Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dor2201

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2015
Israel
Thank you for the replies. Long story short, I do not have applecare+. My watch has a defect on the screen, and it should be covered under the limited warranty. Apple guy lied to me telling me that it is only valid for one year when apple's website states otherwise. (https://www.apple.com/support/products/watch/). A bold face lie! Basically telling me I am SOL. I am calling him out on that issue.

Issue two: He is adamant that extending applecare+ after it is due to expire is IMPOSSIBLE. Hence me reaching out to those users.

I am doing this to attack his credibility, and hopefully get my watch fixed.

Thanks again.
What defect do you have on the screen? Like me?

Attachments

• IMG_5170.jpeg
    IMG_5170.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 186

hotr32

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2009
PA
What @nattK said. Just let it expire. I can’t remember if the option pops on the last day or the next day when it has expired but don’t worry, you have a month to renew it month to month.
That’s correct, my wife’s ceramic apple care expired last November, the next day after the expiration date it asked if we wanted to continue on a monthly basis, which she selected. I’ll try to get pictures later, but it’s till on month to month right now.

scotsmandc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2015
If you never had Applecare+ you wouldn’t be able to add + after your limited 1 year warranty. im confused with your comment. Do you Have warranty or not? If it’s been over a year then Apple guy is right, you don’t have coverage.

Thank you for the replies. Long story short, I do not have applecare+. My watch has a defect on the screen, and it should be covered under the limited warranty. Apple guy lied to me telling me that it is only valid for one year when apple's website states otherwise. (https://www.apple.com/support/products/watch/). A bold face lie! Basically telling me I am SOL. I am calling him out on that issue.

Issue two: He is adamant that extending applecare+ after it is due to expire is IMPOSSIBLE. Hence me reaching out to those users.

I am doing this to attack his credibility, and hopefully get my watch fixed.

Thanks again.

Pstein15

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2015
That’s correct, my wife’s ceramic apple care expired last November, the next day after the expiration date it asked if we wanted to continue on a monthly basis, which she selected. I’ll try to get pictures later, but it’s till on month to month right now.
We added the extended monthly AppleCare to my wife’s Hermes series 5. Two months later, the battery health dropped to 79%. Apple sent me a brand new Hermes series 5. No cost.

Vangeli

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
If you never had Applecare+ you wouldn’t be able to add + after your limited 1 year warranty. im confused with your comment. Do you Have warranty or not? If it’s been over a year then Apple guy is right, you don’t have coverage.

Watch Edition has a two year limited warranty.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Still using everyday my Apple Watch Ceramic, every single day! Battery got replaced a few months ago…but now it’s not great: I got 10% at 7pm. I wear it for sleeping from 11pm to 7am and I use it for a 1h30 walk workout.

I wonder if this is normal behaviour.

Are we getting a new ceramic maybe finally this year? Instant buy, I don’t know why but it goes well with every band!

Reactions: bricktop_at

bricktop_at

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2017
Still using everyday my Apple Watch Ceramic, every single day! Battery got replaced a few months ago…but now it’s not great: I got 10% at 7pm. I wear it for sleeping from 11pm to 7am and I use it for a 1h30 walk workout.

I wonder if this is normal behaviour.
This is normal for S5 watches in general - at least in my own experience with my Ceramic(s) and my SBTi. I guess it‘s because they were the first with AOD and Apple wasn’t able to fully compensate for that.
My Ceramic is still at 100% capacity fortunately, but that’s probably because I only wear it occasionally.

Reactions: gigatoaster

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
Ceramic w/Ultra battery life but keeping the same compact form factor would be amazing. The ceramic watch is such a beautiful yet durable wonder... really hope it comes back again in the future.

Reactions: gigatoaster

hotr32

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2009
PA
This is normal for S5 watches in general - at least in my own experience with my Ceramic(s) and my SBTi. I guess it‘s because they were the first with AOD and Apple wasn’t able to fully compensate for that.
My Ceramic is still at 100% capacity fortunately, but that’s probably because I only wear it occasionally.
I totally agree with this, all the Series 5 Watches with AOD suffer from not so great battery life and battery wear. I love my Ceramic Watch, but I usually reserve it for special occasions, battery life is at 85%, it still last just long enough for a day, but I normally don’t wear it for a day.
Still the most gorgeous Apple Watch to date.

geekiemac

macrumors 65816
Feb 13, 2016
Same experience here as well - battery life is not so great, despite 94% battery health now.
Like many others, I use mine sparingly, sometimes a full day, sometimes only on a special occasion.

Reactions: JiggyJaggy

HattieGrace

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2017
If anyone is looking for a 44mm, I am probably going to sell mine to buy the 8 series for health issues. I have everything it comes with & a copy of receipt. OG owner and battery is 95%. No knicks. I started wearing a diff watch to monitor my heart.

JiggyJaggy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2020
Sad as it is I think I agree with you. Real shame Apple are getting a little boring in their newer model colour choices...

nattK

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
The Upside Down
Still no ceramic this year. I’m afraid we can say farewell forever to this fabulous color. Too bad. 🥺
If anything, I think this confirms that the ceramic model was probably a Jony Ive pet project. Now that he is no longer part of the company, it's unlikely we will see another ceramic model. Producing ceramic is also an energy-intensive process, so I don't think it fits with Apple's carbon-neutral schtick.

AJ44

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2019
Wish I had held onto my S5 even though my S3 White is still going strong.

Can still buy a new S3 Gray Ceramic at Best Buy for half off original price.

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
If anything, I think this confirms that the ceramic model was probably a Jony Ive pet project. Now that he is no longer part of the company, it's unlikely we will see another ceramic model. Producing ceramic is also an energy-intensive process, so I don't think it fits with Apple's carbon-neutral schtick.

I agree with every word here, except "schtick".

GLS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
Love for my S5 Ceramic is still going strong. Every time I wear it (usually a day or two per month) I am awed to find new combinations with bands and watch faces. Despite its screen and big bezels it hasn't aged a bit. Battery is at 95%. What could I wish more.

Mine's at 81%, and my biggest fear is that Apple rules it obsolete before I can get a battery replacement/swap for a different watch.

I know someday the latest watchos will not run on it, and that's fine. I just wish that I could get more than 10 hours out of it when I choose to wear it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.