Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
Any recommendations on cases that have a high front lip to protect the screen? Like even after a screen protector on it still had a pronounced lip?

Reactions: uehithneu

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
How are the grip on the caudabe cases? I have seen lots of good reviews on them, but I have never tried one yet.

Synthesis, not that great. I have it and that pattern they have on the sides is not grippy at all.
The Sheath is a fantastic case with better grip.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
I haven't used a case in months but every time I see this thing it makes me want to start. I had one of these on my 4 waaaay back in 2010 and carried it over to my 4S the following year. Pretty sure it's the only case I've ever used two years in a row.

I’d love to try it too but like @ApplePersonFreak said above, they need to have more colors. I think back in the iPhone 7 series they had a midnight blue or something.

Robopilingui

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2019
I am very interested in the Apple Clear Case to let that sexy Midnight Green shine but almost all the reviews say it is more slippery than the phone itself so I think I'm going to go for either the Forest Green leather or the Pine Green silicone ones as initial ones. I have the leather one on my current iPhone X and it peeled off a bit too much in my opinion - that can make me decide for the silicone one...

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Nomad Black Folio 11 Pro.

BE74F53C-0DF5-4692-8F6B-5A0E174F4950.jpeg
1A35CC67-4B79-4C7F-A325-D62F03E0C5DF.jpeg

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Oh that is nice. do you like it? I like the concept of wallet cases, but haven’t found the “one” yet.

Excellent, my wife has had a brown one for her XR for 8 months so i knew what they are like, i scored a bargain off ebay was half retail price here.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Oh that is interesting. I use the silicone with the microfiber interior. Are there any cases that are made with cloth?

The main frame of these cases are made of hard plastic mostly but the exterior is covered with a fabric material.

An example.

iPhone XS/X Case, iPhone 10 Case Fabric Back Cover Protective Phone Case Supports Wireless Charging For Apple iPhone X/iPhone 10 5.8 inch (2017) - Grey https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0798HCMCM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_CdMtEbAH86MYZ

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
I am looking for a decent case, with a stand.
Any suggestions?

I have a Spigen one, for my iPhone 11 Pro Max. But, I feel the stand is flimsy. Thus, looking for alternative options.

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
Synthesis, not that great. I have it and that pattern they have on the sides is not grippy at all.
The Sheath is a fantastic case with better grip.
have they improved on the scratch resistance of the back on this version of the Synthesis. i found it very scratch prone for the version with my XS so i returned it (it in fact came with scratches right out of the box)

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
have they improved on the scratch resistance of the back on this version of the Synthesis. i found it very scratch prone for the version with my XS so i returned it (it in fact came with scratches right out of the box)
They have! I had the one for the X/XS and it scratched so easily. I purchased the stealth black one for the 11 Pro and decided I wasn't feeling it but it is way better than the previous version.

Derek87

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2009
They have! I had the one for the X/XS and it scratched so easily. I purchased the stealth black one for the 11 Pro and decided I wasn't feeling it but it is way better than the previous version.
good to know! thanks for sharing. i'm pretty happy with my Sheath, but i'll keep this in mind should i want a change of pace. (probably unlikely considering how happy i was with my XS case for 1.5 years before getting the 11pro)

Tthomas

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2019
I have small hands and usually get the small phones. I tried the iPhone XS Max with a loopy case and really like it coz it makes it easier to hold but it’s hard to do wireless charging or to put on car holders/stands

With the 11 Pro Max, I decided to try a ring case. It’s good enough for the price but after a while I could feel the ring is a little bit loose.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WVXT9TQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

View attachment 881238

I would prefer a ring with wallet case but they are usually very bulky so got the Otterbox Popsocket instead with the Black Friday discount. Very nice and it does wireless charging very well.

i don’t usually go for Otterbox because they are usually very thick but with the popsocket, it helps with my grip.

View attachment 881235

View attachment 881237
This is one I have and I love it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.