Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
lol.... i would of put it better than 'Flat' but ok...

That works too.

Is this some growing trend of Apple ? Or just constant issue, due by constant lay-offs.... (I'm sure that tie's in somewhere)..

I just want Apple NOT have these issues.. ? Whats wrong with them ?

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
I understand you are not American so you may not have great insight into U.S. corporate law, but what you are suggesting is patently illegal. I'm not suggesting it doesn't happen, but would be hard pressed to believe a well watched company like Apple would do put itself in such jeopardy. It already saw how the SEC came down on Jobs for his stock option backdating scheme because Apple is a prized big fish to catch.

If Apple tells something to one analyst, it has to make it public for all the world. Off the record remarks to stock analysts are strictly forbidden. If an analyst comes out with rumor its from non-Apple directed sources, which is why they are so often so off base. The analyst's info is not being directed to them by Apple, even indirectly. Again big no-no.

I guess it depends just how many people at Apple actually know what they are making and anyone could overhear anything at anytime.

Seeing as how the USA and UK are selling arms to dictators. Just not officially or in any way that could be seen, I don't expect a overhearing something would be top of the agenda.
It would be as simple as someone in any country reading something that should not of been left there. Anything

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I understand you are not American so you may not have great insight into U.S. corporate law, but what you are suggesting is patently illegal. I'm not suggesting it doesn't happen, but would be hard pressed to believe a well watched company like Apple would do put itself in such jeopardy. It already saw how the SEC came down on Jobs for his stock option backdating scheme because Apple is a prized big fish to catch.

If Apple tells something to one analyst, it has to make it public for all the world. Off the record remarks to stock analysts are strictly forbidden. If an analyst comes out with rumor its from non-Apple directed sources, which is why they are so often so off base. The analyst's info is not being directed to them by Apple, even indirectly. Again big no-no.

So true. To put it another way, everybody wants to get ahead of the curve, but it's all based on crystal ball gazing and tea leaf reading at this point. One suspected supplier not seeing the volume they expected? Maybe because Apple has more than one. Nobody really knows.

----------

I guess it depends just how many people at Apple actually know what they are making and anyone could overhear anything at anytime.

Secrecy is Apple's religion. How many outside of Apple knew anything of significance about the iPad before it was unveiled? If anyone did, they sure were not saying. Most of the guesses were way off base. Something to keep in mind.

MyDataMyProbs

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2014
With all these rumours about delays to several pieces of hardware, Apples self-proclaimed year of innovative products is looking a little threatened

i said the same thing yesterday. this "pipeline" is looking more like a water hose.. in Egypt.. in 1950... in the summer.

autrefois

macrumors 65816
TPK, a company rumored to exist and rumored to work with rumored US tech company Apple, is alleged to be mentioned--in supposed blog GforGames, according to hints suggested by another possibly-existing web site UDN--as being a rumored supplier for a rumored-to-exist iWatch product (not depicted in these speculative concept images) or some other possible product, whose rumored schedule is rumored to have slipped due to rumored issues with hypothetical flexible displays rumored to use a rumored new touch technology which is speculated to have problems that Apple is rumored to be surprised by, as apparently reported by sources familiar with the potentially real web site MacRumors.

This should win post of the year.

I love MacRumors, but some of these stories are really, really thin. Yes, I know it's a rumors site, but I liked it better when there were fewer, generally more selective reports and rumors. And yes, I know I don't have to read every article. But I used to want to.

groovyd

Suspended
Jun 24, 2013
Atlanta
i just like that apple can insider trade their own stock for the benefit of the shareholders and keep their progress and future portfolio a secret so no one is able to competitively buy and sell their stock better then apple themselves. seems like it should be illegal but instead it is the best time to be a shareholder. :D

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002

Seeing as how the USA and UK are selling arms to dictators. Just not officially or in any way that could be seen, I don't expect a overhearing something would be top of the agenda.
It would be as simple as someone in any country reading something that should not of been left there. Anything

I know you are looking for some sort of conspiracy theory but thats off base. First, the US and UK selling arms to anyone has nothing to do with Apple. It's a poor analogy, but also selling arm is on the public record. When it's covert and contrary to that country's laws it gets the respective leaders and their party and administration on the hot seat.

But back to Apple. If an employee talks out of turn he or she gets demoted or fired. So I doubt too many of them are disclosing Apple projects w/ pals at bars, esp. after the iPhone 4 fiasco. Unlikely too that analysts are stalking Apple employees looking for them to slip up in a drunken moment.

Believe what you want, but at some point you do need to come to grips with reality.

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
i said the same thing yesterday. this "pipeline" is looking more like a water hose.. in Egypt.. in 1950... in the summer.

Yeah! That's why Apple recently spilt its stock. To save face when Wall Street destoys them this Fall for "only" refreshing the Retina MacBook line and launching a supposed larger iPhone 6. And all of this after Apple exec's made news when talking about exciting new categories and products that would be launching soon… smh

SockRolid

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2010
Almost Rock Solid
*APPLE PRODUCT* *DELAYED, PRODUCTION ISSUES*

These stories are such a ****ing joke. They post these for every single release of every single iteration of every single Apple product to ever possibly exist.

Yeah, gotta keep those page hits coming in. Somehow. Anyhow. Even between Apple product announcements and releases. It's hard out here for an Apple blogger.

Let's see now. How many official Apple product announcements and releases are there per year?

1. WWDC (iOS news, OS X news, maybe a hardware announcement)
2. iPhone announcement
3. iPad announcement
4. iPhone release
5. iPad release
6. iOS release
7. OS X release

That's barely 10 days of actual Apple product announcements and product releases per year. (If you count all days of WWDC, which is optimistic in terms of announcements.) Oh sure, iPods get refreshed. Macs get speed-bumped. But there's usually no media event. And once in a great while there's a total refresh of a Mac line (e.g. new Mac Pro) and Apple TV. Almost forgot about Apple TV. Long overdue for a makeover.

So yeah, there will always be plenty of rumors to blog about. To generate those page hits.
Got you to comment. Didn't they?

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
I am very disappointed Apple will be late in releasing something hasn't been announced and may not ever exist.

How can you be late to a non-existant deadline or non existent product release schedule?
It's only late as compared to analysts and the public's wild expectations.

MyDataMyProbs

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2014
Yeah! That's why Apple recently spilt its stock. To save face when Wall Street destoys them this Fall for "only" refreshing the Retina MacBook line and launching a supposed larger iPhone 6. And all of this after Apple exec's made news when talking about exciting new categories and products that would be launching soon… smh

and like i get it. I'm patient and everything, really. but since Tim was just going on and on about how awesome this year is he can't wait to show us this and that apple is doing the best ever............. then W H E R E is it?!

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
and like i get it. I'm patient and everything, really. but since Tim was just going on and on about how awesome this year is he can't wait to show us this and that apple is doing the best ever............. then W H E R E is it?!

Tim MUST have double-, even tripled-down on security, because other than the mock-ups, we haven't seen diddly squat from Foxconn iPhone 6 leaks, iWatch, iTV, etc...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.