Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qu1ckset

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Toronto, Canada
So, i purchased a 256Gb Space Grey Wifi iPad Mini 6, well the device is beautiful, form factor/size is perfect, im just completely underwhelmed for paying pretty much $1000CAD for this thing.. Screen is "ok"... cameras are "ok" , Battery life is "ok"..

Honestly if this thing costed $450-$550CAD as is id of probably of been happy with my purchase, but in no way is this thing worth $1000 to me.. I will just wait till a better version comes out or buy one used in a few months when people sell them for a good price.

i really really really wanted to like it and convince myself to keep it but i cant justify the price for the final product received.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Ya the exchange rate sucks! If the CAD price was the USD it would be a bit easier to swallow lol

Your tax rates are higher, too, I think. Advertised prices in the US don't include tax.

I paid $954USD ($1208CAD) for my iPad mini 6 256GB 5G with AC+ and sales tax. No other accessories. In SoCal and sales tax here is higher than most states (10.25% or $82USD/$104CAD).

Aka757

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2016
Houston
So, i purchased a 256Gb Space Grey Wifi iPad Mini 6, well the device is beautiful, form factor/size is perfect, im just completely underwhelmed for paying pretty much $1000CAD for this thing.. Screen is "ok"... cameras are "ok" , Battery life is "ok"..

Honestly if this thing costed $450-$550CAD as is id of probably of been happy with my purchase, but in no way is this thing worth $1000 to me.. I will just wait till a better version comes out or buy one used in a few months when people sell them for a good price.

i really really really wanted to like it and convince myself to keep it but i cant justify the price for the final product received.
I am disappointed as well. I am going back to the 2018 iPad Pro 11”. 100% agree on the screen, it’s pretty meh. Maybe I got too used to pro-motion without even realizing it.

Sanlitun

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
I bought the base model so $649 and taxes. It is certainly miles better than the old mini but I may return it after evaluating it over the weekend.

The real use case for this seems to be as a notepad with the Apple pencil. It's too small for much else.

As well I feel iPad OS doesn't work well at this size. iMessage is less functional than say on a Pro Max phone.

dizmonk

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2010

I'm returning it as well. Not so much for the issues of price (although it is overpriced) but it's too small. Don't like the form factor. My fingers were constantly blocking the speakers and it's a fingerprint magnet...

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I will be honest. I’m contemplating returning mine purely down to the screen. It is really not good. It seems low res and very very choppy. I’m not even coming from a IPP or anything.
Everything else is great but the screen makes it feel like an old product.

calstanford

Suspended
Nov 25, 2014
Hong Kong
I feel no ways about spending for things I want, literally built a gaming pc through peak pandemic lol

this product is meh for a premium price , even in USD, priced it higher then the mini 5 even for a blah screen and updated looks…

You describe Apple in a nutshell lately. Same can be said about the iPhone 13 Pro Max vs 12 Pro Max. Pro Motion (that only works half the time and is barely noticeable on a 6"-ish screen), bigger, heavier, same processor basically (10% faster lol okay), camera 1/10" bigger (hm yea sure) but same 12MP we've had for almost a decade and the blue color is lighter blue now. Innovation this is not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.