Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Anyone else who is having this problem: Could you please name your processor? Maybe this is M2-specific? All error reports I've seen so far specifically mention M2...
@glennck @MircoT @howdytom @katbel @polee

I just called AppleSupport. They told me submitting this problem via Feedback - Safari - Apple is the best thing to do...

@bogdanw
Yup, I repaired yesterday via Recovery after Onyx found a minor problem.
Interesting, M2 here as well
but you knew it already, I see 🙂
I tried to install Safari 17.3 on an external disk, got the same error, of course
But everything was left in a folder inside an image disk called
SafariSunburstDVentura617D37a.SafariCryptex
@bogdanw pointed at the script that could be the culprit

I could install everything manually. The only one is Safari that doesn't let me swap with the system one [17.2.1] because it says 'it's invisible'
For now I wait for Apple to fix it sometime

Last edited:

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Solved Safari 17.3: I installed Safari Technology Preview, that one works 🙂
I don't see any difference between the two but maybe someone could tell me if there are

tonmischa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
maybe someone could tell me if there are

"Safari Technology Preview is an experimental version of Apple's Safari browser for macOS aimed at developers. It offers an early look at technologies and features that may be introduced into future versions of Safari.

Apple's aim with Safari Technology Preview is to gather feedback from developers and users on its browser development process. Safari Technology Preview can run side-by-side with the existing Safari browser and while designed for developers, it does not require a developer account to download."

Source: https://www.macrumors.com/guide/safari-technology-preview/ , Emphasis added

Reactions: katbel

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
I keep getting this message when trying to download the Ventura update....

SU error.jpeg

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Ok I selected Ventura 13.6.4 from App Store, which started to download ok.
This is 12GB instead of 1GB.
Will this update my Studio in the same way...?
Usually as in the past, full installers worked better than just a part of the installer as they are in Software update
But it's up to you to decide

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
M2 Studio.
Yeah I read that document, but it should work through SU.....🤨

I will probably just wait till next update.
You shouldn't have any issues then, I have the same M2 Studio and installed perfectly.

• Wow
Reactions: camelia
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.