Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
Post the euphoria of the "epic" announcement of the latest Samsung flagship (S21 series).. I guess it is about time we start to discuss the next one.. the Samsung Galaxy Note21 series!

Note (no pun intended), there were rumours the Note line was being nixed in favour of the S and Z lines as flagships but Samsung have confirmed they will release new models to the Note series in 2021.

Let the discussions begin..

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Ross Young seems to think we will see just the one model not sure if it will be an update to the note 20 or the ultra.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I hope that we see a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra update. All im asking for is better battery life (than the 20 Ultra) and the updated Exynos. Bring over the colours from the S line as well, but that’s not a deal breaker it would just be nice to have the colour options.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I have just read this, apparently Samsung haven’t made a decision yet on the Note line up. Seems a little late to be unsure doesn’t it? Don’t they have to design and have everything at least in the works by now?

IMG_0610.jpeg

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
Its crazy how, in an industry where leaks and insider knowledge run rampant, there seems to be a lot of conflicting info on if the Note series will happen this year or not. I've heard a lot saying no and even supposedly Samsung employees confirming its cancelled, but then you have leakers and popular reviewers like MKBHD saying they've heard its still happening.

Reactions: Dave245

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Its crazy how, in an industry where leaks and insider knowledge run rampant, there seems to be a lot of conflicting info on if the Note series will happen this year or not. I've heard a lot saying no and even supposedly Samsung employees confirming its cancelled, but then you have leakers and popular reviewers like MKBHD saying they've heard its still happening.
This was what I was thinking, there seems to be so much confusion. Could it be that Samsung are doing it on purpose in order to gage interest/response?

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland

I think ultimately the plan will be to phase out the Note line, maybe not this year but eventually. Why else would you give the S21 Ultra the pen option?

It seems to me that Samsung knows that not all people use the S pen and are prepared to give people the option whether they want to buy it or not.

I could be wrong.

Reactions: ian87w

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
I am hoping there is a Note21 Ultra in the summer.. I feel it is going to be "epic" in the words of Samsung!

I feel it will be an improved S21 Ultra with a boxier frame!

Make it happen Samsung!

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I am hoping there is a Note21 Ultra in the summer.. I feel it is going to be "epic" in the words of Samsung!

I feel it will be an improved S21 Ultra with a boxier frame!

Make it happen Samsung!
When do Samsung usually announce the Note? I’m hoping that we get one!

Ixon2001

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2017
Wigan UK
I don't think the Note 21 Ultra will get the AMD GPU think that be saved for next year's phones, It more likely get both the Snapdragon 888+ & a slightly tweaked Exynos 2100.

I've never been a fan of the S Series of Samsung phone's it's always been the Note's that I've gone for because of the design of the Note just looks so much better.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
I think ultimately the plan will be to phase out the Note line, maybe not this year but eventually. Why else would you give the S21 Ultra the pen option?

It seems to me that Samsung knows that not all people use the S pen and are prepared to give people the option whether they want to buy it or not.

I could be wrong.

I agree. I dont see a reason for the Note line now that the S21 Ultra is S-pen compatible. I get that the Note line has a dedicated group of followers, but thats still a small group to try and justify an entire line of devices.

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
I agree. I dont see a reason for the Note line now that the S21 Ultra is S-pen compatible. I get that the Note line has a dedicated group of followers, but thats still a small group to try and justify an entire line of devices.

I feel like the Ultra should be the model that gets removed from the line up, in fact it shouldn't have been added to the lineup at all imo. It's probably been a major contributor as to why Note sales have dropped. Maybe that was Samsung's plan all along.

I get that if you want the pen you can now buy it as an extra but the storage of said pen on the outside of the phone is a little cheap. The way the current Note line up stores the pen is perfection.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
I feel like the Ultra should be the model that gets removed from the line up, in fact it shouldn't have been added to the lineup at all imo. It's probably been a major contributor as to why Note sales have dropped. Maybe that was Samsung's plan all along.

I get that if you want the pen you can now buy it as an extra but the storage of said pen on the outside of the phone is a little cheap. The way the current Note line up stores the pen is perfection.

I think they added the Ultra to replace the Note. If you can get Spen support to one phone and eliminate and entire line other line of phones, its a huge cost save from an engineer and support standpoint.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
The S21 Ultra doesn’t have all the S Pen and Note features. I don’t think they will remove it from the lineup this year.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Don't forget about the Fold 3
But not everyone wants a foldable, I don’t like the look of Samsung’s foldable’s. If I was going to go that route I would lean more towards the Surface Duo.

Samsung shouldn’t remove the Note series and put the Galaxy Fold 3 in its place, that in my opinion would be a mistake. I certainly wouldn’t buy it, however if they bring out a Note 21, with better battery and a better Exynos chip, I will.

Reactions: sunking101

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I have just looked on Twitter and Ice Universe has indeed hinted at the end of the Note lineup. I don’t know what to do now, I was waiting for the Note 21 :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.