Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I don't want the everyman Galaxy S phones and I want SPen storage inside the device. I am a devoted Note fan and will leave Samsung if they stop making it.
I wonder though, what if they decide to make a Galaxy S phone but with the SPen inside the device? Would that please Note fans? Or it's more about the boxy design?

Reactions: jamesrick80

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
I wonder though, what if they decide to make a Galaxy S phone but with the SPen inside the device? Would that please Note fans? Or it's more about the boxy design?

Boxy ✅
Wider✅
Bigger screen✅
Bit flatter ✅

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Integrated S Pen is essential, also the flat screen. I don’t care if it’s boxy or curved, just need these two things. I’m tired of living with light scratches on my screen bc screen protectors are so difficult with the curved screens on flagship Samsung phones. Also, I absolutely love, love, love the fingerprint on side button on Flip 3 so hope they enable that. I haven’t had a bad read yet. Much prefer to in-screen reader or Face ID.

Reactions: Oohara

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Integrated S Pen is essential, also the flat screen. I don’t care if it’s boxy or curved, just need these two things. I’m tired of living with light scratches on my screen bc screen protectors are so difficult with the curved screens on flagship Samsung phones. Also, I absolutely love, love, love the fingerprint reader button on Flip 3 so I hope they that is also included I haven’t had a bad read yet and I struggle with the in-screen one. Much prefer to in-screen reader or Face ID.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
Not sure if this information should be in this thread. But nevertheless... I thought its Note worthy!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/pt4c3y
I always speculated that the Note would be gone when Samsung allowed SPen support for the S series. And if this news is correct… the Fold might see silo for the SPen as wel.

The Note is slowly devouring its sister S haha....

Reactions: Ludatyk

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
The Note is slowly devouring its sister S haha....
Tbh, it should of been this way couple of years ago. The major differentiator between the S and Note series was the SPen (I'm aware of the boxy design of the Note as well)... now that Samsung might potentially have a silo for the S series. That would be a huge win for Note fans, that way... there will be no complaints. Samsung can consolidate...foldables can officially replace the Note in the fall lineup.

UltraInstinct

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Tbh, it should of been this way couple of years ago. The major differentiator between the S and Note series was the SPen (I'm aware of the boxy design of the Note as well)... now that Samsung might potentially have a silo for the S series. That would be a huge win for Note fans, that way... there will be no complaints. Samsung can consolidate...foldables can officially replace the Note in the fall lineup.
I could see the next phones being S22, S22+ and then the S22 Ultra Note with the S Pen. I don't see all versions having the S Pen.

Reactions: Ludatyk and Cycom

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I’ll be buying this one for sure. Can’t live without an integrated S pen so haven’t upgraded from my Note 20 Ultra. I don’t use it all that often but really enjoy it for certain tasks.

Reactions: Healer Flame

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I’ll be buying this one for sure. Can’t live without an integrated S pen so haven’t upgraded from my Note 20 Ultra. I don’t use it all that often but really enjoy it for certain tasks.
It’s making me excited for the Fold4… if Samsung decides to put a silo in the S22 Ultra, then.. most likely it’s coming to the Fold4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.