Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Huh? I bought from my carrier and after 4 months of ownership they won't take it back lol. Nor do they do repairs on site...and nor I expect is there anything wrong with my phone. In-screen fingerprint scanners are new tech and not fully ready for public consumption so far as I'm concerned....
I understand you are from UK or Europe so your rights are quite clear and who is responsible

Your first point of contact is the store you purchased it from

If you do not wish to exercise your rights that's fine but bleating about an issue you can't be bothered to fix is just rhetoric

If they cannot help you etc then you have a case to grind else its just self inflicted griping

Reactions: Healer Flame

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I understand you are from UK or Europe so your rights are quite clear and who is responsible

Your first point of contact is the store you purchased it from

If you do not wish to exercise your rights that's fine but bleating about an issue you can't be bothered to fix is just rhetoric

If they cannot help you etc then you have a case to grind else its just self inflicted griping
This is assuming the unit is defective. You think it is and I think they all are. Hence sending it for a warranty repair would be futile....

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Speak for yourself, my phone works perfectly fine thank you.
I beleve that the sensor suits certain people better. Mine can work well or appallingly badly, it's inconsistent and that might be down to skin oils or dryness. People with prominent prints might experience better consistency?

I think the chances of mine being faulty and the FP sensor on my friend's S20 Ultra also being faulty are pretty slim. He thinks that his FP reader is complete garbage too. Then there are the people on the internet forums who think theirs are garbage as well. The odd person like yourself stating that it's great don't really change my beliefs. Loads of people said that the 1GB of RAM in the iPhone 6 Plus was perfectly sufficient and yet some of us knew it to be a turd of a reload/refresh/freeze machine.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
I beleve that the sensor suits certain people better. Mine can work well or appallingly badly, it's inconsistent and that might be down to skin oils or dryness. People with prominent prints might experience better consistency?

I think the chances of mine being faulty and the FP sensor on my friend's S20 Ultra also being faulty are pretty slim. He thinks that his FP reader is complete garbage too. Then there are the people on the internet forums who think theirs are garbage as well. The odd person like yourself stating that it's great don't really change my beliefs. Loads of people said that the 1GB of RAM in the iPhone 6 Plus was perfectly sufficient and yet some of us knew it to be a turd of a reload/refresh/freeze machine.
So now it only works for the odd person? Ok

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
So what do you want Sunking101?
You have my sympathy for your troubles but you've said your piece a few times now, we get it, maybe it's time to sell your phone and move on, complaining here isn't really helping you or us.

danb1979

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
Preston, Lancs - UK
I have enabled the face recognition which works a good 80% of the time. Ii still need the fingerprint reader for card payments though and it's a monumental pain in the @ss.

Sometimes neither the face recognition nor the fingerprint reader work when I'm trying to unlock the phone and I have to resort to using the PIN code like I'm back in the early 2000s again. To add insult to injury Samsung even make me press 'OK' after typing it when most PIN codes auto-accept if you type the correct one.

You can change that in settings FYI; it'll be in the settings where you set your PIN etc

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Just a random question for Note users (doesn’t even have to be those with a Note 10). Do you find the S-Pen useful? Do you use it daily? The reason I’m thinking of picking up the next Note (20) is because of the S-Pen, I take notes throughout my day.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
Just a random question for Note users (doesn’t even have to be those with a Note 10). Do you find the S-Pen useful? Do you use it daily? The reason I’m thinking of picking up the next Note (20) is because of the S-Pen, I take notes throughout my day.

I got more than i bargained for with the s pen. There is so many things the S pen can do our fingers can't. Check out youtube plenty tips and tricks there.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
This is assuming the unit is defective. You think it is and I think they all are. Hence sending it for a warranty repair would be futile....
The trouble is you assumption is based on minority hearsay that they all are where and it's clearly not true

Take it to the shop and get it checked out and stop this speculation
[automerge]1594305344[/automerge]

Reactions: jamezr

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Sending it back for warranty repair....you might get it back and be surprised.
Heck a ton of people were having the same issues with iPhones a while back and Touch ID. It would not read their FP.....they replaced or had the phone repaired it it did wonders for some.

But if you are not going to take the basis steps to get the issue remediated then you are wasting everyone's time complaining about it.

Reactions: SteveJUAE

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
So what do you want Sunking101?
You have my sympathy for your troubles but you've said your piece a few times now, we get it, maybe it's time to sell your phone and move on, complaining here isn't really helping you or us.
I complained once but people keep quoting me so I feel the need to reply. I don't want or expect anything. I will put up with the Note 10 Plus until upgrade time.
[automerge]1594315638[/automerge]
You can change that in settings FYI; it'll be in the settings where you set your PIN etc
Wicked. Thanks for that. Always found it a pain.

Last edited:

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas

I normally use the S-Pen when I'm off in bed. I definitely use it for camera purposes. And sometimes when I'm in the kitchen... listening to music, I can change tracks with it..

Mellofello808

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010

I use mine all the time. I am always having people relay inform to me over the phone, and I find it easier to jot it down then to type it out.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I use the S-Pen for one thing and one thing only, I find it invaluable for copying (and then pasting) text from within apps and webpages where copy (and paste) is not supported. It's something I do possibly once a week so although I'm not a heavy S-Pen user it is a feature I need. That's why I stuck with the Note line after having the Note 8.

Reactions: Dave245

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I thought Apple pencil had a 100% latency with an Iphone ????

Sorry could not resit :)
If only it had any latency with an iPhone. Apple need to make the Apple Pencil compatible with the iPhone. Maybe in another 5 years. I never thought I’d see widgets on an iPhone. So you can never say never.

Reactions: SteveJUAE

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
My wireless charging stopped working so back to the shop went my Note 10 plus, sigh.

This A30 is okay but the speed difference is mighty.

While I was at the shop, I had a play with the Z Flip, man that felt nice, if I didn't work with abrasives, I'd consider one.

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
This phone is excellent for what you pay. Just get rid of all the apps you don't need and watch the difference. Also don't download big ram hungry apps on this phone, its for light use.

I used smart switch so I basically have a mirror of my Note.
I did the developer animation options for the first time in years ?

I got this phone last year for the missus to replace her (my old) S7 edge, but ended up giving her my old Note 9.

Samsung Pass is great, makes life easier, Smart Switch too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Healer Flame

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I used smart switch so I basically have a mirror of my Note.
I did the developer animation options for the first time in years ?

I got this phone last year for the missis to replace her (my old) S7 edge, but ended up giving her my old Note 9.

Samsung Pass is great, makes life easier, Smart Switch too.
Are the fixing your note?

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019

[automerge]1595411683[/automerge]
Theme fans heaps of beautiful themes on sale from the desigener "aire design" and others
[automerge]1595411782[/automerge]

[automerge]1595411878[/automerge]
These are late purchases but there are much more better themes.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.