of users run out of juice, because that world doesn't intersect with the one I live in even a little bit.
So, if most people around you don't make it through a day on a single charge, but most people around me do, what does this tell you?

Let me ask you a small question: What are your current numbers for time on standby and time in 'usage' since the last full charge (Settings -> General -> Usage), and how much battery charge was used up for that? My numbers
from earlier this evening were: 17 hours on standby and 6 hours 15 minutes in usage, and I used 60% of the battery charge for this (ie, I still had 40% charge left after more than 23 hours).

How am I doing this? Am I living in an alternative universe? Or am I not using the phone correctly?

----------

Just another piece of an important anecdotal evidence. I was at a dinner party tonight with three generations totaling 12 people. I asked who among them would rather have an iPhone with their next purchase that had twice the battery life versus who would rather have one that was a little thinner and all 12 hands went up for the battery life.

The reasons people proclaim (or even think) to use for their decisions are not necessarily the ones that actually were the determinant ones.

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2007
Omg there were two iPhones using chargers?! That definitely means iPhones have bad battery life!!! Oh wait, that's as much science concerning iPhone battery life as Donald Trump knows about climate change, which is to say..none. Seriously though, what are your usage numbers? How many hours does it say usage for today?

Today was out of the ordinary because I could keep my phone charging all day. My usage though, was typical, so this kind of usage would generally leave me with 20% at about 5 PM. Usage 6:59. Standby 12:38.

----------

So, if most people around you don't make it through a day on a single charge, but most people around me do, what does this tell you?

It tells me you're lying, because I know I'm telling the truth, and you're just a stranger on the internet.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
Today was out of the ordinary because I could keep my phone charging all day. My usage though, was typical, so this kind of usage would generally leave me with 20% at about 5 PM. Usage 6:59. Standby 12:38.

----------

It tells me you're lying, because I know I'm telling the truth, and you're just a stranger on the internet.

Always the easy way out, when something doesn't fit into ones preset opinion, it must be a lie. Note, I'm not calling you a liar, I believe that your phone runs out of charge over the course of the day as are those of the people around you.

But let's ask a different question, why do iPhones always land in the upper midfield in battery tests despite Apple being the only manufacturer sacrificing battery life for looks?

Burger Thing

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2009
Around the World
And that explains why Sony Xperia Z2, HTC One m8 and LG G2/G3 take significantly longer to charge? Having an exception doesn't make something the norm. :rolleyes:

For lithium batteries normally the rule is: the more capacity the battery has, the more more Amps can safely be used for charging. For a ballpark figure charging Amps are around 0.6 - 0.7 C. For example a LG G2/3 uses a 1.8 A charger for their 3000 mAh battery. It takes less than 2 hours to completely charge the battery.

But as an ex iPhone, ex Samsung Galaxy Note and present LG G2 owner I can assure you, that the LG G2 complete destroys the iPhone when it comes to real world, heavy usage.

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2007
Always the easy way out, when something doesn't fit into ones preset opinion, it must be a lie. Note, I'm not calling you a liar, I believe that your phone runs out of charge over the course of the day as are those of the people around you.

But let's ask a different question, why do iPhones always land in the upper midfield in battery tests despite Apple being the only manufacturer sacrificing battery life for looks?

What makes you think that Apple is the only manufacturer trading off battery life for looks? What an absurd suggestion. Just because iOS is more battery efficient doesn't mean that all manufacturers don't make the same exact choices, they just have different starting parameters.

Apple made the decision that having strikingly better battery life was a selling point with laptops. They could make the same decision with iPhones.

The fact is, there is very little to differentiate phones these days. Most people have made up their mind, cast their lot with their OS of choice. If all iPhone6 users NEVER had to worry about battery life, Apple would suddenly have 10m new salespeople in bars and restaurants, concerts and shows around the world, telling Android users that they were crazy for using a phone that was running out of battery on them daily. Instead, Apple is content to be in the middle of the pack. Not Apple's usual place in the market.

lk400

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2012
Look at what the competitors offer. Stop defending Apple for them choosing device thinness over battery capacity.

What if he/she prefers to have a thinner & lighter phone, and an extra 2 hours of battery life isnt important to him? Can he defend it then?

----------

Calling shenanigans on this.

I dont know what that means, but if you mean he is lying - how can you know? I get through every day with at least 30% battery left, and I dont just leave my phone in my pocket. I would be recharging my phone every day anyway, so for me, better battery performance is simply not important. Maybe its the same for that person.

kenroberts83

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
No effing chance I'm going to spend my valuable time doing that all day long like all the other monkeys I see doing it around me.

----------

None of my location tracking is useless. Nor is any of my USE. I am a professional at fixing computers and phones. I NEED every thing I do. ZERO games. ZERO streaming media. NO time spent in weak 3G/4G coverage (within 10 miles of DC all day every day).

You people make me sick. All you do is blame the user for actually using their phone. "Must be something you're doing wrong". EVERYONE I know complains about their iPhone battery life. It always runs out by the evening. I told a story earlier about a group of 8 of us who went to a concert last weekend and NONE of us had battery at the middle of the show except the two who put the phone into airplane mode. When I went to the bar afterward, I asked the bartender to charge my phone. No can do she said - because there were already TWO iphones using up their chargers!

You must live in some kind of dream world if you think only a small part of users run out of juice, because that world doesn't intersect with the one I live in even a little bit.

You do realize that third party vendors manufacture battery extension cases for the iPhone, correct? I'm sorry to inform you, but Apple and other major companies design their products for the average user, not for exceptionally heavy users. Instead of every single user carrying around a bulky phone, it's just easier for a few people to buy the extra battery capacity that they need. Here are a few links for you:

http://www.mophie.com/shop/iphone-5
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&usc=All+Categories
http://www.cnet.com/news/top-iphone-4-and-4s-extended-battery-cases/

I might also recommend a USB charger for your car.

Also, just to emphasize it one more time, close your multitasking apps when you're not using them. Also put your phone into airplane mode when you're flying, or you'll lose half your battery by the time you land.

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
I know this in regards to thickness and weight, because I'm writing this comment on my iPod touch 5th gen which is incredibly thin, and much lighter. In no reality does this device not feel better than holding the iPhone 5S due to weight and thickness.

That is highly subjective. I think that the iPhone 5 already is borderline too thin and flimsy to be comfortable to hold. It definitely is too light when used as a camera. A heavier and sturdier phone is much easier to hold and stabilize.

But, as you said, there is nothing that you can't do with a current iPhone that you could do with a 1 mm thinner iPhone. There are, however, plenty of things that you can't do with the current battery capacity but that you could do if the iPhone had more juice.

tdream

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2009
Anandtech shows the 'tiny' battery in the 5s competes quite well against the 3000 mAh Android flagships.

Absolutely shocking that your post has received so many upvotes, no offence but it really shows the lack of critical thinking on the forum. Post a few graphs with a positive Apple spin and watch the upvotes flood in.

The 5S has a 4 inch screen, sub 720p (1136 x 640) not even HD, almost all Android phones are 5+ inch in size, 1080p. The 5S theoretically should be beating out all of the competition in this department, but it isn't.

I don't trust Anandtech battery times at all. His use cases work for only for the lightest of users. For example my retina macbook pro has never gotten close to 8 hours without charging. In fact most websites never actually use the computer until the battery runs out. They loop a script to replicate various use cases but that isn't realistic. Tapping the keyboard uses cpus power as does scrolling and multi touch. These are never factored in. Neither is using flash or browsing unoptimised websites. Why don't they run youtube full screen 1080p or twitch 1080p? Because they aren't optimised and kill battery life in the real world.

Most websites treat a battery powered laptop usecase as a typewriter and mp3 player, of course you'll get a long time on battery if you only do that.

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
I think you have that backwards. The only moaners are the ones who want a bigger battery and complain about battery life. Everyone else is happy with the current size and performance.

Everyone else is? You mean the usual selection of Apple Fanboys that would even buy a turd if it had an Apple logo on it, and who couldn't make an informed decision to save their lives. You can sugar coat it all you want, but the battery simply isn't up to the job the phone is designed and marketed for. Is it manageable, yes, in most cases. Is it idea, well no, not really.

You're arguing semantics. I'm arguing technology. Try to keep up.
I can't keep up, you're making it up as you go along and stating people are saying they want a thicker iPhone when in fact no one did!

Absolutely shocking that your post has received so many upvotes, no offence but it really shows the lack of critical thinking on the forum. Post a few graphs with a positive Apple spin and watch the upvotes flood in.

Shocking, possibly, surprising, definitely not!

Last edited:

D-Dave

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2010
Anandtech shows the 'tiny' battery in the 5s competes quite well against the 3000 mAh Android flagships.

I guess one would have to consider that those "Android Flagships" do have 5" displays with a much higher pixel count, plus the fact that the two test you posted are rather display heavy, to me it does not look too promising...but I hope that the overall pakage of the 6 will be an improvement for my usage pattern (heavy on calls, messages and e-mail; moderate on web, location and connectivity, light on everything else)
I think a bump from the current 1,560 mAh to 1,810 mAh would put he iPhone close to par with those flagships and 2,100 mAh would exceed them.
I guess we'll know for sure when the thing is released.
Again, even though i doubt it, I strongly hope that you are right. *keepingfingerscrossed*

Not directed at Keane but more at the general tone of this thread:
Am I the only one who has a feeling that priorities for many posters here change according to apples product/design choices?
I remember when typical battery-life was way better on the iPhone then on any android phone, most made the point they would never switch to a product with such inferior (battery-)performance. Now that the iPhone is falling behind those same people defend a design choice of thinness over enlarged batterycapacity because battery life is good enough...VERY odd.

Granted that my usage pattern already lets me carry around the larges juice-pack whenever I know I won't have the chance to recharge during the day, I do realy care about every last bit of batterylife i can get out of my phone...

BTW...that is one reason why I dislike the idea of lightning headphones/headsets...that port is used many times for recharging (while at the airport and making calls that juice-pack sits in my pocket and is keeping the phone alive...so having the headset connect to a port different from the one used for charging is a great idea...that is also an argument vs. those dreadful headsets for micro-usb that come with some of the android phones)

Ah well, enough ranting for now....maybe I will just have to face the fact that I may have to get another (dumb or long lasting android) phone to cover phonecalls and handle the rest of my workload on the iPhone (hmmm...not a great idea, and would even make the "thinner"-choice even more absurd for me...)

Disclaimer: Your usage pattern may vary greatly from mine, to me a smartphone is mostly a businesstool on the road. I do not claim that my experience is in any way compareable to anyone elses. In this post I am just trying to give some reasons why I would like a similar thick (or maybe even slightly thicker) iPhone with enhanced batterylife much more then a slimmer with equal or less batterylife...

Keane16

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2007
Wow, that's pretty sad that a battery with half the capacity of competitors gets so close to their battery life. Impressive.

It sure is, one them vertical integration advantages. I'm quite interested to see what these charts will be like for the the iPhone 6 if it is indeed a larger device.

(I should add that I'd rather see a 3.5" to 4.3" device with similar battery, but looks like I'm not going to see that size iPhone released).

For watching videos or browsing the internet the iPhone battery is competitive, only because of the screen size. If you compare a basic task of talk time, iPhone battery life sucks! this is a major issue for a lot of people that use the iPhone for business and constantly are on the conference calls, etc. Add to that some emails and few other activities and the iPhone will die before noon if you do not keep it charged!

take a look at the and you will see what I am talking about
http://blog.gsmarena.com/nokia-lumia-icon-battery-test/
btw, make sure to click EXPAND next to the comparison table for full results on the url above

The graph you link to shows the battery talk time is over 10 hours, I don't think that sucks. Surely that is enough for the chattiest business person. If you really are draining it before noon - you are a niche user. You'd probably be better served by a different device.

Remember - Apple releases 1 flagship model a year. They have to target the biggest chunk of users. I just don't think the 10 hour talk time is that much of an issue to the majority of smartphone users. That doesn't mean it is enough for everyone, but should be ok for a lot.

If iOS is what you want, and your phone is dying by noon, then slip on a battery case. For $55 you can add 2,300 mAh and you can add or remove the pack whenever you want. http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-iphone-5-battery-case/.

Not every mAh is the same, it depends massively on how the battery is charged and discharged, this is a huge increase for an apple product that should lead to 18-20 hours web surfing with the right chip. Apple is just better at the integration, i'm always shocked by how small iPhone batteries are every time i hear it quoted!

Yeah, it is crazy. As I said above in response to cmChimera, I'm quite interested to see what these graphs will look like for the iPhone 6.

We will see how it goes having to power a much bigger screen. In all of the tests and graphs you show......the iphone has the smallest screen of those tested. We will see if a larger screen with a larger battery will still remain current or is it supposed to be better somehow? All things being equal......larger screen larger battery.........battery performance would seem to remain the same.

Yep, definitely a factor. Like you say the larger battery *should* mean at least similar performance. But there are many other things at play too.

Along with the larger battery, smaller SoC process (lowering power draw), iOS 8 efficiencies and other hardware efficiencies. We could see a nice boost. But time will tell.

I guess one would have to consider that those "Android Flagships" do have 5" displays with a much higher pixel count, plus the fact that the two test you posted are rather display heavy, to me it does not look too promising...but I hope that the overall pakage of the 6 will be an improvement for my usage pattern (heavy on calls, messages and e-mail; moderate on web, location and connectivity, light on everything else)

Again, even though i doubt it, I strongly hope that you are right. *keepingfingerscrossed*

Not directed at Keane but more at the general tone of this thread:
Am I the only one who has a feeling that priorities for many posters here change according to apples product/design choices?
I remember when typical battery-life was way better on the iPhone then on any android phone, most made the point they would never switch to a product with such inferior (battery-)performance. Now that the iPhone is falling behind those same people defend a design choice of thinness over enlarged batterycapacity because battery life is good enough...VERY odd.

Granted that my usage pattern already lets me carry around the larges juice-pack whenever I know I won't have the chance to recharge during the day, I do realy care about every last bit of batterylife i can get out of my phone...

BTW...that is one reason why I dislike the idea of lightning headphones/headsets...that port is used many times for recharging (while at the airport and making calls that juice-pack sits in my pocket and is keeping the phone alive...so having the headset connect to a port different from the one used for charging is a great idea...that is also an argument vs. those dreadful headsets for micro-usb that come with some of the android phones)

Ah well, enough ranting for now....maybe I will just have to face the fact that I may have to get another (dumb or long lasting android) phone to cover phonecalls and handle the rest of my workload on the iPhone (hmmm...not a great idea, and would even make the "thinner"-choice even more absurd for me...)

Disclaimer: Your usage pattern may vary greatly from mine, to me a smartphone is mostly a businesstool on the road. I do not claim that my experience is in any way compareable to anyone elses. In this post I am just trying to give some reasons why I would like a similar thick (or maybe even slightly thicker) iPhone with enhanced batterylife much more then a slimmer with equal or less batterylife...

Like you say I hope the battery is better. Looking at Apple's laptops, especially the latest ones, battery performance is pretty impressive (all in a thin design). Hopefully that carries through to the iPhone line too.

I don't think the general tone is too biased either towards or against Apple , scroll down for the most up-voted comments: https://www.macrumors.com/2014/08/06/4-7-iphone-6-2100-mah-battery/. Although you almost always get fanboys either attacking or defending Apple, it's always a shame.

And yeah, I have reservations about the overuse of the Lightening port. If they ever go down that route it's almost make sense to have 2 ports. But can't see that happening if I'm honest.

SHirsch999

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2011
They're using it as a smartphone! We've got a number of mobile users who have iPhones (mostly the iPhone5 with a few iPhone5s) and the number one complaint (infact the only real complaint) is battery life. Most of the people with them tend to find the battery doesn't last beyond 1 day and if it does it would certainly need charging to use it for a second day

Sorry, I'm a bit late to respond to you, but can you define what "using it as a smartphone" means? I use my phone for calls, texting/iMessage, Internet, e-mail, games, work-related things (e-textbooks, important files and documents), even some watching TV. I use it for music sometimes, and use some fitness apps when biking or out walking. I also have some Disney apps since we are going there soon. Yet with all of this my phone still lasts 2 or more days, sometimes 3. Bottom line is, if your phone won't last even 1 day, maybe you need to reassess your usage and put the phone down.

Trapezoid

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2014
Just another piece of unimportant anecdotal evidence. I was at a dinner party tonight with three generations totaling 12 people. I asked who among them would rather have an iPhone with their next purchase that had twice the battery life versus who would rather have one that was a little thinner and all 12 hands went up for the battery life.

Edit: on the way home I talked to an old friend in CA. Asked him the same question. He went on a rant about how he and everyone he knew at his office were talking today about how they needed to get a battery pack.

What exactly happens when all the anecdotal evidence starts to pile up, and only the couple dummies who are able to use their phones (on airplane mode) for 2 days are the ones without large samples of people who agree with them?

I polled twelve people myself the other night and they all raised their hands for thinner.

Of course, I didn't really poll twelve people, but you can see my "evidence"is just as flimsy as yours. Anecdotal evidence doesn't pile up and turn into hard evidence. It remains anecdotal always.

andromeda107

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2014
That is highly subjective. I think that the iPhone 5 already is borderline too thin and flimsy to be comfortable to hold. It definitely is too light when used as a camera. A heavier and sturdier phone is much easier to hold and stabilize.

But, as you said, there is nothing that you can't do with a current iPhone that you could do with a 1 mm thinner iPhone. There are, however, plenty of things that you can't do with the current battery capacity but that you could do if the iPhone had more juice.

Hahaha too flimsy that is hilarious. You should get an 80's cell phone, or put a thick case on your iPhone, specifically a battery case, then all your troubles will be gone!!! Too light when used as a camera? You're just crazy now, sorry but anyone in their right mind wants it to be as light as reasonably possible when holding it to take pictures. A heavier and sturdier phone is much easier to hold and stabilize? That is a comment that shouldn't have been said... First of all the exact opposite is true for stabilization, and the iPhone 5 is FAR from flimsy, it is extremely sturdy. Go try holding and stabilizing a 10lb dumbbell at arms length and pretend you're taking a picture. Yeah I'm sure that's easier for your anterior deltoids to hold than a few grams phone...or is there a cut off point in your ridiculous thoughts? I'm wondering if you didn't buy a Chinese knock off now. You may have been tricked good sir.

Secondly I didn't say that you can't do anything more with a mm thinner. It's conceivable that some people could hold it, and use it more effectively, and reach their thumb further across the screen, especially with the rounding too. Please tell me what you can't do with the current capacity? Some people and for all you know, the absolute vast majority of people can use it all day and still go to bed with battery left.

Again though, if you want to man up, tell us all your settings, that way we can know whether you have a battery issue, if you don't know how to set it up, or if you're just on your phone WAY more than the average person (in which case you don't matter).

Again though, I have a solution for you, it's quite simple. Either buy a sturdy plastic galaxy phone (laughing uncontrollably), or put a thick, heavy BATTERY CASE on your iPhone. This literally makes it sturdier in that it has more material, a lot heavier thus easier to take those great selfies, and it has battery that will last you through that last climatic porn scene.

What was it you said you did with your phone again...like what is it you do with it?

Last edited:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

No. You can do whatever you want to do with the current iPhone, until it dies. You write as though if the battery capacity increases, there are somehow more features of the iPhone that you cannot currently use today on a fully charged iPhone 5S. Obviously, that is untrue. As long as your battery is charged, you can utilize all features. I've yet to own an iPhone that didn't need a mid-day recharge after heavy use. On standby, I can usually make it through to the night, but more often than not, if I don't start an evening out at 100%, I'm dead just before the cab arrives to take my ass home.

As for comfort, I don't find the 5S uncomfortable. It is very light though but that is easily solved with a case, even a thin case adds just enough girth to make it feel better in hand.

MacSince1990

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009
Okay clearly you didn't understand a single thing I said, which is fine, can't expect too much.

Very true.

Going beyond a day is pointless with current tech is what I said. It's laughable that you didn't understand what I meant.

Yeah, if that's what you're saying I still don't get it. If you read what I actually wrote, I mention that I've been stuck unable to charge my phone before when it has died. At one point I really needed the GPS, and only needed it for another half hour or so, and it died. You're telling me another few hours would have been pointless? Your "works for the whole day" theory obviously isn't true, as many people report it not lasting that long.. or even close. And forget about it if you want your iPhone to read to you for more than a few hours... KILLS the battery.

People have different patterns of uses, different actual phones (no, not every iPhone uses parts sourced from the same manufacturer, and even OEMs often uses different parts when needed so battery life won't be the same phone to phone).

"Not to nitpick, but a day is exactly 24 hours. Most people are awake 16-18 hours a day." This alone tells me you are of a child's maturity level... like you didn't know 1 day is referring to 1 day of the average person's smartphone usage, which is no more than 10-12 hours, and likely more around 8-10 hours on average (if that).

Sure, and given that I'm five, I do indeed have the maturity of a child. But that's not the issue here.

Anyhow, the language you used was "exactly one day." You didn't say "exactly one day of full use," or "exactly the average person's full day of use." You said the iPhone battery "has been tested more than you can..." etc., and lasts "exactly one day."

Untrue, of course, and you again ignore usage patterns. I'd also like to see a source that mentions Apple calibrated it "exactly" to last a person's full day. Even if you calibrate it to last precisely one full waking day for the "average user," that still leaves 50% of the iPhone population SOL.

Anyway like I've told others, please post your settings, in fact we need a post your settings thread so we can help the people that have no idea why they have abysmal battery life, and complain constantly about it.

Not sure what you mean by "post my settings," but as I've told you, I keep it on 3G (used to force 2G), leave bluetooth off, location (GPS) services off, have a dim screen, quit apps I'm not using, etc.

Oh wait, that's as much science concerning iPhone battery life as Donald Trump knows about climate change, which is to say..none.

At least we both agree Donald Trump is an idiot.

cameronjpu

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2007
I polled twelve people myself the other night and they all raised their hands for thinner.

Of course, I didn't really poll twelve people, but you can see my "evidence"is just as flimsy as yours. Anecdotal evidence doesn't pile up and turn into hard evidence. It remains anecdotal always.

Impressive cognitive dissonance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.