Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
How so you think? I think the 10+ is pretty much about as monster as a device can get, maybe an updated CPU, battery and perhaps ram and camera. Incremental upgrade to a monster :)

Also been hearing rumors of the lines merging.
I said the same thing last year and somehow the Note ended up still being an upgrade on the S10 plus. But I agree, at some point if they keep making the S models so good there will be nothing left to justify the Note except for the S pen.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Even though I much prefer a flat screen, as long it's not ridiculously curved, I'll keep buying the S/Note models. Which I'm sure will be the same for a lot of people. So if they're selling well, Samsung will almost certainly continue to favour curved screens.

I know the S10e was flat, just a shame they didn't try out a flat screen for the top model.

Reactions: 5105973

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
20191208_114207.jpg

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
Macro, uwa, zoom, mega pickles for the sake of mega pickles? Honestly can't see a reason for such a high megapixel count especially on a phone other than to say, "look what we did!" And eat storage (to push cloud service...let's see if an SD card slot will be included)

Still, a bit curious to see what this beast is going to be. I'm already teetering on the edge for the note 10+ even though I'm not much of a fan of Samsung.

Reactions: Healer Flame

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019

Macro, uwa, zoom, mega pickles for the sake of mega pickles? Honestly can't see a reason for such a high megapixel count especially on a phone other than to say, "look what we did!"

Yep true but the 5× optical zoom is excellent feature. Also with 108 megapixels you can print large posters without losing quality. Problem is these things are pumping the price of the phones.

As for me i don't think i'll be back to S series in the near future unless my Note 10 damages or lost. Love the phone.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
The larger sensor is more appealing to me than the megapixel count. Still don't see how much 108mp can really benefit a phone camera. The file sizes are pretty big on a Sony A7R iv with it's 64mp.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I have to hold off on the s11+ because the Note 11 will be a monster next year.
Yeah I will hold out for that one, too. If I part with my Note at all. It may be enough that my husband gets the new mega mega pixel camera. I don’t really use my Note 10+ for its camera all that much. My 11 Pro and my Pixel 2 handle photography duties to my satisfaction.

I’m looking to keep my 11 Pro for 2 years or close to 2. I might try to pick up the iPhone 12 when it’s near the end of its cycle and discounted a bit.

I know I’ll still have new phone excitement, same as I always have, so it’s not that I’ve changed, lol. Nah I’m still as nutty as most others here.

But I’m getting into scary territory with elder care medical expenses especially for my mom. We just went through a harrowing situation where insurance would not pick up a very expensive claim for her and it looked for awhile like Medicare wasn’t touching it, either. There was so much back and forth red tape. My dad was amazing handling that paperwork. We went through something similar with my mother-in-law prior to her passing.

It takes a lot of stress off my dad to know if he gets into a bind we can help out with one of these mega bills.

So I want to be less self indulgent and even more strategic with these high cost luxuries than I have been. lol I know it can be done, seeing as how I am using a Pixel 2 and kept my 3XL and didn’t give in to the siren call of the Pixel 4 XL.

The kids are set on appropriate options for the next few years. Anyone who loses their phone to carelessness gets stuck with a well used iPhone SE. 🤣

Due to appalling rudeness and ingratitude, :rolleyes:o_O extended family members, with the exception of my parents or father-in-law, are cut off from the new phone gravy train and even well cared for hand me downs since we now rely on trade in discounts to make these phones more affordable.

To clarify, before I get trolled by some random passerby, neither my husband nor I expect any acknowledgment for gifts. But mercy, don’t get up in front of the entire family from out of town and complain loudly that a phone that was bought new for you is a lousy piece of garbage because you scratched up the screen protector that was also bought and applied for you. Especially if you have a temper and a habit of slamming around everything you own.

And other people who shall not be named should not go up to someone who is actively grieving and upset, notice they have two phones and demand they give one over permanently because “nobody needs two phones and they deserve it because theirs isn’t working right”.

Sigh. There are times when I stop what I’m doing, stare off into the distance, and wonder how a man as intelligent, gracious and considerate as my husband could have such interesting kin. 🤣

Reactions: Healer Flame

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
I say Im not getting the S11 plus, but let’s be honest, if the trade in deals are great during preorder I may. Next to my Pro Max the S10 plus is still the best phone I’ve ever used.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
So where do we draw the line for the price madness of a major flagship phones ?
The more features they put the more they're milking us.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
So where do we draw the line for the price madness of a major flagship phones ?
The more features they put the more they're milking us.
It’s a powerful computer in your hand that also replaces most high end point and shoot cameras and even flashlights. So there is that to consider.

We really should probably be hanging onto these phones 2 years to get the full value of our money. I’m going to see how I feel about that going forward. My husband doesn’t want me buying extended warranties so it’s something I have to consider. I was in the habit of trading in my phones just before the one year warranty was up.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
My husband doesn’t want me buying extended warranties

Extended warranty is one of the biggest legalised scam, never sign for it because you already paying premium price. Your husband is right.

As for the phones i think its good idea to hang on at least for 3-6 years. By the time we reach S & Note15 expect $4000-$5000 price range for the high end flagship.

The good news is plenty mid range phones like A50/70/90 popping up everywhere every month from many companies.

Last edited:

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Man....the S11 is looking to be one heck of an upgrade...
Camera....battery....and the new SD chipset....

Along with the two hands-on images, Ice Universe has also shed some light on the primary 108MP camera sensor that Samsung will be using in its 2020 flagships. The company will apparently use a custom 1/1.3-inch type 108MP sensor, with superior image quality compared to the ISOCELL Bright HMX sensor that is used in the Xiaomi Mi Note 10.
https://www.androidcentral.com/purp...mpaign=Feed:+androidcentral+(Android+Central)

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
It’s a powerful computer in your hand that also replaces most high end point and shoot cameras and even flashlights. So there is that to consider.

I wish more people understood this!

You know how mad I get when people say "it's just a phone", when this is literally the greatest extension of you that exists lol!

Some of my mates buy these phones and do not even insure them because they feel "its just a phone", yet it is such a powerful tool you should be protecting and appreciating.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
Yes phones and their operating system are becoming more and more powerful so protection is vital.

Last edited:

Mellofello808

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
I am totally content with my note 10+ besides the camera. It isn't bad per se, but it isn't too of the line.

If they nail the camera, I am pre-ordering

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.