Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asus389

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2019
USA
If anything I'd think it would be faster than the 13/13 mini/Pro/Max because its pushing less pixels. But maybe they de-tuned it for the SE3 chassis?

Reactions: janeauburn

asus389

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2019
USA
Anybody getting random reboots?
Theres a whole thread on kernel panics. Maybe that's related?

phositadc

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
Theres a whole thread on kernel panics. Maybe that's related?

Thanks, that’s definitely my problem.

Reactions: 5105973

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
That being said, while the display is good overall with color accuracy that makes it adequate for content consumption and the camera also surprised me earlier in ideal lighting conditions I am thoroughly bored by iPhone SE—for better or worse.

It’s perfect for its target audience, which may want a familiar design with a home button. I do miss iPhone 13 Mini when I’m using it but I’m also coming to the realization that my brain isn’t going to adjust to the flickering over time. Bottom line it’s perceptible to me and my brain doesn’t like it. Yet, it’s enough of an improvement to me I’m still torn…
You seem to have incredible visual processing acuity. Mine is good but yours is on a different level. I wonder if that plays into your pwm sensitivity. Or mine.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Thanks, that’s definitely my problem.
Yeah sadly I’m on that thread. 😟. The phone is still usable but now it’s a bit unpredictable and annoying for that reason. I don’t have any weird apps. I barely have any. At any rate it doesn’t seem to be caused by apps. So far I’ve never dropped the phone or had anything happen to it. It just started doing this one day and now it’s “a thing” on random occasions.

Ac1d 8urn

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2020
Wisconsin
You seem to have incredible visual processing acuity. Mine is good but yours is on a different level. I wonder if that plays into your pwm sensitivity. Or mine.

Ooh I wonder if that's the cause of my PWM issues too. I have really weird vision, I can see IR light & LEDs flickering and I'm the one hollering about off-white vs. eggshell in the paint section lol. The color & PPI differences between the SE & 13 screens are pretty glaring but I much prefer the SE's more muted screen. OLEDs are almost overwhelmingly bright and colorful, like retinal overload. Maybe my eyes are just too sensitive.

Reactions: jimmy_uk

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Ooh I wonder if that's the cause of my PWM issues too. I have really weird vision, I can see IR light & LEDs flickering and I'm the one hollering about off-white vs. eggshell in the paint section lol. The color & PPI differences between the SE & 13 screens are pretty glaring but I much prefer the SE's more muted screen. OLEDs are almost overwhelmingly bright and colorful, like retinal overload. Maybe my eyes are just too sensitive.
Omg! Okay so I’m not crazy. I think I can see some infrared light. Someone on MR once said she could and got absolutely roasted for it and how impossible that is. So I kept quiet about it and figured I was mistaken on what I’d seen. I may still be mistaken and it’s not a hill I’ll die on. But I’m glad you said something about it. I’ll keep it in consideration.

Yeah I can see color differences the rest of my family apparently can’t.

My sense of smell is also ridiculously sensitive.

I do get sensory overload. I have a post up somewhere about how the Apple Watch’s haptics working in conjunction with Apple Maps turn by turn directions helps me cope with the motion of heavy traffic disorienting me when I’m driving.

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
Omg! Okay so I’m not crazy. I think I can see some infrared light. Someone on MR once said she could and got absolutely roasted for it and how impossible that is. So I kept quiet about it and figured I was mistaken on what I’d seen. I may still be mistaken and it’s not a hill I’ll die on. But I’m glad you said something about it. I’ll keep it in consideration.

I do get sensory overload. I have a post up somewhere about how the Apple Watch’s haptics working in conjunction with Apple Maps turn by turn directions helps me cope with the motion of heavy traffic disorienting me when I’m driving.
We're not alone - I can hear, see and smell so many things that others clearly filter out. It's more of a curse than a gift most of the time and my friends + family think I'm very strange when I'm triggered by sensory overload.

Having sharp hearing was great when I used to DJ and make music - a curse when I can hear electronics buzzing and every sound in and around my house. Seeing micro-detail is great for doing my Graphic job - a curse when I see all the flaws in the objects and world around me. Smell - that's generally a curse because there are a lot of weird odours in the world! 😝 I keep picking up on burning smells which no one else notices?

Last edited:

Ac1d 8urn

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2020
Wisconsin

It's rare but totally possible! I first noticed it years ago when I had my old HTC HD2, I kept seeing a tiny flash of pinky red light at the top of the screen when I'd be using it. I mentioned it on some old forum and they told me it had an IR proximity sensor but no way could I see it. Yep, was definitely seeing it. And I have a bloodhound nose too haha. Some people just have ridiculous senses :D

We're not alone - I can hear, see and smell so many things that others clearly filter out. It's more of a curse than a gift most of the time and my friends + family think I'm very strange when I'm triggered by sensory overload.

Having sharp hearing was great when I used to DJ and make music - a curse when I can hear electronics buzzing and every sound in and around my house. Seeing micro-detail is great for doing my Graphic job - a curse when I see all the flaws in the objects and world around me. Smell - that's generally a curse because there are a lot of weird odours in the world! 😝 I keep picking up on burning smells which no one else notices?

Oh yes, I'm currently keeping an eye on one of my mom's lamps cause there's a faint hot smell every time I walk past it 😂 No one else can smell it.

This is so cool, there are others!

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Your honestly telling me snappiness is not a reference to the speed of the device. ?‍♂️
Well of course yes. Napping it could be the perception of response to input on the price. Her face is actions being taken after instructed on the device or automatically

Example sappiness finger banging on the screen for response, your perceived perception of “snappiness based on your direct input. Like snapping your fingers, the perceived response of the snap vs the sound you ear.
Speed is the action the device takes either automatically (notifications for example), or action based on input from the user : you copy 10 files from iCloud to local on-device storage. The speed it takes, based on file typ, file name, file extension, and total size of files vs folders with multiple files or a mix of files types is the speed of the device to complete that action.

See big difference.

Another exacmple of snappiness:
I’ve had an iPad Pro 11 inch of 2018 and the M1 2021 model each has 120 Hz screen. From scrolling on both devices with my fingers in person compared to the iPad mini I’m typing on right now or any iPhone that I’ve had non pros I don’t perceive a difference in the snappiness of the response of the screen as a school on any device that I’ve had. Does this mean that the M1 iPad Pro is just as fast as the iPad mini six? Hell no but snappiness on my perceived perception of snappiness seems to be the same based on what I’ve used both devices for. That is depending on what I do all my perception of response or snappiness.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Bra when it comes to what you see feel here or touch always speak your truth you’ll have people that deny possibly even me but always sing your truth that will always remain true regardless!

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
So I got the SE a couple of days ago just to try it out, with the slightest intention to go back to a smaller phone due to nostalgia reasons. Coming from a 13, my biggest concern is the battery life. Although I am in no way saying the SE should be performing as well as the 13, the battery life on the SE is pretty darn respectable for what it is.

My charge cycle always starts from 12am so here it is, 4 hours of SoT with 48% left. Usually my 13 will have about 60-70% remaining but that’s expected. It’s good to have all the headroom for people with battery life anxieties. However if the SE can maintain this level of performance in the battery endurance department, I’ll be making the switch. On a normal work day, I’ll come home with about 60-65% left on my 13. If my SE has about 35-45% left, I’ll be a happy man.

84334b9c36b5ebed6daf93034069896f.jpg

T Coma

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2015
Flyover Country, USA
Just traded my iPhone 7 for a new SE. It is comfortably familiar, especially my preferred Touch ID, and my Silk brand CC holder / case still fits. I was charging the 7 every time I got in the car and at least 2x more per day, so the fresh and bigger battery is quite welcome. Switching among apps is noticeably faster, as are internet graphics. Can’t comment on photography or videography yet, but the camera does fire up faster for sure. I often missed the photo op on the 7 since it took so long to get the first photo. It seems that I can wander farther away from the phone when I’m listening to Bluetooth headphones. For whatever reason, the swipe to type function has been much more accurate. Very nice upgrade from 32GB to 128 too. Although I’m glad to finally have a phone that charges via the Qi charger on our car, I’m Disappointed that there was no included wall charger especially since the included cable is USB-C to lightning. Considering I’m still running my bulletproof 2011 imac, I don’t think I have any USB-C ports in the house.

Ac1d 8urn

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2020
Wisconsin
Just traded my iPhone 7 for a new SE. It is comfortably familiar, especially my preferred Touch ID, and my Silk brand CC holder / case still fits. I was charging the 7 every time I got in the car and at least 2x more per day, so the fresh and bigger battery is quite welcome. Switching among apps is noticeably faster, as are internet graphics. Can’t comment on photography or videography yet, but the camera does fire up faster for sure. I often missed the photo op on the 7 since it took so long to get the first photo. It seems that I can wander farther away from the phone when I’m listening to Bluetooth headphones. For whatever reason, the swipe to type function has been much more accurate. Very nice upgrade from 32GB to 128 too. Although I’m glad to finally have a phone that charges via the Qi charger on our car, I’m Disappointed that there was no included wall charger especially since the included cable is USB-C to lightning. Considering I’m still running my bulletproof 2011 imac, I don’t think I have any USB-C ports in the house.

Congrats on the upgrade :)

At first I didn't care when they stopped including the charger brick, until they started shipping everything with USB-C lightning cables. When I got my SS watch it came with a slightly fancier charger, but it was USB-C so I had to go buy a brick to use it. With the regular USB-A cables, fine leave the brick out cause everyone has like 8 of those in a drawer somewhere anyway. But who the heck has a USB-C brick laying around? Dumb.

Reactions: Barbareren
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.