Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I’ll chime in as well regarding JETech. That’s the only brand I ever order anymore. I have them on all my Apple stuff as well as my Nintendo Switch. They are very high quality for the price, don’t show fingerprints nearly as badly as the naked screen, and are very easy to clean off. The only downside is that they make the screen a lot more slippery for Apple Pencil use.

I do have one on my new iPad Pro, and this is the first time in a long time that I’ve put one on an iPad. Because the Magic Keyboard is finally a real keyboard, it is much more likely to get gunk from the environment and your hands inside the keys. That’s just nature of keyboards—goes with the territory. But I worry about anything abrasive getting in there and then falling out at some point and rubbing around on my iPad screen.

So I’m sticking with a protector for now, but at some point the slippery-ness will probably start annoying me during an Affinity Designer project and I’ll probably rip it right back off. Lol

pugxiwawa

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2009
I second JETech. It's the only thing that's holding my screen together 😂
IMG_2342.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2364.jpeg
    IMG_2364.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 135

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
I have been using tempered glass screen protectors on my iPhones and iPads for years also, including my 12.9" 3rd generation iPP with no issues. I find that using the pencil on the glass screen protectors doesn't work great. I installed one of the paper-like protectors on the 12.9" and have mixed feelings. It's not crystal clear and the touch is grainy. On the other hand, writing feels a lot better.

I'd like to see someone do a tempered glass protector that had been very lightly blasted to give it just a little texture, but that's probably too esoteric to be commercially viable.
Yeah...that’s my concern with the Paperlike as well. However everything I’ve read says that this version 2 does a MUCH better job at screen clarity. I do like the idea of some glare protection. We’ll see. Paperlike gives a 1 year guarantee like it or send it back. I have replacements for my tempered glass...so if I don’t like it, I can always go back pretty easily.

Last edited:

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
For the first time ever, for any of the iPads I’ve owned, I bought this screen cover:

It has reduced the glare of the glossy screen, and actually, made writing with the pencil more enjoyable. It’s also pretty durable. I was not a fan of screen covers for my iPads (I always have one on my iPhone), but I’m quite pleased with the Moshi.

I love the Moshi iVisor AG. I ordered it after it got great reviews from Federico Viticci. Got it a few weeks back. While the screen clarity is slightly distorted, I think it actually makes videos even better. No rainbow effect.

Hi Guys ! Thanks for pointing out this product. am even right now as I type am still in two minds on whether to have anything on the iPad Pro or not ? I use it without any screen protection just the Apple mart Cover.

So I was reading some review on this and some of the reviews said it makes screen display look very dull, and fuzzy is that correct ? Does it look like Foggy, or how a screen of a Car looks in Rain ? And how easy is it to remove ? Does it leave any Residue Incase if you wanna remove it later ? Can any of you make a short 2 minute video if possible, as that will really help me understand how this thing is. Thanks in Advance !

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Yeah...that’s my concern with the Paperlike as well. However everything I’ve read says that this version 2 does a MUCH better job at screen clarity. We’ll see. I do like the idea of some glare protection. We’ll see. Paperlike gives a 1 year guarantee like it or send it back. I have replacements for my tempered glass...so if I don’t like it, I can always go back pretty easily.

That's funny, I also had spares ready to go. But I've left the film paper-like (Akami) screen protector on. Writing is much better, and that has outweighed the negatives for me. I'd be interested to hear about or maybe try the gen 2.

drkknte

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2017
I applied the Paperlike Gen 2 today. I really like the feel of naturally writing And sketching, but I think I’m going to remove it. The matte look is messing with my eyes and giving me a sight headache. I have played with the brightness settings to no avail. Anyone else experience the same sort of feeling?

Edit: I just took it off and the headache is gone. ??‍♂️

Last edited:

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I’ve put tempered glass on every iOS device I’ve owned for quite awhile now...I love them. Looks just like the actual screen with no clarity loss. Keeps the screen scratch free for resale later and protect the screen on drops. I can’t tell you how many I’ve replaced on my kids’ and wife’s devices. Amazon has good quality ones for under $15 mostly.

I will be trying out the Paperlike protector for the first time soon. I like the idea of anti-glare, just don’t know what it will do to screen clarity & if I’ll like it. They have a year long guarantee...so we’ll see. I also like the idea of the pencil feeling more natural. Looking forward to trying it.
Wow...expensive...but I just ordered a pair. We'll see!

darinzook

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Hi Guys ! Thanks for pointing out this product. am even right now as I type am still in two minds on whether to have anything on the iPad Pro or not ? I use it without any screen protection just the Apple mart Cover.

So I was reading some review on this and some of the reviews said it makes screen display look very dull, and fuzzy is that correct ? Does it look like Foggy, or how a screen of a Car looks in Rain ? And how easy is it to remove ? Does it leave any Residue Incase if you wanna remove it later ? Can any of you make a short 2 minute video if possible, as that will really help me understand how this thing is. Thanks in Advance !

I personally don't find it obtrusive. I'm pretty picky with screens. If you do a lot of reading, I could see how some feel like it's disruptive to text. I personally don't mind it. I think for YouTube, AppleTV+ and other video consumption - I feel its more elegant and less glare makes it just a better picture to look at. It only has adhesive around the outside black borders, but doesn't bubble up or anything. Pictures don't do it justice, but I'm not unhappy with it. I really like the matte finish too.

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
I personally don't find it obtrusive. I'm pretty picky with screens. If you do a lot of reading, I could see how some feel like it's disruptive to text. I personally don't mind it. I think for YouTube, AppleTV+ and other video consumption - I feel its more elegant and less glare makes it just a better picture to look at. It only has adhesive around the outside black borders, but doesn't bubble up or anything. Pictures don't do it justice, but I'm not unhappy with it. I really like the matte finish too.

Ok, One more question. This Adhesive that the Moshi iVisior AG has, Do you think in future if someone wants to get rid of the iVisor AG do you think it is likely to leave any Residue on the Black Borders of the iPad ?

darinzook

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Ok, One more question. This Adhesive that the Moshi iVisior AG has, Do you think in future if someone wants to get rid of the iVisor AG do you think it is likely to leave any Residue on the Black Borders of the iPad ?
No. If you research it, Moshi markets it as removable, washable & reapply. It’s not an adhesive that is going to leave residue behind.

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
No. If you research it, Moshi markets it as removable, washable & reapply. It’s not an adhesive that is going to leave residue behind.

The iPad Pro screen can get immensely bright, If you want to. So I don’t suspect that even if iVisor AG makes the iPad Pro screen look a little dimmer because of the extra layer of screen cover. But even if it does, you can increase the brightness and there by mitigate the disadvantage of the iVisor making the screen look dull and dim right ?

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
I highly recommend MAGGLASS tempered glass with matte finish for people who wants to reduce the reflection with a tempered glass. The surface does not produce as much friction as paperlike, but the glare and finger prints are reduced considerably. I couldn’t stand the reflection with my spigen tempered glass.

The screen quality reduction is not as bad compared to the regular matte film screen protectors as the glass it self seems to have a frosted finish. There’s no pixelation or rainbow affect from what I can see, that usually happens with the regular matte films. But this also makes the screen surface bit smoother so people who use the Apple Pencil may not enjoy as much. It does have bit of friction, so it does make it bit better to write on.

YatBob

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2014
Louisiana
Moshi seems to be having delivery problems now, blaming it on Fedex, says items are shipped with a delivery date, then date disappears and Fedex tracking can't seems to locate the item, follow up with Moshi and items has not been shipped.

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
Moshi seems to be having delivery problems now, blaming it on Fedex, says items are shipped with a delivery date, then date disappears and Fedex tracking can't seems to locate the item, follow up with Moshi and items has not been shipped.

I was just thinking about ordering the iVisor AG for the 11” iPad Pro from Moshi. So you are saying Moshi right now is having delivery problems of making it on time ?

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
I just ordered a iVisor AG for my Macbook Pro 16 and FedEx showed it would arrive today. Then apparently FedEx actually GOT the package today and now it will be here in 6 days.

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030
Yeah...that’s my concern with the Paperlike as well. However everything I’ve read says that this version 2 does a MUCH better job at screen clarity. We’ll see. I do like the idea of some glare protection. We’ll see. Paperlike gives a 1 year guarantee like it or send it back. I have replacements for my tempered glass...so if I don’t like it, I can always go back pretty easily.

I would highly recommend the matte finish film screen protector from iCarez. Not only is the anti-glare effective, it makes cleaning the screen easier and gives you at least some scratch protection too. I can’t say how it compares to PaperLike, but I wasn’t willing to spend more for the brand name. I was actually so happy with how it’s worked for me that I added one to my iPhone 11 Pro Max as well as my wife’s XR.

I’m not sure I will go back to the gloss screen, ever. And the other benefit to the film is that it’s thinner than the glass protectors.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

YatBob

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2014
Louisiana
I was just thinking about ordering the iVisor AG for the 11” iPad Pro from Moshi. So you are saying Moshi right now is having delivery problems of making it on time ?

At the time I posted yes but appears to be resolved, seems like it was a Moshi-FedEx he said he said, both blaming the other and of course Covid was the final culprit
[automerge]1590188602[/automerge]
I just ordered a iVisor AG for my Macbook Pro 16 and FedEx showed it would arrive today. Then apparently FedEx actually GOT the package today and now it will be here in 6 days.

Thats the same I issue I had, evidentially not resolved as stated in my previous post

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
I ended up getting the Switcheasy Paperlike film and wasn’t too sure what to expect. I gotta say...I LOVE this protector! Loving the matte screen and the feel of the Apple Pencil with it. Screen still looks great, IMO. Was gonna order the actual Paperlike, but not sure now. This was only $12 on Amazon & Paperlike is $40! Great so far!

Last edited:
Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I would highly recommend the matte finish film screen protector from iCarez. Not only is the anti-glare effective, it makes cleaning the screen easier and gives you at least some scratch protection too. I can’t say how it compares to PaperLike, but I wasn’t willing to spend more for the brand name. I was actually so happy with how it’s worked for me that I added one to my iPhone 11 Pro Max as well as my wife’s XR.

I’m not sure I will go back to the gloss screen, ever. And the other benefit to the film is that it’s thinner than the glass protectors.
Finally, another iCarez user!!! Ive been using them on my iPads for years. Love no fingerprints and the way I can read against a window with no glare. The pencil feels amazing too.

I despise my iPad without a screen protector. After using it for less than an hour it looks like I wiped peanut butter all over it. I am a fan of matte screen protectors. the course feeling doesn’t show skin oils and it feels good to the hand.

Yup. While screen protector less is sharper, I’m constantly wiping away finger grease and can’t read with any glare. I find reading books with the matte protector easier on my eyes. I’ve read dozens of books with iCarez protectors.

Reactions: jmgregory1

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
My Moshi iVisor for my MacBook Pro arrived in about a week and a half...and I LOVE the thing. Pretty awesome.

D1vang

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2014
I actually tried a zagg on my iPad 12.9 2020 (I’ve always used different brands for my iPhones, and just recently tried a zagg glass protector for iPhone which has been working great surprisingly).

after my experience with zagg on my iPhone I decided to try it on my iPad (I had credit at bestbuy so why not). Surprisingly it went on perfectly fine, had to lift the edge twice to get some dust out but it laid back down and eventually the SLIGHT lifting on that edge went away over night (which is nice).

overall the screen protector seems good, touch sensitivity doesn’t seem affected by the protector. The colors still look good (haven’t tried in direct sunlight). The one thing I did notice is that the screen protector doesn’t seem as smooth/resistance free against my fingers as the iPad screen itself did. Seems like there’s a BIT more resistance doing really long/wide or fast swipes with the protector on, the naked iPad screen felt much smoother. If it’s just slight/small swipes which is probably the majority of what you’ll be doing it feels fine.

overall good/decent, and surprisingly it works with my Logitech slim folio (despite the glass protector slightly going under the rubber protector pieces it slides into, it hadn’t lifted)

TimothyL

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2019
I do not use a screen protector on my iPad because I have a flip case fo cover the screen when not using it

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
I have used an AMFilm by TecheMatte glass protector for my devices since the last 5-7 years and they have never failed me. customer service is excellent too (needed to request another set since I blundered the included on one occasion. They shipped within 2d without question).

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
i use spigen's tempered glass. not a bad protector and very smooth to the touch, probably smoother than the iPad's actual glass. just wish they came with an installation tray. the guide tabs are okay.
I practically buy them in bulk since it’s so difficult to put them on properly. It took me 3 attempts (with 3 protectors) for my iPad Pro 10.5. You think these companies would realize that guide tabs don’t stick to the oleophobic coating at all. Even packing tape doesn’t work. I’ve ordered 3 different ones (2 packs) and all 3 leave annoying bubbles that don’t go away. I find it easier to apply screen protectors on smaller devices.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
I use ESR and have done for years on both my iPhones and iPads, excellent quality, you get a line up frame too ? always buy the 2-pack version though as it’s only marginally more expensive than the single pack

Reactions: ouimetnick
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.