Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brian-H

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2022
France
Update. Sorry, spoke too soon.

I realised on closer examination that the only tracks showing in the Devices/iPhone/Music section of the iTunes sidebar were those from the one playlist that was already synced to the phone via its Finder entry (ie, from the Apple Music library). In iTunes there were no Artist/Album/Genres/Playlists tabs to tick or untick.

So I tried quitting iTunes and unticking that playlist in the Music section of the phone's Finder sidebar and applying the change. Then I restarted and launched iTunes again. Now there are no items in Devices/iPhone/Music.

This appears to indicate that Apple Music retains control of the iPhone's music content regardless of what's going on with iTunes.

Koufax32

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2020
Does the tvOS 16.6 update kill Retroactive/iTunes home sharing? Asking because my AppleTV box no longer recognizes my iTunes music and movies libraries, although oddly enough. it streams pictures from Photos as AppleTV screen savers as before. Anyone else notice a problem? Many thanks in advance...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.