Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
Or maybe YouTubers just don’t know what the hell they’re talking about and want views. They hear something through the grapevine and parrot it endlessly until said rumor basically becomes an expectation, then we end up with resentment and disappointment that the feature never materialized.

iOS 15 isn’t a shiny wow-factor release. It’s more of a bullet point, detail release. It focuses more on the “nice to have” rather than showstopper features.

I’m not all too surprised due to the disruption and chaos the pandemic caused. iOS 16 should be more feature rich.

jk1221

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2021
Leave it to Apple to come out with a LTPO OLED screen and do nothing with it. With their recent track record of doing the least possible with iOS and the iPhone I believe we’ll still be hoping for stuff like AOD when iOS 25 is about to come out.

Would not surprised the least if AOD didnt come anytime soon; it's Apple.

With the crappy iOS 15 reveal, I'm pretty much gonna go back to my tried and true love, the Google Pixel.

As long as there's a Pixel 6 XL coming, and it's supposed to be a high end flagship, I'm probably going back.

Was so excited for iOS 15 after what I thought was coming, but 0% of what I expected is coming, meaning nothing. F crApple.

It sucks, because iOS 13 and especially 14 had great updates and long wanted features added, I was thinking iOS 15 wouid continue that. But this reveal was so lackluster and lame like Apple gave up and did practically nothing for 15.

I have used Android 2 time in my life (not just tinkering but as daily driver)- A Tmobile G2 back in the very early 2010s and a Galaxy S5 for a few months in 2013-2014. Oh and a Kindle Fire sometime in the early 2010s too. iPhones otherwise since the 3GS.

And I am certainly thinking about it. I still have my 11 Pro Max as the 12 wasnt different enough to bother, so Im not stuck with Apple by any means and own no other Apple devices to be stuck in any ecosystem. Google is really pushing Android forward ever year with features. And the Pixels re really starting to look like devices worth buying; it was questionable for the 3 and 4 (not 4a to present).

iOS has gotten boring and it seems Apple seems content resting on their laurels. Look at the iPad, specced to the teeth and added widgets for an M1 and 16gb RAM. It could have been SO good with improvements this year and pro apps; still iOS but WAY more of a 95% of the way computer replacement.

I’m not all too surprised due to the disruption and chaos the pandemic caused. iOS 16 should be more feature rich.

Have you seen Android 12? Google managed a full overhaul during the same COVID times in the same state and restrictions. It wasn't COVID; the blame is fully on Apple here.

jk1221

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2021
Reactions: Tig Bitties

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013
Would not surprised the least if AOD didnt come anytime soon; it's Apple.

I have used Android 2 time in my life (not just tinkering but as daily driver)- A Tmobile G2 back in the very early 2010s and a Galaxy S5 for a few months in 2013-2014. Oh and a Kindle Fire sometime in the early 2010s too. iPhones otherwise since the 3GS.

And I am certainly thinking about it. I still have my 11 Pro Max as the 12 wasnt different enough to bother, so Im not stuck with Apple by any means and own no other Apple devices to be stuck in any ecosystem. Google is really pushing Android forward ever year with features. And the Pixels re really starting to look like devices worth buying; it was questionable for the 3 and 4 (not 4a to present).

iOS has gotten boring and it seems Apple seems content resting on their laurels. Look at the iPad, specced to the teeth and added widgets for an M1 and 16gb RAM. It could have been SO good with improvements this year and pro apps; still iOS but WAY more of a 95% of the way computer replacement.

Have you seen Android 12? Google managed a full overhaul during the same COVID times in the same state and restrictions. It wasn't COVID; the blame is fully on Apple here.
More like chaos specifically from the transition to working from home, but if Google figured it out, then Apple definitely should have. Bureaucracy got in the way.

Generally when Apple gets quiet it means they’re up to something. We saw this with Mac and M series processors. Dead silence and then those came out. That AR project they’re working on is going to go the same way.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

jk1221

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2021
More like chaos specifically from the transition to working from home, but if Google figured it out, then Apple definitely should have. Bureaucracy got in the way.
Well that was more my point. Not what OS is better or not, its not an OS debate at all, but the COVID excuse is just an excuse. If no one did it right then that would be one thing, and ok the pandemic.

Last edited:

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
I’m also disappointed, because both iOS 13 and 14 brought some nice new features and updates, with Dark mode, Widgets on Home Screen, set default apps, the incoming Phone call not hijacking the screen anymore but comes in as a notification banner, etc… Bunch of things I thought iOS very much needed and they’re great that they were finally added.

I was hoping iOS 15 would continue that, adding more new features, per a lot of the rumors that seemed plausible not far fetched stuff. But they added 0, nothing. So I’m a little bummed.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
iOS 15 has been disappointing things I felt it needed to move with the times

interactive widgets
Placing apps anywhere
Scroll to drop down your notifications
Spilt screen for iPhone
Pop up windows for iPad
3 apps side by side for iPad did better multitasking

I don’t think we will see spilt screen coming to iPhone for better Productivity

Apple have caught Up with a lot of android features but still plenty of work to be able to get the complete phone experience

what’s keeping me with my iPhone is the Apple Watch, more optimised apps and Twitter notifications where they come through instantly and get 100 but they stop coming through. All key areas for me

Apple Watch being so amazing is why I will always enjoy the iPhone experience

For the best tech? I will have an android phone. My s21 ultra certainly does more than my iPhone that’s for sure

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.