Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I’ve added the Z Flip 3 to my arsenal. It’s really a nice phone. The flip factor is fun and it’s a joy to carry around. Also, the camera is fine. Battery is not as good as my Fold 3 but it’s fine.
Plus one for battery complaint.
But the phone itself is so cool. I love mine.
I fully expected to get a 13 Pro and get rid of the Flip but I like it too much. And the 13 isn’t an upgrade enough over the 12.

Battery has been a bit rubbish as you say but I like the camera. It’s pretty good aside from moving subjects.
I can’t see me keeping hold of it when the pixel comes out though.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
Plus one for battery complaint.
But the phone itself is so cool. I love mine.
I fully expected to get a 13 Pro and get rid of the Flip but I like it too much. And the 13 isn’t an upgrade enough over the 12.

Battery has been a bit rubbish as you say but I like the camera. It’s pretty good aside from moving subjects.
I can’t see me keeping hold of it when the pixel comes out though.
I'll be keeping my Flip 3 (I got a great deal on it), but I won't be getting the Pixel 6. I have enough phones. However, the Pixel 6 looks like it will be a big hit.

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2019
Yup, definitely not an all day battery, so for people using one phone, a top up, will be necessary at some point in the day. Personally, I'm good with that. Regardless of battery performance, I'm always juicing my phones throughout the day anyway. If I'm at my desk, it's on a wireless charger, if I'm in the car, it's plugged in, so battery was/is never an issue for me, for any phone. That being said, bigger battery is always welcome, but not at the cost of the phone getting too big/heavy. This phone is so compact, they have some wiggle room to increase the size, and still be a compact and convenient size. The other reason battery is not an issue for me, I use two phones anyway. I kept my Note 10+, and it's been delegated strictly for media consumption while at home, and the Flip 3 is used for everything else (messaging, emailing, calls, music, etc). When I'm out, it's only the Flip 3.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Yup, definitely not an all day battery, so for people using one phone, a top up, will be necessary at some point in the day. Personally, I'm good with that. Regardless of battery performance, I'm always juicing my phones throughout the day anyway. If I'm at my desk, it's on a wireless charger, if I'm in the car, it's plugged in, so battery was/is never an issue for me, for any phone. That being said, bigger battery is always welcome, but not at the cost of the phone getting too big/heavy. This phone is so compact, they have some wiggle room to increase the size, and still be a compact and convenient size. The other reason battery is not an issue for me, I use two phones anyway. I kept my Note 10+, and it's been delegated strictly for media consumption while at home, and the Flip 3 is used for everything else (messaging, emailing, calls, music, etc). When I'm out, it's only the Flip 3.
+1 for battery complaints. It's not horrible but it's definitely not good, either. I like your attitude about being willing to top up during the day, and I share the same thoughts. I do wish that we had more than 15W charging. It's ... slow.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Definitely top off around afternoon on my busy days... Days like yesterday I'm on the go and shopping it's not needed make it easily to the evening.. Pleasure to carry it around with ease in and out for quick usage.. Plus I have wireless charging in car this one fits easily although not the fastest...

Reactions: rhinosrcool

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
Thanks all.

I ordered the Spigen Thinfit as a starting point. Usually my go are the Spigen Thinfit series for phone cases but that price for this specific Spigen?! Ouch!

Anyway, the offer was too good to pass here from Very UK. RRP £949, less 10% off promo and £250 minimum for an iPhone SE 2016. Brings the price down to nearly £600 and that’s before the free Galaxy Watch 4.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I'm naked as the day God made it.
Apart from the back. I have a tempered glass back protector so I feel comfortable putting the phone down on a surface like desk, bed side table etc. The glass is already pretty beat up but the back of the phone is all pretty much covered with it so is taking the hit!

I wanted a case but could never find a nice one. The leather looks too bulky and the clear ones are ok but I can see me getting annoyed with them!

l0gan5

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
Cambridge. UK
I'm naked as the day God made it.
Apart from the back. I have a tempered glass back protector so I feel comfortable putting the phone down on a surface like desk, bed side table etc. The glass is already pretty beat up but the back of the phone is all pretty much covered with it so is taking the hit!

I wanted a case but could never find a nice one. The leather looks too bulky and the clear ones are ok but I can see me getting annoyed with them!

Aramid is my preference.

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I got the Samsung leather case and the silicone ring one as freebies with my Flip3 order. I really like the silicone one with the ring. Nice and grippy, the ring comes in handy, it’s not too bulky, and it slides easily enough in and out of pocket. Just ordered the clear Samsung case to try but it has mixed reviews online. Just want l to be able to see my lavender phone and still searching for the perfect non-bulky clear case.

Reactions: rhinosrcool

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
I ordered my wife a cream F3 with a lavender silicone case in UK and she has a lavender F3 waiting in Malaysia with a clear case so she can choose which one to use daily and the other as a spare

I expect she will want me to cut of the ring off but really she wanted the same shiny purple of her original F1 that we will gift to her mother once we are back in UK from our Rome trip :)

I have to wait 6 weeks to get my Fold 3 that's sitting in Malaysia :(

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
First impressions are very good.. build quality seems top notch.
I love the thin width of this phone.
Only feel the crease but visually not really noticed it.

Reactions: Cycom

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Just got the update with September security patch unlock the US version
Thanks! The update on mine was 692 MB, which feels big for only security updates. Are the security updates usually this big or did Samsung throw a few other things in this update? (Sorry for the dumb question, this is my first Android phone in a few years)

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Thanks! The update on mine was 692 MB, which feels big for only security updates. Are the security updates usually this big or did Samsung throw a few other things in this update? (Sorry for the dumb question, this is my first Android phone in a few years)

No worries at all …this one did seem kinda big to me too although I didn’t find any information on what got updated …

Reactions: three

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2019
My update was almost 733MB. I think one feature I didn't notice before this update, is secure wifi. Basically free 250MB/mth of VPN service on wifi. Good for any time your on public wifi. I don't use public wifi, I got more than enough mobile data for my use. I also use Express VPN anyway. But a good service for anyone else that can use it.

Aneres11

macrumors 601
Oct 2, 2011
I know I’ve said this before, but I really love this phone.
I didn’t expect to like it as much as I do, as my original Flip (whilst really cool) became a bit tiresome after i used it for a week or two. It’s been over a month with the Flip 3 now and it literally does everything that I need a phone to do but it also includes the fact that it folds shut into a pocketable and very cool design.

I really want a Pixel 6 Pro, and can’t afford to run two phones so will end up making a call on it when we get more Pixel info. The sensible thing would be to keep the Flip until the Pixel gets a price drop (if that even happens) but I know that I will get caught up in the hype and want one for launch.

I almost wish that this phone came out in the Spring, as I’d still have it now as nothing else has piqued my interest since.

The only complaint I have is the battery life. Which I won’t dwell on as we all know the drill with that now. But yeah. I think this is quickly becoming one of my favourite devices!

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I know I’ve said this before, but I really love this phone.
I didn’t expect to like it as much as I do, as my original Flip (whilst really cool) became a bit tiresome after i used it for a week or two. It’s been over a month with the Flip 3 now and it literally does everything that I need a phone to do but it also includes the fact that it folds shut into a pocketable and very cool design.

I really want a Pixel 6 Pro, and can’t afford to run two phones so will end up making a call on it when we get more Pixel info. The sensible thing would be to keep the Flip until the Pixel gets a price drop (if that even happens) but I know that I will get caught up in the hype and want one for launch.

I almost wish that this phone came out in the Spring, as I’d still have it now as nothing else has piqued my interest since.

The only complaint I have is the battery life. Which I won’t dwell on as we all know the drill with that now. But yeah. I think this is quickly becoming one of my favourite devices!
I'm keeping an eye on that Pixel 6 Pro as well... but tbh I don't know about me wanting to carry a slab again... If I jump aboard the Pixel train one of the Folds will have to go and I can't see me parting ways... Haha
Fold 3 is a joy to use and I'm so into this foldable.. And this one compliments it well for swapping on days... I've been using this one exclusively to break in and very happy with everything I've thrown at it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.