Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
am totally content with my note 10+ besides the camera

Note10's camera is the best in the market. Its a lot better than S8/9/10 & N8/9. The optical zooming works exactly like any DSLR but they need to increase it at least 5× like they doing with S11 (hopefully).

The colour balance of Note10 is perfectly tuned but i am sure it will be wrecked with any next major update.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Note10's camera is the best in the market. Its a lot better than S8/9/10 & N8/9. The optical zooming works exactly like any DSLR but they need to increase it at least 5× like they doing with S11 (hopefully).

The colour balance of Note10 is perfectly tuned but i am sure it will be wrecked with any next major update.
Each to their own I suppose but Samsung have always struggled with skin tones.

Healer Flame

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2019
Each to their own I suppose but Samsung have always struggled with skin tones.

I agree except for Note10. Sometimes at home or outdoors i take pics with my s9+ & N10+ exactly with the same settings and i compare both pics with the real object (target).

The colour match and picture quality of the Note10 is more natural, realistic and beautiful to look at, where as s9's looks a bit oversaturated, vivid and less natural.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
This is all subjective.....I have taken pics where the Note clearly wins versus the Pixel and iPhone....then have seen the opposite as well. All 3 phones shine in certain elements.
Sure, you can say that for almost any device. But the general consensus is Pixels and iPhones take the best pictures. That’s all I’m saying. So when someone says the Note 10 camera is the best on the market, I think most would disagree.

Reactions: co.ag.2005

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Sure, you can say that for almost any device. But the general consensus is Pixels and iPhones take the best pictures. That’s all I’m saying. So when someone says the Note 10 camera is the best on the market, I think most would disagree.
All I'm saying is I take pictures with all 3 phones and do not see where one is head and shoulders above the rest. But for video...now the 11 pro max IS head and shoulders above the rest.

Reactions: 5105973

Mellofello808

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
All I'm saying is I take pictures with all 3 phones and do not see where one is head and shoulders above the rest. But for video...now the 11 pro max IS head and shoulders above the rest.
I was out on the town this past Saturday. My GF is using my pixel 3aXL and I have my note 10+.

Side by side in a dark bar lit mostly by Xmas lights, the pixel really is on a whole different level. It managed to really produce crisp, and sharp pictures with the light available, vs the blotchy paintings that my note 10 was putting out.

Note 10 certainly isn't a bad camera, but there is room for improvement.

Reactions: jamezr

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I was out on the town this past Saturday. My GF is using my pixel 3aXL and I have my note 10+.

Side by side in a dark bar lit mostly by Xmas lights, the pixel really is on a whole different level. It managed to really produce crisp, and sharp pictures with the light available, vs the blotchy paintings that my note 10 was putting out.

Note 10 certainly isn't a bad camera, but there is room for improvement.
I have no doubt that happened and was your experience. I agree the Note 10+ camera could sue improvement...noticeably with moving targets.
I have had similar experiences with my P4XL taking a better picture...only to have the opposite happen and the N10+ or 11 pro max take a better picture.

All i am saying is...I have all 3 phones..... I have had the same experience you described with all 3 phones.
Where one takes a better picture than the other in some instance. They are all so close in picture quality that i don't see a clear head and shoulder winner.

Reactions: Healer Flame

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I am actually very taken with all the abilities of the Note 10+, camera included. Where I run into trouble, currently, is always having it on me because it’s so expansive. I admit I adjusted too well to carrying the smaller 11 Pro and my Pixel 2.

But I want and need the size of the Note 10+ for the purpose for which I bought it, namely a desktop computer in my hands and a hell of a portable entertainment center. Dang this thing is sweet for that! I’m so spoiled by the S Pen that when I’m in a situation where I have to sign with a finger, like at a doctor’s office today, I wanted to reach for the S Pen.

It does still provide the best stereo sound on video recording.

2019 turned out to be a really nice year for smartphones. I’m as happy and contented as I ever could have hoped to be. I did sit out the Pixel 4’s but I’ve really enjoyed the features Google allowed to go to older models.

I know I haven’t posted much lately, but I’ve been busy living life and contented like I haven’t been in years with the phones I was so incredibly fortunate to acquire to this date.

I’m very excited to see what 2020 holds! I don’t know if I will be buying or not, but of course I will enjoy the banter here!

Mellofello808

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
Pixel fan bashing a Samsung phone :) . Without any proof your story is pointless.
[automerge]1576098672[/automerge]
https://www.cnet.com/reviews/galaxy...ttery-life-raise-new-phone-to-the-top-review/

Not a bad score from cnet.
I am far from a pixel fan. I just last week deterred my friend and his wife from buying the Pixel 4, and into buying 2 note 10+ instead. If anything I am a Samsung fanboy.

However I used a pixel for about four months this year, including a month in Japan with it in my pocket next to a S10+, and it takes CONSISTENTLY better pictures than what the current Samsung phones output.

Period.

It isn't up for debate.

Nearly every picture you shoot with a pixel will turn out some level of good to excellent, where Samsung phones still shoot potato pictures from time to time.

However the note 10+ does everything else so much better than the pixel, and I love the ultrawide camera. Which is why it earned a spot in my pocket.

I thought I would be with this note 10+ for a while but a huge jump in sensor size, and a 5x zoom means that a s11+ is in my future.

Plus TMobile 5g is active in my area, and it will nice to be one of the few people on the network for a while.

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
Even though the Note 11 will, in my opinion, be the phone to beat in 2020...I will get the s11 plus if the rumors all are true and the cameras get good early reviews. If it has a 120hz screen, 5000mah battery, high mp camera with 5x zoom and the computational side has improved then I don’t see how it’s not a monster. The S10 plus is still the best android device I’ve ever used top to bottom. A weak camera was the only thing that held it back.

Reactions: LIVEFRMNYC

Mellofello808

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
Even though the Note 11 will, in my opinion, be the phone to beat in 2020...I will get the s11 plus if the rumors all are true and the cameras get good early reviews. If it has a 120hz screen, 5000mah battery, high mp camera with 5x zoom and the computational side has improved then I don’t see how it’s not a monster. The S10 plus is still the best android device I’ve ever used top to bottom. A weak camera was the only thing that held it back.
I think I may skip the note 11 next year.

In retrospect I actually preferred the more rounded corners of my s10+, to my N10+.

I don't regret it, due to.the advancements the N10+ gives (especially fast charging), but all things being equal I liked the S10 better ergonomically.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009

Yea, the S11 is going to be hard to pass up on.

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2019
lol, 6 million votes.

Interesting results.

Bottom line, this was a blind test, so there's no arguing about fanboy results from any of us. That means, while photography snobs and wannabe photographers continue to blabber on about more accurate/natural colours from other OEMs, Samsung tweaks their pics with an ever so slight pop, which most consider a better pic. It is what it is.

I also would like to add, all flagships take pics that are more than acceptable. I personally would not consider one camera, so much better than the others where it's even worth mentioning. Sammy's next camera should change this. Can't wait.

Last edited:

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Bottom line, this was a blind test, so there's no arguing about fanboy results from any of us. That means, while photography snobs and wannabe photographers continue to blabber on about more accurate/natural colours from other OEMs, Samsung tweaks their pics with an ever so slight pop, which most consider a better pic. It is what it is.

I also would like to add, all flagships take pics that are more than acceptable. I personally would not consider one camera, so much better than the others where it's even worth mentioning. Sammy's next camera should change this. Can't wait.
Exactly..... 6 million people chose what they thought looked best to them.......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.