Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gridlocked

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2019
RI
Just started watching it and can already tell its really well done - I kind of think the everyone is blind thing is a gimmick that they could have done without but I'm willing to accept that in order to experience the series the way its intended.

Vin2015

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2015
I have to admit I like it. Some stuff has me going. How could they have even done that blind, but I’ll suspend realism.

Oh by the way I was like wtf in the 1st episode when we meet the queen. Was not expecting that. Lol.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
SPOILERS (1st episode)

I've only watched the first episode so far, but how did they get from their "native" settlement to the new one so quickly? I got the idea that it was somewhat far away from the first one so that they could be safe, right? However just by watching the episode it looks like they got there in just a few hours. I'm afraid such lack of authenticity in space/time may ruin the show, just as it did ruin the last seasons of GoT where dragons would fly from one tip of a continent to the other in just a few hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2014
It initially needs some suspension of disbelief in order to accept what is going on, but I agree it is very good. I really enjoyed the premiere and will definitely continue with it.

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
I watched the first episode, and it literally is the best comedy of 2019. Classic B movie rubbish. Even in one's wildest imagination, it's totally absurd. If this is the best that Apple can offer, they won't be around long. Disney and Netflix are laughing at this waste of money.

Adoniram

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2016
Fort Worth, TX
One episode in and it’s better than anything I have seen from Disney.
but I hate superhero garbage and the new Star Wars films are lacklustre.
That encourages me, especially coming from someone who does not enjoy the superhero or millennial Star Wars crap. maybe I’ll just go ahead and spring for the massive $5/mo fee and try it out. We’re months/years away from the new LOTR, Top Gun, Picard, Orville season 3, etc... and I’d like some decent content in the interim.

Reactions: Ar40

Herrpod

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
One episode in and it’s better than anything I have seen from Disney.
but I hate superhero garbage and the new Star Wars films are lacklustre.
Good news, there won't be much superhero garbage on Disney+ at launch. For whatever reason they only have the rights to 5 of their own movies for the service. I'll still take Disney+'s huge offering of new and old content over this middling crap Apple released with, but I'm not writing Apple off yet. If they're willing to spend the money, they might get me to subscribe once or twice a year. It's definitely not a service I'd stay subscribed to all year like I do Netflix and like I will Disney (as long as going forward every disney movie goes from theaters to the service).

Jessemtz25

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2011
Colorado
I'm only 1 episode in so it’s hard to say if the show will be fantastic but the first episode definitely was great.

Reactions: Ar40

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Dec 20, 2017
Can’t believe people really find this show “fantastic”.

SPOILERS

After watching the 2nd episode all I can say is that this dystopian world makes no sense at all. It’s hard to believe humans would evolve in such a way even if they had lost sight. Moreover, why body paintings and jewelry when no one can see? And how did the kids learn to read on their own??? After 12 years the characters didn’t get physically older? The whole story looks like it was written by a 10-year old... Not sure I’ll watch it past episode 3.

3/10 so far for the cinematography and sound.

PJ.

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
When it says rating, caution what actually is that in terms of 12 or 15 etc please?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.