Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
So I upgraded my EE UK cellular tariff to 5G over the BF weekend and the battery life has been shocking on my Exynos S20+.. literally halved it seems.

Granted I have everyone thing on with 120hz at high performance but I have been using the S20+ like this on 4G since May with good battery life!

Very disappointed!

Last edited:

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
Yeah, last year's Exynos is a definite downgrade on the Snapdragon when it comes to battery and thermal throttling.

Im almost a year into the S20 plus, live in a 5g area, and get roughly 5.5 to 6 hours of SOT a day.

Roadstar

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2006
Vantaa, Finland
Yeah, last year's Exynos is a definite downgrade on the Snapdragon when it comes to battery and thermal throttling.

Im almost a year into the S20 plus, live in a 5g area, and get roughly 5.5 to 6 hours of SOT a day.

The Exynos generation shipped with the S20 series seems really poor in comparison to the Snapdragon versions. That’s exactly why I didn’t go for the S20 series until the FE was released and the 5G version shipped with SD also in Finland. This combined with Notebookcheck’s test results indicating that it’s using PWM only at brightness of 30% or below and DC dimming above that made me get one on a Black Friday sale. Seems good so far.

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
So I have noticed I keep losing RCS ability on Samsung Messages since upgrading to One UI 3 (not beta) two days ago.

It seems the only way to get it working is turning the "Rich Communications" toggle on and off in Samsung Messages settings.

This is really annoying. Anyone else have the same issue?

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Just wanted to ask owners of other Samsung devices if they have experienced any kind of problems/bugs with notifications?

I've got a A72 and sometimes, every two days, a message from WhatsApp won't sound when it arrives but the phone does vibrate. Other times is the other way around.

It should sound and vibrate always every time.

I remember reading about others having issues with notifications in Samsung devices previously.

Anyone here has had this kind of issues?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.