Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hayduke60

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2009
I bought an ipod from the apple store online. It didn't show up when it was supposed to. Seems it got lost in salt lake. Fedex wouldn't send my ipod to me without the serial number, color, special features and whatnot. They had at that time over 50 ipods in their lost and found and couldn't be sure what one was mine. Apple overnighted me another one. I had to sign for it. A few days latter I got an email from Apple wanting to know if I got the first ipod, seems they hadn't got the "delivered" info from fedex. Apple makes one sign for everything, to cover their butts.
Gramma did it, in the parlor, with the pipe wrench.

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
What is more funny is that my TV is on while I am reading this and it is on TNT HD playing Law & Order "Stalker" from 1998 and all the sudden one of the investigators says "HE IS A LIER" :eek::eek::eek:

No offense OP, but that was my TV not me :D

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
But like someone else said, when arranging a return, Apple send you an email with all the information on it. Can you not even find that?

Regardless, surely if you phone Apple and give them the serial number of the machine, they'll be able to pull up the records?

You shouldn't have to deal with the courier at all as Apple arrange all that side of things.

Confused :confused:

mainomega

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Easy Resolution

This is easy to verify if you shipped it out or not.

Call Apple - ask them for the case or repair ID (so you know it), then ask them for them for both tracking numbers (empty box shipment and return shipment). Go to FedEx.com and see what the return shipment tracking number shows. If FedEx had to have scanned it at time of possession or when they had a problem and returned it back to you.

APPLE HAS THESE NUMBERS SO THERE IS NO REASON FOR YOU NOT TO GET THAT INFORMATION.

Go Here - http://www.apple.com/support/repairstatus/
Type in your case/repair ID and the zip code. It'll prove whether or not they received it as well. You can't get the return shipment tracking from this, that is why you must call them.

Please post at least the tracking numbers (case/repair ID and serial if you want) so at least we will start believing you. Because at this point it sounds like a scam.

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
Why is this thread still active if the OP has abandoned it?!

Did he just made a big lie and fled?!

Qusus

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2009
Why is this thread still active if the OP has abandoned it?!

Did he just made a big lie and fled?!

Consider this game: say for a second that you gave me YOUR Macbook Air. My job is to send this computer into Apple. Your job is to find a paper trail.
Is there any way I could possibly, EVEN IF I TRIED, make it so that you couldn't instantly find out everything you wanted to know about this computer by logging onto Apple's support site and entering the serial number?

With everything being electronic these days, it's nearly impossible to lose a paper trail. Multiple people have already made bullet-proof suggestions to finding out the tracking number, and frankly, these solutions should have been obvious to the OP from the start. Thus there's two options, either he's really really really dumb and incompetent. Or he's actually quite clever (and sinister) but not quite clever enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.