Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
1658247C-D218-434D-88C6-DCE6E665C231.jpeg

Would love see what everyone has chosen for their cases. I’m a bit of case junkie so I like having new ideas :)

just1

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2011
France
What a good idea to show off your case !
I'm following this thread, it'll help me to choose my case.
Thanks

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Not sure the blue goes with the green. The tan leather would be a good combination.
The blue goes with the green a lot better than the saddle brown IMO.

I think the brown looks ugly on anything but space grey this year becuase of the huge camera panel

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Apple Clear case for iPhone 11 Pro 256GB - Midnight Green.

View attachment 862110

View attachment 862108

Also looking at the Forest Green Leather case and/or Pine green Silicone case.
I rather don't use any case, but i find the new Pro's pretty slippery, matter of time before i toss it on the ground.

Pine green will be my next purchase. How is the clear case? It looks nice, is it grippy?

Rck1984

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2017
The Netherlands
No. The clear Apple case is too slick. Debating whether to take it back.

Partly true..

The case is kind of slippery on a surface, yes. Also in your hand when it just comes out of its package. However, when it becomes a little oily/greasy from your hands, it definitely adds grip compared to the naked phone.

Reactions: eagleglen

MareLuce

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2010
No. The clear Apple case is too slick. Debating whether to take it back.
OMG that clear case is *totally* too slick! I returned mine.

I really wanted a clear case but I have not found a clear case that is not as slick as soap.
Had hope that Apple's would be different but it's not.
What's the use of adding a case if the case makes it MORE likely you'll drop it?

Apple's silicone cases have the perfect amount of tackiness / grippiness, but none of the colors look great with the midnight green. Odd..

Here's my Plan B - a Case Mate from the AT&T Store on the Midnight Green Pro Max:
I like how the sides are actually more grippy than the Apple silicone cases.
I like how the glossy case matches the glossy camera square.
1569196460560.png

However, while the sides are awesome, and the back does have grippiness next to skin, when resting on a table or airline tray, the back would be MUCH slicker than the silicone.
So it's BTN but it's not ideal.

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
Are the sides right? Is it slim?

Thanks

OMG that clear case is *totally* too slick! I returned mine.

I really wanted a clear case but I have not found a clear case that is not as slick as soap.
Had hope that Apple's would be different but it's not.
What's the use of adding a case if the case makes it MORE likely you'll drop it?

Apple's silicone cases have the perfect amount of tackiness / grippiness, but none of the colors look great with the midnight green. Odd..

Here's my Plan B - a Case Mate from the AT&T Store on the Midnight Green Pro Max:
I like how the sides are actually more grippy than the Apple silicone cases.
I like how the glossy case matches the glossy camera square.
View attachment 862365

However, while the sides are awesome, and the back does have grippiness next to skin, when resting on a table or airline tray, the back would be MUCH slicker than the silicone.
So it's BTN but it's not ideal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.