Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GLS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
I surely am into Apple Watches, got like 30 og bands 🫣 I bought a S5 ceramic on ebay for 450$, looks like its in mint condition, apart from the battery, which will be another 100$ i think. I‘ll keep you updated - I am very excited to have a completely white work attire🤩

Get the battery (watch, that is) replaced ASAP, assuming it is below the 80% threshold. No one knows when Apple will mark the S5 as obsolete.

HattieGrace

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2017
I am going to sell my series 5, pristine condition, 95% battery. If a collector here is interested, I will entertain fair offers. I hope to maybe get $450 obo.

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
I am going to sell my series 5, pristine condition, 95% battery. If a collector here is interested, I will entertain fair offers. I hope to maybe get $450 obo.

Sent you a PM. Wasn't sure if you had the 40mm or 44mm version.

Floaaa

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2021
Get the battery (watch, that is) replaced ASAP, assuming it is below the 80% threshold. No one knows when Apple will mark the S5 as obsolete.
So i think i got pretty lucky- got an AW 5 Ceramic on ebay in good condition, but the buttons were yellow and dirty and felt used. The battery was also just at 69% (nice). it went for 460€, which was a fair price.

Went to the Apple Store on Saturday to get a battery replacement for 100€, and just 2 days later I got a brand new ceramic AW. all for 560€ - I am so thrilled! 🤩 very very nice from Apple to just swap it🤍

Attachments

• IMG_1421.jpeg
    IMG_1421.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1417.jpeg
    IMG_1417.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1414.jpeg
    IMG_1414.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 61

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
So i think i got pretty lucky- got an AW 5 Ceramic on ebay in good condition, but the buttons were yellow and dirty and felt used. The battery was also just at 69% (nice). it went for 460€, which was a fair price.

Went to the Apple Store on Saturday to get a battery replacement for 100€, and just 2 days later I got a brand new ceramic AW. all for 560€ - I am so thrilled! 🤩 very very nice from Apple to just swap it🤍
Interesting they can still swap it three years after last being sold. Nice!

Reactions: Floaaa

MapleBeercules

Cancelled
Nov 9, 2023
I got barely anything for my S2 white ceramic when the S3 came out. I got barely anything for my S3 gray when the S4 came out. I had to settle for SS resale values with my ceramics.

The way I see it I can get ceramic this year and spend over $800AU (~ $550US) more than the titanium but when it comes to selling it next year I’ll get the same cost for either

I’ve decided to go titanium after seeing more videos of it and putting a bit of that savings towards getting a 512gb pro instead of a 256gb ;-)
I just put my AW2 on a charger stand in my bedroom to act as a alarm clock. Wasnt worth even try to sell it.

MacPoulet

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2012
Canada
I think my post from mid november is the best way to get it. ebay and then swap from apple
Yeah, I think I'll have to play the waiting game. I'm only seeing Series 2 and 3 asking crazy prices (because rare). Would love to find one like you did with a low battery and pay for a swap with Apple.

GLS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
Like I said, more than what they’re going for here when they pop up By about $200.

They will slowly go down, but the numbers are dwindling.

When I got mine off eBay 3 years ago, there were countless S5 44mm ceramic watches for sale. A very quick search on eBay this morning shows none available. That's going to be the problem you face; waiting to find a price you are agreeable with vs anyone having one willing to sell. Those that are willing to sell can charge what they want.

FYI, I paid around $800 for mine. $450 for an S5 in great shape is a steal.

EDIT: I altered the eBay search, and found 1 S5 44mm Ceramic for sale, for $3,000. While that's too high, and I don't believe they are going to get that, that's the market you are in. Those who are willing to sell can do so at any price, because of the rarity of the watches.

Last edited:
Reactions: geekiemac

MacPoulet

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2012
Canada
They will slowly go down, but the numbers are dwindling.

When I got mine off eBay 3 years ago, there were countless S5 44mm ceramic watches for sale. A very quick search on eBay this morning shows none available. That's going to be the problem you face; waiting to find a price you are agreeable with vs anyone having one willing to sell. Those that are willing to sell can charge what they want.

FYI, I paid around $800 for mine. $450 for an S5 in great shape is a steal.

EDIT: I altered the eBay search, and found 1 S5 44mm Ceramic for sale, for $3,000. While that's too high, and I don't believe they are going to get that, that's the market you are in. Those who are willing to sell can do so at any price, because of the rarity of the watches.
Oh I agree. The market is basically deemed by what folk are willing to pay. I have a feeling the Christmas period might be driving up prices, but I'm willing to wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.