Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
So let me make sure I have this story straight:

The supposed manufacturer of a yet announced "iWatch" is purported to having production issues with said mythical product. As a result, said device will not release until late this year and not before, if at all, exactly as anyone with a peabrain or larger would expect.

So basically, nothing new to read here and I just wasted 10 minutes of my day. :D (for those living in Snootyville the :D connotates I'm joking so your requiste uppity "we'll, you do know this is a rumor site," etc. not required unless you need to waste 10 min of your day.)

BTW no way in H3LL is an "iWatch" going to debut alongside an all-new iPhone. Apple is going to want equal attention on both products and a month's spacing between them. So stupid even to suggest it as a possibility. (that part is no joke).

EDIT: D'oh see someone just before this post made a similar comment. My apologies -- I wasn't trying to copy you. I guess great minds think alike. :)

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Please, everyone try and understand this one simple point for future ref.

Apple does not want customers to be disappointed.
Apple are not stupid.

If Apple see's across the net, as we are getting close to a Apple Product Launch, that there is widespread STRONG expectation for a product that they are not going to be announcing, for whatever reason.

Apple WILL unofficially leak, using whatever methods they choose to kill/quash expectations BEFORE an Apple product launch event.

As I say, Apple are not stupid, they do not want thousands of people watching and hundreds sitting in front of them, fully expecting something that it not going to be shown.

Sure, some will always hope, but Apple will leak things unofficially to massage expectations.
You would have to be dumb as a company if you did not.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
A lot of people who come to this rumour focused site seem to get pretty annoyed when rumours are posted...

OMG one has to wait for something.

Insane concept and totally irresponsible from Apple.

To not release a product we all have been living without for our entire lives.

Come on ! Where is that ribbon connector?

chrisvanhorn

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Kalamazoo, MI
*APPLE PRODUCT* *DELAYED, PRODUCTION ISSUES*

These stories are such a ****ing joke. They post these for every single release of every single iteration of every single Apple product to ever possibly exist.

elev8d

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2008
I'm probably the only one, but I want the physical size of this thing to be huge and have a ridiculously sized display. It would completely throw everyone for a loop that was trying to make something as close to a normal watch as possible :p

ravenstar

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
Production issues left & right, if all of these rumours were true it would seem like Apple doesn't have a single clue on how to mass produce and flawlessly ship any product.

Or more likely they're pushing new boundaries in manufacturing.

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2012
*APPLE PRODUCT* *DELAYED, PRODUCTION ISSUES*

These stories are such a ****ing joke. They post these for every single release of every single iteration of every single Apple product to ever possibly exist.

Have you not figured this all out. Its all gossip. Gossip doesn't have to be true, its for the attention grabbers.

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin
With all these rumours about delays to several pieces of hardware, Apples self-proclaimed year of innovative products is looking a little threatened

I don't recall any claim to innovative products this year. I believe that what I heard is just that Apple is working on a variety of innovative products this year. Big difference.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002

Apple are not stupid.

If Apple see's across the net, as we are getting close to a Apple Product Launch, that there is widespread STRONG expectation for a product that they are not going to be announcing, for whatever reason.

Apple WILL unofficially leak, using whatever methods they choose to kill/quash expectations BEFORE an Apple product launch event.

It's not really realistic though.

Apple is too big to be able to have full control of consumer expectations. Too many hands are in the pond that don't belong to Apple -- journalist, h8trs, part suppliers, manufacturers, etc. As the cliche goes, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

Here the rumor mill industry can build up a story all year long to the point it becomes "true," even as Apple has never commented on it. The expectation is set. So if Apple doesn't come out with the product consumers are disappointed. If Apple pushes out leaks the product isn't ready or doesn't exist, consumers are disappointed. There is nothing Apple can do positively in this regard.

But that's not what Apple does anyway. Apple does not talk or leak product or non-product info. It's not to its advantage. It dampens excitement either way @ lauch time b/c we've seen the movie before or we know the ending before the premier.

The old Apple TV (real TV ,not a box) is a good recent example. Also an updated AppleTV that was rumored to show up at WWDC, another one.

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo

Apple are not stupid.

As I say, Apple are not stupid, they do not want thousands of people watching and hundreds sitting in front of them, fully expecting something that it not going to be shown.

Sure, some will always hope, but Apple will leak things unofficially to massage expectations.
You would have to be dumb as a company if you did not.

And that is why IMO, Apple had decided to split their stock. Too many rumors getting analysts and consumer hopes up. They will take a beating if nothing great comes out.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
It's not really realistic though.

Apple is too big to be able to have full control of consumer expectations. Too many hands are in the pond that don't belong to Apple -- journalist, h8trs, part suppliers, manufacturers, etc. As the cliche goes, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

Here the rumor mill industry can build up a story all year long to the point it becomes "true," even as Apple has never commented on it. The expectation is set. So if Apple doesn't come out with the product consumers are disappointed. If Apple pushes out leaks the product isn't ready or doesn't exist, consumers are disappointed. There is nothing Apple can do positively in this regard.

But that's not what Apple does anyway. Apple does not talk or leak product or non-product info. It's not to its advantage. It dampens excitement either way @ lauch time b/c we've seen the movie before or we know the ending before the premier.

The old Apple TV (real TV ,not a box) is a good recent example. Also an updated AppleTV that was rumored to show up at WWDC, another one.

You will see, if you watch that certain early exceptions tend to be rumored out when needed, perhaps an analyst comes out with some bad news, or some found documents hints that something may not be coming in the way we were hoping.

Yes, you are 100% correct, the media can get into a frenzy with WILD expectations of what is about to come, and with nothing to counter that, it could almost be seen as a major public expectation, as the renderings, and reports, are all making something that does not exist look real.

I know Apple does not hang all day on the rumor news sites. However, given their workforce, I'm 100% certain there are those who are employed specifically to get a feel for what the general public are expecting from your company.

It would only make sense, given the public nature of your products that you would employ say a couple of people to speak at meetings about what customers are expecting to see from you.

Likewise, if you are detecting an overwhelming expectation, that's going across the net, renderings, people predicting pricing, what model they are going to get and there is a strong expectation, you would have to be pretty stupid to ignore that, and not 'Do something about it, through unofficial channels" before you let everyone down at your launch.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Just because TPK doesn't have blow away earnings doesn't mean the iWatch is delayed
Most Apple products have the same rumor triggered by an unexpected event and yet the products come out in the expected timeframe

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
If real, I believe that the iWatch was never intended to be a 2014 product. Apple has only recently been making new executive level hires from fashion and wearables backgrounds. Plus, we haven't seen ANY leaks. If in pre-production as it would have to be for a Fall launch, there's no way Apple in today's day in age could keep iWatch parts from leaking and completely under wraps. (It was fairly easy in pre-iPhone 2007, but everyone is expecting an iWatch these days and is on the lookout.)

I'm guessing the iWatch, if it's real, would be ready to "announce" at its own special event next Spring/Summer. :)

filmantopia

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2010
I think production issues are what analysts like to report about the most. Because if the product doesn't even come out they can say "They ran into production issues so they didn't announce the unannounced rumor product."

Production issues are to be expected if Apple continues (as they should) to continue product innovation with each new device. Obviously it's worth encountering production issues if that means they'll be the first to deliver a fresh design.

Haven't you ever seen any of Apple's promotional videos for their products? They're always experimenting with new ways to build products that weren't possible with previous methods of production.

Naturally, there will always be "issues".

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Yes they're behind. I got a leaked picture of the mockup to prove that I am right

Best printer ever!!!!

Ok, not quite as good as my last three laser printers (which I always use until the initial cartridges run out, because new cartridges cost twice as much as a new printer), but it was definitely impressive.

lincolntran

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
TPK, a company rumored to exist and rumored to work with rumored US tech company Apple, is alleged to be mentioned--in supposed blog GforGames, according to hints suggested by another possibly-existing web site UDN--as being a rumored supplier for a rumored-to-exist iWatch product (not depicted in these speculative concept images) or some other possible product, whose rumored schedule is rumored to have slipped due to rumored issues with hypothetical flexible displays rumored to use a rumored new touch technology which is speculated to have problems that Apple is rumored to be surprised by, as apparently reported by sources familiar with the potentially real web site MacRumors.

Best comment ever

----------

Hi Craig.

Hi Larry :)

ehmyerson

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2002
Los Angeles
Where're the leaks?

I'm seeing leaks of iPhone 6 phone parts all day long and they are for a product with predictable production schedules, update roadmaps and release periods...

Where are the leaks of iWatch parts such as cases, logic boards, batteries, or even shapes? Isn't Apple releasing this iWatch this Fall? Isn't that the rumor?

Same calendar quarter as the iPhone?

It's all so controlled... Apple allows leaks of what they want us to salivate over and forbids leaks of what they are not yet ready to dangle in front of us...

There are no 'leaks'. There is only Apple playing with us.

Such a load...

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
You will see, if you watch that certain early exceptions tend to be rumored out when needed, perhaps an analyst comes out with some bad news, or some found documents hints that something may not be coming in the way we were hoping.

I understand you are not American so you may not have great insight into U.S. corporate law, but what you are suggesting is patently illegal. I'm not suggesting it doesn't happen, but would be hard pressed to believe a well watched company like Apple would do put itself in such jeopardy. It already saw how the SEC came down on Jobs for his stock option backdating scheme because Apple is a prized big fish to catch.

If Apple tells something to one analyst, it has to make it public for all the world. Off the record remarks to stock analysts are strictly forbidden. If an analyst comes out with rumor its from non-Apple directed sources, which is why they are so often so off base. The analyst's info is not being directed to them by Apple, even indirectly. Again big no-no.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.