Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
Is there a way to delete the sysdiagnose file from analytics data in the iPhone?
This file is about 150mb large …
I'm pretty sure all log files are flushed every time you take backup using iTunes (at least Windows version). I haven't bothered yet getting rid of my log files since I still about around 200GB free space.

Anyway, I rather swallow pieces of broken glass than try Jailbreak or 3utools just for getting rid of log files.

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
Left: iPhone 14 Pro Max with LG screen
Right: iPhone 15 Pro Max with G9N Samsung screen

Both on equal brightness level (20%ish) and light gray color on screen.

What do you guys think?
Unicorn or what?
Are you displaying those test patterns in Safari using TT and NS (NS at 100%) strength? If it is still that good then, they are fine, not perfect (for example G9N has noticeable dimmer lower part and left side dimmer than right side...). Do not use build in photos app for comparing panel uniformity.

Anyway, as for the overall tone of the panel, I don't think you can get better than G9N, it is naturally warm very pleasing to eye. Left one (your LG) is some what similar to my G9P (mine does not have this strong red tint), it has kind of cooler "undertone" with red push that might look better when comparing them side by side but in normal use, I'd say G9N is much more natural even it appear warmer a bit yellowish even. I'm pretty sure I should have chose G9N myself even initially I got impression G9P appeared more uniform.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilp.23

ric22

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2022
Uniformity during Nightshift is poor. Warm at the top and cool/blue at the bottom. Cannot see a difference in daytime but at night it's striking. Tempted to swap my phone because of it.

Backlighting is perfectly even, however. Past iPhones usually did not exhibit perfect backlight uniformity, so that's good.

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
Uniformity during Nightshift is poor. Warm at the top and cool/blue at the bottom. Cannot see a difference in daytime but at night it's striking. Tempted to swap my phone because of it.
Sounds like G9N, I think I made wrong choice taking G9P for myself since G9N after all might be more uniform in everyday use during daytime, plus it has nice and warm colors and whites.

Backlighting is perfectly even, however. Past iPhones usually did not exhibit perfect backlight uniformity, so that's good.
Not sure what you mean by that, since OLED is self lighting pixels, no backlight. But yeah, brightness still is not so uniform.

Reactions: ric22

ric22

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2022
Sounds like G9N, I think I made wrong choice taking G9P for myself since G9N after all might be more uniform in everyday use during daytime, plus it has nice and warm colors and whites.

Not sure what you mean by that, since OLED is self lighting pixels, no backlight. But yeah, brightness still is not so uniform.
Can't comment on the part number, but is that something others have seen- being warm at the top and cool at the bottom in colour temperature?

And my terminology wasn't quite right- I just meant the brightness seems perfectly uniform when I test it on this phone, while on older iPhones I've had one corner of patch that didn't illuminate as strongly as the rest of the screen.

barry.wiestling

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Bought another 15 pro and of course it has an LG display (GVC). That's now 4 iPhone 15 Pro's all with LG displays. Not sure if it's worth it to keep playing the lottery.

Robot21

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2022
Bought another 15 pro and of course it has an LG display (GVC). That's now 4 iPhone 15 Pro's all with LG displays. Not sure if it's worth it to keep playing the lottery.
I think only the launch 15 pros have Samsung display…at this point it’s not worth it tbh

TooMuchPhone

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2019
Has the color temperature changed on the 15PM, (Samsung screen) since 17.0? It could conversely be my acclimating to a period without True Tone which I no longer use; it now seems white vs very blue-white before.

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
Has the color temperature changed on the 15PM, (Samsung screen) since 17.0? It could conversely be my acclimating to a period without True Tone which I no longer use; it now seems white vs very blue-white before.
I don't think IOS updates changed color temp at all. Could be that you have gotten use to more blue-white image using without TT for a while.

Reactions: TooMuchPhone

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
I think only the launch 15 pros have Samsung display…at this point it’s not worth it tbh
It makes sense using the best possible panels at that time. Probably most of the reviews are done right after initial release.

I've been living with my G9P for a little over 3 months now (launch day model) and I'm still not sure about I made right choice between G9N and G9P (I ordered 2 pcs identical models for me and another family member). I spent a good while testing both before choosing which one I keep and I back then thought G9P was better in terms of uniformity and other factors. But still I'm not so sure it was a good decision at all since peeking over the shoulder while another family member is using hers almost always look uniform.

Seemed like most people here reported getting G9N when ordering during launch. But what makes me wonder why I got both G9N and G9P even they were the same color and configuration. Anyone else ordered 2 pcs or more in the same order during launch and what panels you got? I'm wondering if this was simply due to that there was limited amount of supposedly best G9N panels...?

ric22

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2022
Are most people's screen uniformity problems only visible when NightShift is active? Mine seems perfectly uniform 90% of the time, but the top and bottom are miles apart in colour temperature at night with low brightness.

Reactions: rattrapante23

Luke_atb

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2023
I have the same problem, as soon as I activate nightshift the screen at the top right is somehow yellower but only when night shift

Reactions: ric22

Luke_atb

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2023
I now think it's normal, sometimes the displays have a yellow tint at the bottom, sometimes at the top and sometimes to the right. There is simply no such thing as a 100% perfect display, but this is partly due to the OLED technology

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
I now think it's normal, sometimes the displays have a yellow tint at the bottom, sometimes at the top and sometimes to the right. There is simply no such thing as a 100% perfect display, but this is partly due to the OLED technology
Normal? No.
Common? Yes.
Using TT and NS makes it more obvious? Sure, but it is there without these too, but harder to see since eyes are less sensitive seeing this issue when screen tint is more bluish than when it is very warm tinted.

You mentioned seeing varying tint in almost everywhere and not just between top and bottom. It would be interesting to know what panel you have?

ric22

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2022
For now I've just reduced NightShift, and that helps. Plus I'm trying not to be on my phone much in evenings. The fact the screen in perfect in normal daytime use is a blessing

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
For now I've just reduced NightShift, and that helps. Plus I'm trying not to be on my phone much in evenings. The fact the screen in perfect in normal daytime use is a blessing
Sounds like you have a G9N.

Jutah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2012
I struggle to understand how the night shift can be enjoyable; for my taste, it's terrible. I dislike the yellowish screens, so I always keep it disabled. The true tone is more than sufficient for me.

Luke_atb

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2023
Normal? No.
Common? Yes.
Using TT and NS makes it more obvious? Sure, but it is there without these too, but harder to see since eyes are less sensitive seeing this issue when screen tint is more bluish than when it is very warm tinted.

You mentioned seeing varying tint in almost everywhere and not just between top and bottom. It would be interesting to know what panel you have?
Normal? No.
Common? Yes.

how can you test this?

Ilp.23

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2023
for info. friend bought 2 natural titanium ones yesterday, all are 3105(Japan), made without any problems, minimal lateral holes (vs larger on black/blue ones in my experience), very good proper build, no sharp rough back glass.
one is made in October 2023, another November 2023, no dead pixels, oled matrix 9GN340....(Samsung one, good one). also friend with October 2023 made one Japan 3105 natural titanium has build well(minimal lateral holes, no sharp edges).
my thoughts that natural titaniums are like produced on separate line like only for natural titanium.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
I bought a 15 Pro to test it out against my 15. I found the 15 Pro’s screen to have an orange or a warm hue/tint. Anyone else experienced this?

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
I bought a 15 Pro to test it out against my 15. I found the 15 Pro’s screen to have an orange or a warm hue/tint. Anyone else experienced this?

I’ve attached a couple of photos for comparison. What do you guys think?

15:

95c3f2afbd05cf1bf9faca842977394c.jpg

15 Pro:

deb1decc8bac4916a6c9a1dd8533494d.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Robot21

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
I struggle to understand how the night shift can be enjoyable; for my taste, it's terrible. I dislike the yellowish screens, so I always keep it disabled. The true tone is more than sufficient for me.
Have you ever actually tried to use NS the way it is supposed to use? Meaning use NS only before going to sleep, like the last couple to few hours before. Surely it look terrible orange or yellow if you just test it during daytime, the difference is incredible and anyone sees it then. But if you naturally let is turn into that mode and start using it later before going to sleep, I bet your eyes will be tricked very quickly to see it looking natural. Thing is that using NS before going to sleep will cut blue light from the screen because blue light is very bad and will make you sleep much worse. I'm very picky with the screens myself and I require D65 screens for my normal use but even I can very well tolerate NS when using it as it is intended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.