Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

forrest368

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
hey, I'm waiting in line at the Apple store in Columbia Maryland right now in a line that's about 50 people long and wanted to know what other stores are like today- Saturday. Post where you are now or where you've been and what the line situation is.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
hey, I'm waiting in line at the Apple store in Columbia Maryland right now in a line that's about 50 people long and wanted to know what other stores are like today- Saturday. Post where you are now or where you've been and what the line situation is.

Hope they got their stuff together today. I was ~50 people back yesterday at opening (at that store). Didn't get into the store until 11:00, didn't get out the door with a phone until after 1:00. That store was ridiculous yesterday. Everyone was confused, lol. Good luck.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008

wow, odds of finding what i wanted to! Im thinking about going to towson,

can you give me a line update in about an hour there? Im not leaving until later cause i just woke up. Is the mail open for you guys to wait in line inside???

Pedromiguel20

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2008
I will probably go to Paramus NJ at 10:00 and if there's no more than 100, i'll stay. I'll keep up to date. I think that the apple store stocks are very very healthy.

=> engadget had a line update for amost every apple store [very useful]

doug0365

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2008
I'm here right now in the apple store in south Miami and there are easily over 50 people in front of me already and that's coming an hour early. I got my wife a phone yesterday now its my turn :) although yesterday I went to at&t store

evilyankeefan

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

Fair oaks va has about 75 in line. Was hoping for a 8am open but it looks like 10am. Bummer

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
yea id like to know how fast the line goes today. if it moves much quicker than yesterday, i may actually go.

if not, im not spending 2 hrs in line for a phone i can get later in the week.

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
Bridgewater NJ

In line at 7:45AM About 45 people then. Store not yet open. Decided my time was worth more. Did some other errands in the mall, stopped by just now, line about 100 deep, probably not all buying phones.

Line at ATT store about 20 deep , but they are sold out, so probably just activation woes.

I got version 1 so I will wait until next week when it calms down a tad.

forrest368

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
wow, odds of finding what i wanted to! Im thinking about going to towson,

can you give me a line update in about an hour there? Im not leaving until later cause i just woke up. Is the mail open for you guys to wait in line inside???

well I got here at 7:15 and I have about 25 people in front of me. They open at 9. An employee came out and told us that they have very few 8GB and only white 16GB but that he's expecting a shipment between 9 and 12... So I'm waiting! I came yesterday and couldn't wait in the line cuz it was wayyyy too long so I have to get it today!

Pedromiguel20

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2008
In line at 7:45AM About 45 people then. Store not yet open. Decided my time was worth more. Did some other errands in the mall, stopped by just now, line about 100 deep, probably not all buying phones.

Line at ATT store about 20 deep , but they are sold out, so probably just activation woes.

I got version 1 so I will wait until next week when it calms down a tad.

Have you ever gone to Paramus NJ ? Would you suspect that Bridgewater is more busier than Paramus? If the stores not even open and doesn't have black 16 gig for sale i think it's going to be as bad as yesterday as in 100 ppl are staying for a shipment between 9 and 12 !

lakaiordie

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2008
I'm here right now in the apple store in south Miami and there are easily over 50 people in front of me already and that's coming an hour early. I got my wife a phone yesterday now its my turn :) although yesterday I went to at&t store

i went there yesterday to buy a case for my new iphone around 5ish. had to wait in a different line for like 10minutes just to get inside.

the line for iphones had to have over 200 people waiting. line was long as hell. im lucky i only had to wait in a line of about 85 people at the at&t store yesterday.

forrest368

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Update: they told the last 30 or so people that they could not guarantee availibility and they started to move the line BUT VERY SLOW... Like 2 at a time! I'm waiting anyway though. Since I want the 16GB I'm just going to wait and when I get to the front, let those who are getting the 8GB go in front of me.

forrest368

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
what really pisses me off is the online availability checker said they had stock in all models! What's up with that?!?!? So don't trust that, call the store first!

forrest368

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
well one of the employees came out to hand out the "get ready for iPhone 3G" brochure and said they DO have 16GB black!!!

chrisgeleven

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2002
Question, I am going to port my phone # from Verizon to AT&T. What password or PIN are they talking about needing? My voicemail PIN? My online account password for Verizon's site?

Poeticashes

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2008

Was the first person in line at the Columbia store yesterday and it was a mess. Good luck!!!!!

JPark

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2006
Phoenix, AZ (Biltmore)

Neither of the 2 closer stores is reported as having the 16GB in black, so here I am at the Biltmore store. (Never been here before. Nice place.) I showed up at 6:35 and was 4th in line. Hopefully they have more than 3 in black. :)

ckbook

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2007
Got my phone already today. Millinia Mall Orlando. Probably 100-150 deep right now.

forrest368

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Question, I am going to port my phone # from Verizon to AT&T. What password or PIN are they talking about needing? My voicemail PIN? My online account password for Verizon's site?

I'm in the same situation and I think they want the account password (if there is one) which is the one they ask for when you call. Definitely not the voicemail one that would not make sense.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
Neither of the 2 closer stores is reported as having the 16GB in black, so here I am at the Biltmore store. (Never been here before. Nice place.) I showed up at 6:35 and was 4th in line. Hopefully they have more than 3 in black. :)

how do u know this? phone call, online link? what?

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
Have you ever gone to Paramus NJ ? Would you suspect that Bridgewater is more busier than Paramus? If the stores not even open and doesn't have black 16 gig for sale i think it's going to be as bad as yesterday as in 100 ppl are staying for a shipment between 9 and 12 !

Never been to the Paramus store. Sorry.

A co worker said the line is 'closed' at the Menlo Park Mall in NJ. There are enough peopel in line currently to exhaust supplies in inventory. Second hand knowledge only, so YMMV.

chrisgeleven

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2002
I'm in the same situation and I think they want the account password (if there is one) which is the one they ask for when you call. Definitely not the voicemail one that would not make sense.

I just called Verizon to find out my ETF and they didn't ask for a password (they asked for last 4 of my SS#), so my account must not have one.

InTheAir

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I just called Verizon to find out my ETF and they didn't ask for a password (they asked for last 4 of my SS#), so my account must not have one.
I talked with Verizon about this yesterday and the rep on the phone said my account did not have a password. However, she could set one up. I went ahead and had them put a password on the account, so I could give Apple/ATT ~that~ password.

That said, I got bucked around enough yesterday to so many different lines that I never got a phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.