Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robot21

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2022
Bought another 15 pro yesterday and the screen is a gvc lg but the screen looked VEEEEERY similar if not even better that my sisters 14PM g9n. Very vibrant color, very sharp and no “grainy” screen.
Only problem is it had was dead pixel so needless to say I returned and exchanged it…opened the replacement phone at the Apple store and unfortunately the screen was already scratched out of the box :/
I guess apples qc this year just sucks.

Edit : Apple employee told me i couldn’t exchange anymore because there’s no guaranty to find a “perfect” device (fyi it was already my third exchange that day…1) had hella dust in 2 lenses, ultra wide with 5 specs of dust and wide with 4…so 9 total and they were visible in normal light. 2) dead pixel 3) scratched screen.). Which is understandable hahaha I can’t open all of their inventory to find a phone with no defect haha kinda sucks tho that we have to go through multiple phones to find one with no defects.

Last edited:

ExploRichie

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2021
EVERY IPHONE has 1 or more dust particles in the lenses. I swear!! Even if you do not see them. Completely normal. Don’t exchange because of dust if the rest is perfectly… Also even a minor scratch on the edge or back is ok. A scratch on the display is not ok!

Robot21

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2022
EVERY IPHONE has 1 or more dust particles in the lenses. I swear!! Even if you do not see them. Completely normal. Don’t exchange because of dust if the rest is perfectly… Also even a minor scratch on the edge or back is ok. A scratch on the display is not ok!
the one with a dead pixel actually had NO dust(yes i also checked it with a flashlight) and ZERO scratch 😭 it was perfect cosmetic-wise. I was so happy to finally have a device with no cosmetic damages until i turned on my screen and did the dead pixel test 💀

SOLO*

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2023
If you want a Samsung return it and buy another. White Uniformity is better with LG but viewing angles, colors and dark grey uniformity are better with Samsung. This are my experience 😃
I have already returned several iPhone 15 Pro, even a G9N Samsung which had a fabulous display but the power button was almost completely indented and did not click

I'm tired of just doing returns, I would like to keep this but I would like to understand if GVH is the best LG or worse than GVC/GH

Reactions: ExploRichie

ExploRichie

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2021
I‘m also tired of unpacking sealed 15 Pro maxes and everytime there is another „defect“. Mushy buttons, bad panel, scratches, Titanium alloy stains, and more
Unpacked about 6x phones …
Will stay with the best and this is the white 15 PM with average good G9N and some dust in the camera … 😂

Luke_atb

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2023
I have also unpacked well over 10 devices 🙈 and each one had something, I don't think there is a perfect iPhone. Mine is quite ok now but unfortunately I also have a slightly muddy button (volume) but only on the edge, the question is live with it and keep it because otherwise everything really fits or continue the lottery 🙈 which buttons were muddy on yours?

ExploRichie

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2021
I have also unpacked well over 10 devices 🙈 and each one had something, I don't think there is a perfect iPhone. Mine is quite ok now but unfortunately I also have a slightly muddy button (volume) but only on the edge, the question is live with it and keep it because otherwise everything really fits or continue the lottery 🙈 which buttons were muddy on yours?
One with muddy power button and one with muddy volume down button. On the edger there was no click. What for a sh** 😅

Harthag

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
Bought another 15 pro yesterday and the screen is a gvc lg but the screen looked VEEEEERY similar if not even better that my sisters 14PM g9n. Very vibrant color, very sharp and no “grainy” screen.
Only problem is it had was dead pixel so needless to say I returned and exchanged it…opened the replacement phone at the Apple store and unfortunately the screen was already scratched out of the box :/
I guess apples qc this year just sucks.

Edit : Apple employee told me i couldn’t exchange anymore because there’s no guaranty to find a “perfect” device (fyi it was already my third exchange that day…1) had hella dust in 2 lenses, ultra wide with 5 specs of dust and wide with 4…so 9 total and they were visible in normal light. 2) dead pixel 3) scratched screen.). Which is understandable hahaha I can’t open all of their inventory to find a phone with no defect haha kinda sucks tho that we have to go through multiple phones to find one with no defects.
Didn’t you previously go through several 15PM some weeks ago and they all had dead pixels? That’s some *horrible* luck you’ve had if that’s the case, sorry man.

I haven’t had a dead pixel in an iPhone since the iPhone 8, if I recall correctly.

Can you just re-order another phone online for delivery and not deal with the local store?

Robot21

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2022
Didn’t you previously go through several 15PM some weeks ago and they all had dead pixels? That’s some *horrible* luck you’ve had if that’s the case, sorry man.

I haven’t had a dead pixel in an iPhone since the iPhone 8, if I recall correctly.

Can you just re-order another phone online for delivery and not deal with the local store?
Yep, that’s me 🤣 either I’m the unluckiest person ever or apple’s qc is just straight up garbage lol

I could order online but I got an apple store 20 minutes away from where I live 😅 plus exchanging is much easier and quicker for in store purchases.

Reactions: Amabile Ricci

Scott M

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2009
Probably not 100% related, but I thought I’d ask anyway. For the people that have an iPhone and a MacBook, how does the screen tint of the iPhone compare to the MacBook? I’ve always found that holding up an iPhone next to a MacBook makes the iPhone’s screen look significantly yellow in comparison (True Tone and Night Shift disabled for both devices).

I’ve been to a few different stores now that display iPhone 15 Pros and my iPhone 15 Pro’s screen seems consistent with the ones in store, more or less, so I don’t think I have a faulty screen or anything, but holding it up next to any of the MacBooks on display really makes it look bad…

If this is normal, it begs the question, why?

It’s something I’ve noticed with all of my iPhones in the past. Their screens always seem to have a yellow tint in comparison to the MacBooks I’ve owned or other MacBooks I’ve come across.

Reactions: rattrapante23

SOLO*

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2023
I moved heaven and earth to understand who the hell this GVH of mine was referring to, well it's not LG but BOE!
How the hell do I get a BOE panel on my iPhone 15 Pro

Reactions: Ilp.23

Bstephens

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2010
the one with a dead pixel actually had NO dust(yes i also checked it with a flashlight) and ZERO scratch 😭 it was perfect cosmetic-wise. I was so happy to finally have a device with no cosmetic damages until i turned on my screen and did the dead pixel test 💀
Just wait until they get screens and swap it.

Robot21

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2022
I moved heaven and earth to understand who the hell this GVH of mine was referring to, well it's not LG but BOE!
How do you know it’s a boe panel tho? considering they cant even produce displays for the normal 15 i highly doubt they can for the 15 pro.

sdante

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2023
Out of curiosity, where did you find GVH is referring to BOE?

Anyway, interesting to see that right after release day pretty much all here reported having G9N panel and some G9P, and then later on came these others. At least that impression I got reading this thread and some others in this forum.

SOLO*

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2023
How do you know it’s a boe panel tho? considering they cant even produce displays for the normal 15 i highly doubt they can for the 15 pro.

Out of curiosity, where did you find GVH is referring to BOE?

Anyway, interesting to see that right after release day pretty much all here reported having G9N panel and some G9P, and then later on came these others. At least that impression I got reading this thread and some others in this forum.

Korean sites and searching in archives of iPhone 12 display BOE
GVH is BOE, it’s trash for the iPhone 15 Pro, fraud

Reactions: Ilp.23

ExploRichie

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2021
Is there a way to delete the sysdiagnose file from analytics data in the iPhone?
This file is about 150mb large …

Appledict

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2012
Left: iPhone 14 Pro Max with LG screen
Right: iPhone 15 Pro Max with G9N Samsung screen

Both on equal brightness level (20%ish) and light gray color on screen.

What do you guys think?
Unicorn or what?

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.