Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019
Thought I'd create a separate Flip4 thread, as I didn't want to create clutter in the Fold4 thread.

So for those that choose to get the Flip4, it seems there's good news on the battery life. I think the improvements to battery as the biggest reason anyone would or should upgrade from the Flip3.

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019
Here's a battery life test. The new Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 chip is extremely efficient. The Flip4 with the smallest battery, did amazing against the others with much bigger batteries. The Fold4 also did amazing with battery, considering the screen size. All in all, Flip4 and Fold4 owners should be good for a full day of use.

Last edited:

TechRunner

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2016
SW Florida, US
I’m glad to see this, though I typically have no trouble getting through a day-plus given my uses. Still, I’ll never say “no thank you” to better battery life!

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I love my Flip 3 as a backup device - it doesn’t get heavy rotation so I wasn’t considering upgrading until I heard about the insane US $900 trade-in offer for pre-orders. I’m receiving 256 Flip4, Watch 5 44M, and Buds Pro2, plus free Samsung silicone ring case, all for $256 (tax included) 😲 for trade-in of my Flip 3. Looking forward to subtle improvements and better battery life. My Flip 3 has been a great phone.

Phone and buds arrive today, watch tomorrow. Can’t wait!

TechRunner

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2016
SW Florida, US
I love my Flip 3 as a backup device - it doesn’t get heavy rotation so I wasn’t considering upgrading until I heard about the insane US $900 trade-in offer for pre-orders. I’m receiving 256 Flip4, Watch 5 44M, and Buds Pro2, plus free Samsung silicone ring case, all for $256 (tax included) 😲 for trade-in of my Flip 3. Looking forward to subtle improvements and better battery life. My Flip 3 has been a great phone.

Phone and buds arrive today, watch tomorrow. Can’t wait!
Wow, that's a great deal! I'm currently sitting at my desk by the window watching for FedEx to drop off my Flip 4. Can't wait!

Reactions: SteveJUAE

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Played around with a z-flip 4 today. Was the series always this solid? I was tempted to dump my iPhone and pre-order one on the spot.
Yeah, only major drawback in the series was the battery life.. which reviewers have suggested that Samsung has improved on that with the Flip 4.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I will most likely see mine in mid to late Sept ...red white with black sides and scooped up the buds along with the free case ...

Reactions: TechRunner

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Nice! I considered a Bespoke version, but was too impatient to wait haha. Got mine yesterday, and am busy setting it up now...
Awesome congratulations.. I originally ordered the blue but then it had pick up at Best buy and I canceled the order and decided to go custom and just wait it out LOL what color did you go with?

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
Mine came in yesterday, nice job Samsung; black version 256gb, will setup and open later this weekend.
20220824_173633.jpg

Last edited:

Orangeman13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2015
For those of you who have had the three was there ever an issue with the screen protector coming off at the hinge area or anywhere else?

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
Yes my wife's screen protector bubbled slightly at the hinge/crease after 10 months but no issues Samsung just replaced it

I do not see this as an issue as it is a bundled accessory where most other OEM's charge you for this and after all it is expendable :)

Reactions: koigirl

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Anyone besides me going caseless? I just can't bring myself to hide such a beautifully engineered device.
I plan on going caseless except when I go to the gym I will slap on either the clear case or the freebie that came with the order., First I want to see how slippery the phone feels if not slick wraps makes naked skin that I've used on previous phone that helped a little bit with the grip

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019
Anyone besides me going caseless? I just can't bring myself to hide such a beautifully engineered device.

Honestly, with the Flip, caseless is the only way to go. First day I got my Flip 3, I put on the clear case, then the leather case, both from Samsung. After a week or so, I decided this phone is just too nice to hide in a case. Still waiting for my bespoke Flip4. Expected the delay since it's custom. My bora purple one arrived early though.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Honestly, with the Flip, caseless is the only way to go. First day I got my Flip 3, I put on the clear case, then the leather case, both from Samsung. After a week or so, I decided this phone is just too nice to hide in a case. Still waiting for my bespoke Flip4. Expected the delay since it's custom. My bora purple one arrived early though.
What color did you go with for the custom?

Orangeman13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2015
I would love to get one of these phones but I’ve already invested in a MacBook Pro and I feel like it would obviously not work as well in my ecosystem. Also I don’t wanna deal with a headache of the screen protector bubbling or peeling. But I have to admit that the idea of a flip phone is very tempting

aggie99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2016
Dallas, TX
I would love to get one of these phones but I’ve already invested in a MacBook Pro and I feel like it would obviously not work as well in my ecosystem. Also I don’t wanna deal with a headache of the screen protector bubbling or peeling. But I have to admit that the idea of a flip phone is very tempting
It's funny I used switching away from my 13PM and trying to use the Fold4 full time on both my personal and work line as an excuse to buy a Midnight M2 MacBook Air 🤣 I can now get iMessage on all my Android devices by running Airmessage on my MacBook and I got to get a computer I was really geeking out over.

I've had all the Fold devices and the only one I had an issue with the screen protector peeling on was the ZF2. Supposedly you get one free replacement? I could be mistaken. Also on the Z Fold4 and Flip4 it's supposed to be improved and not bubble up as much. Remains to be seen but I'm not too worried about it.

Reactions: Orangeman13
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.