Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
As far as I can tell, iOS 14 hasn't fixed the issue, as I'm running the public beta and I've heard a number of notifications pop up on my phone but not appear on my watch today.

AnnonKneeMoosee

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2017
Holy Guacamole!
THERE'S AN EASY FIX...
Go into Settings on the iPhone, and turn off bluetooth. Wait a bit, then turn it on again. Presto!
I read this must be done in Settings for the fix to work.

This fix does help, but the problem quickly returns. (Next time I'll do more thorough testing before opening my big mouth.)

More googling shows various iPhone models have many different sorts of connection issues--bluetooth and WiFi both--going back many years. Not just what is mentioned in this thread, but countless others. Having been a coder myself, and seen more than my share of convoluted logic, I can appreciate how difficult it is to fix such issues. Having to support so many different versions of devices and keeping them backward compatible makes everything all the more complicated.

Do you remember the Toyota acceleration/breaking issues of several years ago? The prosecution hired highly qualified experts to analyze the code in question to determine fault. Their finding was that it was impossible to tell whether or not the problem was in the code. The code was just too complex to make a determination. Think about that for a moment...

I once worked at a company which was responsible for a federal healthcare contract. (The company won with the lowest bid.) Determining veterans' military coverage was a primary objective of the software systems. I saw a lot of weird stuff in the year I worked there--very weird. In one quite memorable situation, I was to change code implemented the year before. A relatively simple task of essentially changing percentage values for various levels of coverage. But the code didn't exist. The prior year's requirements had simply not been done. When I told my supervisor about it, and asked what I should do, he simply replied, "do the best you can," and he flatly refused to discuss it further! Can you imagine being a building contractor and going to make changes to a home, only to discover an empty lot where the house was supposed to be? Then going back and telling the foreman that there was no house, and being told, "just do the best you can"?!! I remember commenting to a coworker that I was glad we weren't responsible for critical systems where people's lives were at stake. She sarcastically replied, "No, we just decide what health procedures are and aren't covered."

I must apologize for rambling and getting so far off the subject, but I thought some folks might be interested in knowing what goes on behind the scenes. Frankly, I'm truly surprised our technological world works as well as it does.

Last edited:
Reactions: Illusion500

Saludos

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
Hello. I can’t update right now (traveling today). To iPhone SE 1gen users: Has someone news about our “beloved” issue? Have last updates finally solved it?

Illusion500

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2016
Update to 6.2.8 on watch (series 4) and iPhone SE 13.6 seems to have
corrected it for me. Only been a couple of days, so tentative at this
point, but the best and most dramatic improvement since this started.
Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Saludos

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
Not ready to call it fixed, but Siri definitely takes commands quicker with WatchOS 7.

Anything in particular I should try? Series 4 Apple Watch connected to a 2017 iPhone SE here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.