Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mosser

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2012
Maybe they make standard i7 in 13" line and or 8gb standard? I know wish thinking.

I actually bought the middle model 13" yesterday but haven't opened it yet. So plz come online store

JgrMike

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2014
Hi guys,

I've got an 13" mid-2009 MBP and I was actually planning to replace it with the new upgraded 13" rMBP this fall which isn't going to happen so it seems (Thx Intel).

So should I go for the updated model this fall or wait? I mean, my MBP is still good enough to somehow get make it to the next year. However, opinions are much appreciated :)

phusebox

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2014
Hi guys,

I've got an 13" mid-2009 MBP and I was actually planning to replace it with the new upgraded 13" rMBP this fall which isn't going to happen so it seems (Thx Intel).

So should I go for the updated model this fall or wait? I mean, my MBP is still good enough to somehow get make it to the next year. However, opinions are much appreciated :)

If you really need it, buy now and sell it when the next update arrives. Maybe the broadwell update isn't going to be what it's all hyped up to, nobody really knows.

cn1dlm

Canceled
Oct 17, 2013
Hi guys,

Well, if the machine works and suits your needs, I would say hold off until the new versions with Broadwell processors arrive. However, ultimately that would be your decision on what you think is best for you. What's expected today is a minor update of Haswell processors and RAM.

cn1dlm

Canceled
Oct 17, 2013
Maybe they make standard i7 in 13" line and or 8gb standard? I know wish thinking.

I actually bought the middle model 13" yesterday but haven't opened it yet. So plz come online store

I don't think that will be happening. The Retina 13" models will likely stick to the i5.

urtext

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
The Netherlands
Apple Store is kind of up again!

Same specs as 'leaked' for the higher end 15" model... no price drop though...

15-inch: 2.5GHz
with Retina display
Specifications
2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz
16GB 1600MHz memory
512GB PCIe-based flash storage 1
Intel Iris Pro Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB GDDR5 memory
Built-in battery (8 hours)

bobbytallant

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2010
There looks to be price drops across all models on the UK Apple Store. That coupled with the bumps in spec (particularly RAM upgrades on base models) make this a pretty sweet update for those in the market right now IMO.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
The Apple store is back up in UK, looks like a slight price drop and increase in specs for the MacBook Pro

mosser

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2012
Now the question is take back the one I bought yesterday with 300usd discount and change to new for 200 MHz ?

Benny-

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2009
Berlin
At the moment I have a late 2013 13" 8gb/256gb that's a week old. Torn between swapping it for the equivalent. Or for £194 more with my discount getting the base 15" :S
I travel a lot and 13" is a nice size for airplane travel. Is the iris pro in the 15" any more capable than that in the 13"?

cn1dlm

Canceled
Oct 17, 2013
Now the question is take back the one I bought yesterday with 300usd discount and change to new for 200 MHz ?

If you want, you could. That 200MHz isn't much of a difference in terms of processor speed, however if you bought a model that differs on the RAM as well. I would suggest you return it for a exchange.

HoopyFrood

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2014
Damnit.

Damnit. The Canadian versions just got $50 more expensive, all across the board. I sure hope that's just a glitch, or I'm going to be majorly disappointed.

goldenboy48

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2014
W00T so excited.. was going to buy the $1499 model to get the 8gb ram but the base model has 8gb now! So happy!

phusebox

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2014
Just ordered the base 15" model, with a discount I got for the old models yesterday. All in all pretty happy that I waited long enough.

Will arrive tomorrow.

mosser

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2012
If you want, you could. That 200MHz isn't much of a difference in terms of processor speed, however if you bought a model that differs on the RAM as well. I would suggest you return it for a exchange.

Have the 8gb 256gb but 300usd is also money my biggest concern

Last edited:

Benny-

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2009
Berlin
Just called the Birmingham UK store and they have them in stock. Worth the 30 min visit for the slight cpu bump and price drop.

TSP23

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2014

I am in the same boat - the ram is the same on mine but should I make the 1 hour trip for a 200mhz increase in processor speed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.