Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
That is not he same as scenes where they are riding in new territory around cliffs and sheer dropoffs. The horses will not just steer themselves where people want them to go. The humans on horseback could not just steer the horses around such obstacles because they can't see!
Have you ever ridden horses? I have ridden lots of horses. I grew around them in farming anf ranching communities. Horses have minds of their own and do not always do what you want them to do. Even the best trained horse will test your authority and see what they can get away with.

Then to be honest a horse going around in circles ona track in a controlled environement is not the same as horses in rough uneven terrain in the wild somehow going in a straight line as they do on this show.

It’s not real

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
That is not he same as scenes where they are riding in new territory around cliffs and sheer dropoffs. The horses will not just steer themselves where people want them to go. The humans on horseback could not just steer the horses around such obstacles because they can't see!
Have you ever ridden horses? I have ridden lots of horses. I grew around them in farming anf ranching communities. Horses have minds of their own and do not always do what you want them to do. Even the best trained horse will test your authority and see what they can get away with.

Then to be honest a horse going around in circles ona track in a controlled environement is not the same as horses in rough uneven terrain in the wild somehow going in a straight line as they do on this show.
Even in new territory, the horses can still run on autopilot, no? In that case, it doesn't matter if humans are blind since the animal itself isn't and can still navigate the terrain. Human intervention wouldn't be a major factor in this case.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Even in new territory, the horses can still run on autopilot, no? In that case, it doesn't matter if humans are blind since the animal itself isn't and can still navigate the terrain. Human intervention wouldn't be a major factor in this case.
no...have you ever ridden a horse? Human intervention is a HUGE part of riding a horse.

next time you have a chance...hop on a horse and blind fold yourself and see what happens..... :cool:

Reactions: ackmondual

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
no...have you ever ridden a horse? Human intervention is a HUGE part of riding a horse.

next time you have a chance...hop on a horse and blind fold yourself and see what happens..... :cool:
No I have not. That's not something I'm going to do, which ties into the whole "I haven't ridden horses before, and don't plan to". This is the first time I'm hearing of what you said, so thanks for the info!

EDIT: So what does happen if you "ask" a horse to navigate from point A to point B? The horse won't do anything to endanger itself, but can it scout for a safe passage on its own?

Last edited:

Mercifull

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
I'm waiting until a few more episodes drop so I can do a semi binge.
Same. Very rarely do i watch weekly these days. Would rather build up a whole series and watch at once. I have plenty of other things to watch on other services while I wait.

You can see why it makes business sense to release staggered though. SEE season 3 is going to have 8 episodes which means that's at least 2 months' subscription. Apple wants to keep people subscribed not just for 1 month at a time

Last edited:
Reactions: ackmondual

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
No comments on season 3 yet?
I am intrigued to see how they wrap everything up in the remaining 6 episodes, given that there are still quite a number of loose threads. The impending Trivantian invasion, Kofun's son, Haniwha's growing frustration with being hunted and persecuted, Sibeth's fate...just off the top of my head. Am still liking the show so far. It was the first one I caught when I subscribed to TV+, and still the one I look forward to the most every Friday (together with Bad Sisters now as well). 😬

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I am up to date on the season 3 and I haven't posted anything because there's nothing noteworthy to post.

In contrast to the explosive previous openers, the third season has been... a meh. Everyone except Wren and Baba are just so... blind (no pun intended) to things happening around them. And what's happening are just not all that interesting to me.

If I were to venture a guess, this season will be about infiltrating the enemy camp to sabotage their bombs. I sincerely hope there's much more to it than that.

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
I've been off ATV+ ever since my free trial expired a few months back. Won't be back for awhile since my ss roadmap is to get in on annual HBO Max for 40% off. Will probably also add Disney+ for a couple months, if not a year since it's getting a price increase on Dec. 8th.

Like others, I would want to wait until the full season is out anyways to just go through them in a much shorter time frame (few days to a week), rather than having to wait it out over 8 weeks. Another thing is I'd like for other TV series to get additional seasons. The other main ones for me include Foundation and Central Park.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Well, that show was always up & done. Now it’s taking a totally different turn: it’s only war. Nothing about find other people that can see, the society and so on. Lots of nonsense like the Sibeth who always manage to survive any situation.

This season is just a bang with one beautiful scene of explosions on the beach…and then nothing. It’s pitched dark on the story side.

Kofun is still so still and irritable and her sister is useless.

I guess it’s like many shows, too many seasons. It should have stopped earlier.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Another ridiculous episode, especially the segment with the snake. Well, time to finish this show and never hear about it, anymore.

Alwis

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2017
I liked the first season, where the conflict between blind and seeing people was part of the story. Now it is just an other post apocalyptic series, not a particular bad one, but not exceptional good either.

I do not mind, that this will be the last season.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I didn’t like how the shows turned. It was just war, war, war. It didn’t make sense and there were so many other things to discover. The Sibeth should have died at least 17 times and she always had the same tone over & over. If you have nothing else to watch, yeah go ahead but you have so many different & better shows nowadays.

Be-1ne

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2015
UK
Worst ending ever!

It was good they tried to wrap it all up, but in doing so watered it all down.

Series one was awesome, two lost its way, and 3 felt like, let’s just wrap this up so we don’t have to make anymore.

And yeah the kofun character has to be one of the most infuriating and unliveable characters in a show ever. It was like watching a Peter griffin but without the jokes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.