Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mellofello808

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2010
Looks like we are about a month out.

Here is hoping there is a good trade in program. I may end up snagging one of the cheap S10s I see on FB to send in.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
6.9 inches for the 20 ultra?

5 x optical zoom and 8K video recording. That’s gonna be too much for me to resist.

I was supposed to be staying away from the rumours but then a video fell into my YouTube feed and I watched it.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Shame the UK doesn't get decent trade in value from Samsung like other regions. Although I'd want a SD import anyway.

Definitely keeping an eye on this for the new camera & cpu tech, as well as the biggest screen yet on a Samsung.

Doubt I'll jump straight in though, I have other av products I want more than a phone.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
I’ll most likely be getting the s20 ultra depending on the price and features. I like my Pro Max but I’ve been wanting to get back on android and frankly Samsung are killing everyone else on android when it comes to flagship devices. The s10 plus is still the best android phones I’ve used.

Reactions: jamezr

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
I fully expect the new Galaxy cameras to take a big leap forward in image quality, especially in distance shots. But I still expect the software processing to lag behind Apple and Google, so moving shots will still have more blur than those devices. I hope I’m wrong though.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
I'm interested in that zoom lens. I think I'll skip the inflated Samsung launch prices, but after the almost inevitable deals start appearing, I'll most likely bite :)
Samsung phones are one of the few that actually make sense to buy at release because their preorder deals are so good.

Reactions: 5105973

Roadstar

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2006
Vantaa, Finland
Samsung phones are one of the few that actually make sense to buy at release because their preorder deals are so good.

Well at least here in Finland the deals aren't often THAT good. We had an offer for a free pair of Galaxy Buds when the S10 series launched, but I got the same buds plus a nice discount when I waited for a couple of months after the release.

However, when I got my Galaxy Watch Active the free wireless charging powerbank was indeed a good preorder deal when considering the relatively inexpensive price of the watch itself.

Reactions: Awesomesince86

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
Well at least here in Finland the deals aren't often THAT good. We had an offer for a free pair of Galaxy Buds when the S10 series launched, but I got the same buds plus a nice discount when I waited for a couple of months after the release.

However, when I got my Galaxy Watch Active the free wireless charging powerbank was indeed a good preorder deal when considering the relatively inexpensive price of the watch itself.
Similar in the uk. Deals at launch are never that great
[automerge]1578259003[/automerge]
6.9 inches for the 20 ultra?

5 x optical zoom and 8K video recording. That’s gonna be too much for me to resist.

I was supposed to be staying away from the rumours but then a video fell into my YouTube feed and I watched it.
I Can’t wait for the note release later in the year now based on s20 range specs!

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016

That’s true, I guess it depends on your country. In the US Samsung for the S10 they gave free Galaxy buds or $100 towards accessories (used mine on a Galaxy Active) but the biggest thing was the trade in value. I bought a used $350 S9 and got max trade in value of $550 towards a S10 plus. plan on doing the same this time around if trade in value is still so good.

Reactions: Roadstar

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
Yeah assuming they follow the pattern of giving $600 credit for last year's flagships and tons of bonuses, I will definitely be buying day one.
Agreed. If I can snag a s10 used for $350 and get a trade in value of roughly $600 plus earbuds or whatever bonus they throw in, then that’s a hell of a deal. Basically dropping the price to $700 or less.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Yep it will be a game changer just with the rumored camera improvements! Then add in all the rest of the features...wow.
There will be a pre-order with my name on it....
I’m not preordering it but will look forward to all the reviews and reactions so I can decide whether or not I’d upgrade my Note 10+. I’m really not feeling inclined, though. I mostly use it for media consumption and emails. I’m probably sticking with it for a full 2. But I’ll keep my options open.

I’m actually more interested in seeing Pixel 5, since I didn’t upgrade this year and am actually using Pixel 2 more than even my very nice 3XL. If Google doesn’t go all out in 2020 I’m giving up on them and sticking with Samsung and Apple. But somehow I think they’re going to bring it this year.

I’m probably sticking with my IPhone 11 Pro for a full 2 as well. I got a battery case for it and a Moment fisheye lens and case for Christmas. I’m not going to be ready to part with it next year, especially since we don’t have 5G anywhere and barely have 4G as it is.

I’m getting near perfect photos on my Samsung and my iPhone. The only complaint about my iPhone camera is it can be slow to operate in low light and it sometimes freezes up. I don’t know if that is due to insufficient RAM or what. Thank goodness Samsung has been generous with RAM. Google and Apple need to step up more in that regard.

But my results overall have been great so the drive to upgrade isn’t super strong this year. I’m also balancing that against my stronger desire to fix and upgrade some things around the house. There’s a lot of water damage from different leaks all over the house that we have put off getting fixed due to all the family illnesses last year. I want to get it done this year. The money is there but I want to spend wisely.

Reactions: jamezr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.