Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
The problem with this test is that it’s on still objects. Most flagship cameras do well in these situations. But most of my pictures on of my kid and he’s never sitting still. In these situations, the Pixel cameras trounce all others in my experience. But I didn’t use the newest Note so I can’t compare. But on my S10 plus it wasn’t close.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
The problem with this test is that it’s on still objects. Most flagship cameras do well in these situations. But most of my pictures on of my kid and he’s never sitting still. In these situations, the Pixel cameras trounce all others in my experience. But I didn’t use the newest Note so I can’t compare. But on my S10 plus it wasn’t close.
yeah it would nice to do a separate test with action shots. Then a separate test of video as well.

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
So i was spot on when i said Note 10 camera is the best in the market.
Thanks Klyster for the video.

Not really. That video is not an exhaustive comparison of the capabilities of each phone's cameras. Essentially, the Note 10 was compared against 4 other phones taking 4 different pictures, one for each stage. It is a little game Marques used to make a fun video, but I don't think you can take away much at all from this bracket based format.

Now I'm not saying the Note 10 does/doesn't have the best camera. Just that this video doesn't prove it to be true.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
It is funny to watch the reactions of people when their phone didn't win. I'll bet their objections would not be voiced if their phone won......
Anyway 6 million people voted for the pictures they thought were the best in that test.
If people disagree...go to Twitter and Instagram and comment on the posting and tell everyone how wrong they were.....

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
No, you weren’t. This was a limited test that doesn’t take into account moving objects, night sight, video, etc. but believe whatever you want.

Yeah, bottom line is I don't think anyone would use this kind of contest to help them decide what product to buy. There are just too many variables that something this limited and simple don't take into account. But it makes for some hearty bragging rights and that is all that matters for some.

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
I dont think the Note 10 has the best camera, it just takes shots that more people voted for, Samsung know what people like in a photo.
Last year the Note 9 got beat by the Pocofone and the P20 won overall.

It's a blind test, it totally subjective, it doesn't mean the winning phone is the best.
But the Note 10 has one of the best cameras among a strong field of competition, who cares, be happy with your phone if you like it.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
Yeah, bottom line is I don't think anyone would use this kind of contest to help them decide what product to buy. There are just too many variables that something this limited and simple don't take into account. But it makes for some hearty bragging rights and that is all that matters for some.

Exactly. It’s a fun thing to do but it’s not a thorough test by any means. Some want to act like a random poll on Twitter was a scientific study. The only thing to take from is that the general public likes their photos more saturated as opposed to more natural. I think most would’ve guessed that. Nothing wrong with it.

Reactions: TopherMan12

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
It is funny to watch the reactions of people when their phone didn't win. I'll bet their objections would not be voiced if their phone wo

?? Lol couldnt have said it better?
[automerge]1576798468[/automerge]
Anyway 6 million people voted for the pictures they thought were the best in that test.

Exactly, what you see is what you get.

Reactions: iSilas and jamezr

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
I dont think the Note 10 has the best camera, it just takes shots that more people voted for, Samsung know what people like in a photo.
Last year the Note 9 got beat by the Pocofone and the P20 won overall.

It's a blind test, it totally subjective, it doesn't mean the winning phone is the best.
But the Note 10 has one of the best cameras among a strong field of competition, who cares, be happy with your phone if you like it.

Exactly. Key point. Not sure why that is controversial to some. Actually.....I think do know why.

Exactly. It’s a fun thing to do but it’s not a thorough test by any means. Some want to act like a random poll on Twitter was a scientific study. The only thing to take from is that the general public likes their photos more saturated as opposed to more natural. I think most would’ve guessed that. Nothing wrong with it.

And to be fair, Marques never billed this as some exhaustive study to find the best camera. He actually calls it an "experiment". I guess we shouldn't be surprised that some take the results as gospel truth.

Reactions: Awesomesince86

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
WOW...so 6 million people picked what was the most appealing pictures to them and it turned out to be the Note 10+. That really does not sit well with some people...brand loyalty is an ugly thing......

No....no one said it was an exhaustive scientific study. Just pick the one you like the most.....
6 million did just that.....
what is so hard for people to grasp? It's funny to watch the reactions.....

Personally I don't care which one won. It will not affect how or which phone I will use.
I use my 11 Pro Max (eliminated the first round) probably more than my Note 10+ and Pixel 4XL. So not touting the Note 10 all that much.
But it is fun to watch the ruffled feathers.....

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Can anyone explain to me why disagreeing with the quoted conclusion below, as a result of the video, is controversial?

Anyone? That is the only opinion being contested from what I can tell.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
Can anyone explain to me why disagreeing with the quoted conclusion below, as a result of the video, is controversial?

Anyone? That is the only opinion being contested from what I can tell.

Why dont you read post #76 how and why clearly explained my reasons when i said Note10 camera is the best in the market.

My brother in law has two latest iphons and he was very impressed with my Note 10 pics.

My niece also bought pixel 4 and she keeps wondering why my pics looked better than hers.

Here are some of the photos....

20191005_094837.jpg 20190912_150540.jpg
20190912_150329.jpg
20190912_150253.jpg

[automerge]1576810531[/automerge]
Anyway, back to the S11, looking to be a beast in the camera department.....

Yep, there is a big noise about this phone's camera and screen size.

> than 6.5 or 6.8 i think its too bulky. Even Note10+ feels bit too big in my pocket so imagine 7.2 or .5.

Last edited:
Reactions: iSilas and jamezr

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Why dont you read post #76 how and why clearly explained my reasons when i said Note10 camera is the best in the market.

My brother in law has two latest iphons and he was very impressed with my Note 10 pics.

My niece also bought pixel 4 and she keeps wondering why my pics looked better than hers.

View attachment 883875 View attachment 883876 View attachment 883877 View attachment 883878

> than 6.5 or 6.8 i think its too bulky. Even Note10+ feels bit too big in my pocket so imagine 7.2 or .5.
Great shots!

Reactions: Healer Flame

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
The rumored camera is going to make it very hard for me to stay away, but I am hoping to stay away as long as I can. I need to keep reminding myself how much I like the Note version, but I am very interested in seeing these rumored improvements. Of course I am, ugh.

Mellofello808

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
I own a note 10+, and I don't think it is the best camera on the market.

This should hopefully shut up people who try to say it is bad, but I prefer the images that come out of my pixel to the note 10+

It is every other element of the phone besides the camera why I run the note 10+.

Reactions: yui4

TopherMan12

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2019
Atlanta, GA

View attachment 883875 View attachment 883876 View attachment 883877 View attachment 883878

Note10's camera is the best in the market. Its a lot better than S8/9/10 & N8/9. The optical zooming works exactly like any DSLR but they need to increase it at least 5× like they doing with S11 (hopefully).

The colour balance of Note10 is perfectly tuned but i am sure it will be wrecked with any next major update.

So "better than S8/9/10 & N8/9"? So what you really mean is you think the Note10 is the best Samsung camera in the market.

Nice pics.

Last edited:

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
To be fair, anyone can take a few decent pics on any number of phones. Posting them online won't convince anyone it's 'the best' camera phone.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Just about any flagship or even many mid ranges can take amazing shots in good light with little to no movement. In these conditions, it's more about the person taking the shot than the hardware. The real reason some are set above the rest is how they handle low light and movement.

I'm sure the S11 series will have a very capable camera.

Reactions: jamezr

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.