Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
Like it a lot. Nice leather and microfibre inside, good grip not slippery at all, buttons not as good as apples case but should get better with use. And it's black not grey.

Sounds good. Yeah I have heard that about the buttons which is why I did not pick one up. Keep us posted!

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Sounds good. Yeah I have heard that about the buttons which is why I did not pick one up. Keep us posted!

They are better than Nomads rugged/active. Not a reason not to buy it really. Just put my symmetry back on they are stiff compared to it lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaderRulez

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois
I have small hands and usually get the small phones. I tried the iPhone XS Max with a loopy case and really like it coz it makes it easier to hold but it’s hard to do wireless charging or to put on car holders/stands

With the 11 Pro Max, I decided to try a ring case. It’s good enough for the price but after a while I could feel the ring is a little bit loose.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WVXT9TQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

View attachment 881238

I would prefer a ring with wallet case but they are usually very bulky so got the Otterbox Popsocket instead with the Black Friday discount. Very nice and it does wireless charging very well.

i don’t usually go for Otterbox because they are usually very thick but with the popsocket, it helps with my grip.

View attachment 881235

View attachment 881237

I have this case as well. I have to have a PopSocket on my phone too. Right now I'm using a the Otter + Pop Defender in the Grape Jelly color. I like the feel of the Defender better than the glossy feel of this one. And the color pops on the Defender one.

wicked271

macrumors regular
May 26, 2010
Philippines
I have this case as well. I have to have a PopSocket on my phone too. Right now I'm using a the Otter + Pop Defender in the Grape Jelly color. I like the feel of the Defender better than the glossy feel of this one. And the color pops on the Defender one.

do you have a photo of the defender popsocket? What’s the difference? Is it thicker?

I bought a couple of extra popsockets and have already tried to change it. It’s very easy to change but the extra (opened 1 only) feel a bit flimsy... the one I tried don’t stand very well compared to the original one.

also I had to take out the phone first before I can change the popsocket which is kinda good coz it means I won’t accidentally take out the popsocket. ?

jldesutter83

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Illinois
do you have a photo of the defender popsocket? What’s the difference? Is it thicker?

I bought a couple of extra popsockets and have already tried to change it. It’s very easy to change but the extra (opened 1 only) feel a bit flimsy... the one I tried don’t stand very well compared to the original one.

also I had to take out the phone first before I can change the popsocket which is kinda good coz it means I won’t accidentally take out the popsocket. ?

It’s thicker and more protective. I usually just use the PopSocketnthst comes on the case. I like the colors. Here’s a few pics:
11148E51-C12B-4878-B99E-2078E20129EE.jpeg
3B2FB023-F5D4-4A4E-A398-16376488A10B.jpeg
0C501254-7612-4350-AED9-B2CE9E8A789A.jpeg
1A3E8EEE-3DA8-4AC1-9709-BBF4BBEDE7A3.jpeg

wicked271

macrumors regular
May 26, 2010
Philippines
It’s thicker and more protective. I usually just use the PopSocketnthst comes on the case. I like the colors. Here’s a few pics: View attachment 882834

They do look thicker! Very nice! Thanks for the photos. What’s that little pink cover on the side for?

how are the buttons for volumes and power and is the case hard to take off?

For mine, its really soft. And it’s also not bad to take off the phone so thats a plus. Might try that case next time.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
be19b7c6acff6a73e1ca9b64a1eed308.jpg

Got this gem in today. Solid case @$15. That bright orange border around the blackness of screen is sweet. It’s a BRIGHT orange, too. Good click buttons, right solid figment. Slightly loose directly above lightning port and beside volume buttons but nothing I would classify as abnormal. Solid feeling in hand and on the grippier side.

As I say, definitely paid a lot more for cases I liked a lot less. Solid case all around at $15.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
be19b7c6acff6a73e1ca9b64a1eed308.jpg

Got this gem in today. Solid case @$15. That bright orange border around the blackness of screen is sweet. It’s a BRIGHT orange, too. Good click buttons, right solid figment. Slightly loose directly above lightning port and beside volume buttons but nothing I would classify as abnormal. Solid feeling in hand and on the grippier side.

As I say, definitely paid a lot more for cases I liked a lot less. Solid case all around at $15.

OMG that used to be my favorite case. Is it still hard as heck to get off of your phone? They are pretty cheap on Amazon, but I don’t want to spend 30 mins trying to take a case off.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
OMG that used to be my favorite case. Is it still hard as heck to get off of your phone? They are pretty cheap on Amazon, but I don’t want to spend 30 mins trying to take a case off.

Haven’t tried to take it off yet lol. Didn’t seem as hard to get phone in as some previous versions have. Will try to take it off a bit later and let you know lol

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Haven’t tried to take it off yet lol. Didn’t seem as hard to get phone in as some previous versions have. Will try to take it off a bit later and let you know lol

If you could, that’d be great.. you know us case junkies swap all the time so if a case is easier to take off that’s always a plus lol

seriouslyjaded

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
So, my Limitless 3.0 with the aramid back arrived and as far as I can tell, they’ve changed something on the back that makes it more resistant to greasy finger marks than the Limitless 2.0. It feels a little more textured than the 2.0. Well pleased and glad to be rid of the apple clear case even if the weight has gone up on my phone now.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Has anyone used this for their 11/Pro/Max? Saw the midnight green and was like ?. Gorgeous. Has good reviews too.

Reactions: Mel8899

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
Has anyone used this for their 11/Pro/Max? Saw the midnight green and was like ?. Gorgeous. Has good reviews too.

Is it a one piece case? I like the looks of it!

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Is it a one piece case? I like the looks of it!

No, looks like it's a two piece. I do too. I want to grab one, but if anyone has one I want to know what it's like. I've been spoiled with the apple silicone.

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
No, looks like it's a two piece. I do too. I want to grab one, but if anyone has one I want to know what it's like. I've been spoiled with the apple silicone.

I watched a few videos and it looks like a one piece, but I could be wrong.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.