Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UncleSchnitty

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
"Computer. Tea, Earl Grey, hot."
You would end up with a picture of a nude Englishmen drinking tea.
Though now I'm thinking about all the times it would have been hilarious if "Computer" made as many mistakes as Siri does. The crew would be dead a lot with the phrase "sorry I didn't get that"

On my mark Fire Phasers... FIRE PHASERS!
"Searching the web for Tire Razors....OK Ive found 1 result for Tire Razors...www.gilletteautomotive.com"

Last edited:

yellowtruck

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2013
Both Jobs and Cook said they will never make a touch screen Mac because that is like combining a fridge with a toaster, the features don't mix.

This is why people hate Apple. I don't care if a company files for 1 million patents at long as each one makes it into a product, or at least offer reasonable licensing fees, but I have little respect for a company that weaponizes patents by using it as a tool to prevent competitive advantage without any inclination to implement the feature themselves. Apple only wants to prevent Google Now from being used on the growing number of PC laptops and hybrids with touch screen capabilities, Apple has no intent to bring touch to Mac, certainly not to support any new Siri like feature.

What's next, a patent to use Siri with a Stylus on an iPhone so they can block Samsung Note sales?

It's nice that Apple is agreeing to stop many of their patent lawsuits, but don't turn around an file more ******** protectionist patents, that is just like calling ceasefire while restocking your bombs.

Also if you are going to bring every feature of iOS to OS X and vice versa, just merge the OS code and get it over with, stop this little dance of suggesting that you can't mix mobile and desktop operating systems while trying to achieve feature parity on both.

"This is why people hate Apple." Then why in the world to you even come here?

Molecule

macrumors regular
May 19, 2010
siri_mac_patent_help.jpg
Why does his team know him as Scott if his computer knows him as Jeff!?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.