Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
I'd rather take some camera dust than poor screen uniformity. Neither of our two 15 PM's has noticeable dust specs but screens are poor.

mackieap

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2016
iPhone: 51.465267,-0.143505
My iPhone 15 Pro Max screen isn’t as good as my 13 PM, there is a slight brightness gradient from left to right (left hand side is whiter, right hand side has a bluer tint) which is noticeable at all colour temperatures with or without TrueTone selected.

Interestingly it has become less pronounced since I first got the phone but it’s still there and I find it frustrating especially as the previous phone was so good (the best iPhone screen I’ve had and I’ve owned every generation back to the 3G).

I did have a look at one in the store and it had the same issue so maybe it’s widespread.

I guess it means I’ll upgrade in October and play the lottery again, but I will return that new device if I don’t have a satisfactory screen because I don’t believe I should have to go backwards when it comes to product quality!

Jetcat3

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2015
I have a G9N329 15 Pro I pre-ordered on day one and it’s the best AMOLED display I’ve ever seen. My 13 Pro had horrible grey uniformity and the 12 Pro green tint was disgusting! I can’t see a single flaw with my G9N 15 Pro. Samsung Display for the win!

Reactions: Robot21

dantay

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2006
UK
I have a G9N329 15 Pro I pre-ordered on day one and it’s the best AMOLED display I’ve ever seen. My 13 Pro had horrible grey uniformity and the 12 Pro green tint was disgusting! I can’t see a single flaw with my G9N 15 Pro. Samsung Display for the win!
The 15 Pro’s seem to be ok in general, mine too is perfect, it’s the Pro Max’s that have the issues.

Reactions: Jetcat3

DaveS86

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2022
Apple nail the screens on the MBP, the MiniLed screens are beautiful. I wonder why they can’t replicate it with phones.

Reactions: rattrapante23
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.