Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
Glad to see this isn't just me. For the last few months every time I try to set a simple timer "Uh-oh, lost the connection, let me try again..." that IMMEDIATELY rolls into the timer being set anyway.

kartana

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2010
Did you guys check if the Siri voice is fully downloaded on your watch? I noticed that mine was stuck at 17%. It's really slow downloading the voice too.

I had it working two days after changing the Siri voice for whatever reason. Like really how you would expect. Almost instant answers and no "uh oh" etc. Then it was back to almost not working at all. It might have something to do with the voice download.

FerMadrid

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2019
it’s sad and really hard to accept it but I realized time ago that apple will not fix or solve the problem. We Iphone SE users are abandoned. My apple contact support doesn’t answer my emails or calls. Please don’t commit the mistake of buying a new iPhone in order to solve the problem, they don’t deserve our loyalty anymore. Since that terrible software update by the end of summer, I never interact with my apple watch, it is just a clock that barely gives time.

By the way I posted this message in the official discussions forum but was deleted.

iPhone SE iOS 13.3
Apple Watch Series 4 watchOS 6.1.1

Reactions: Saludos

Saludos

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
The biggest shame since I’m using apple products (years!!). apple support let me waste hours (more than 10) sending diagnostic files, uses me as beta tester for months and now... is disappeared. Since 3 months my AW is a piece of...Nothing! We don’t have class action in my country, but yes! This is a class action case. we should use twitter support account. I did. They ignore messages about this issue. But please! Everyone here write on the apple twitter support page. We have to do this. We have to raise our voices against apple’s arrogance. What a shame apple. “AW SAVE LIFES” not ours! “Apple is about dignity, rights, customers” ahaha... so funny. Pure hypocrisy.

Reactions: kartana

kartana

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2010
How do we check to see if it is fully downloaded?
It's under general, Siri and then the voice (not the language). If it's not fully downloaded it says so at the bottom.
Mine wasn't and that was the reason why it didn't respond at all sometimes. Now it does and it's back to "uh oh". Still... why did it work for 1 or 2 days without problems? I don't get it...

Trevor King

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2020
I’m having problems with my series 5 and iPhone SE. When connected to my phone, internet is slow. Sometimes Siri will respond instantly but lots of the time there will be a delay and lots of time she will fail.

Maps don’t load lots. Just see the grid for 2 minutes before giving up.

Music is sporadic. Lots of waiting between switching tracks.

when I turn off my phone and connect directly to WiFi, everything works seamlessly.

Very disappointed as I just bought the watch yesterday. Spent 2 hours in chat with Apple that didn’t solve the problem. Made an appointment to go to the Apple Store, which is annoying as it seems to be a software issue considering all the complaints on here. I don’t have a lot of time as I’m a teacher and it’s report card season. Don’t want to return it as I think if it functions properly, it’ll help my productivity tremendously. But all the troubleshooting is killing my productivity. Hopefully Staples won’t give me lots of grief about initiating a return :(

Saludos

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
I’m having problems with my series 5 and iPhone SE. When connected to my phone, internet is slow. Sometimes Siri will respond instantly but lots of the time there will be a delay and lots of time she will fail.

when I turn off my phone and connect directly to WiFi, everything works seamlessly.

Very disappointed as I just bought the watch yesterday. Spent 2 hours in chat with Apple that didn’t solve the problem. Made an appointment to go to the Apple Store, which is annoying as it seems to be a software issue considering all the complaints on here. I don’t have a lot of time as I’m a teacher and it’s report card season. Don’t want to return it as I think if it functions properly, it’ll help my productivity tremendously. But all the troubleshooting is killing my productivity. Hopefully Staples won’t give me lots of grief about initiating a return :(
Yes. It’s definitely a software issue. Don’t waste time returning your Apple Watch or doing useless suggestions from Apple support. I think the most useful think we can do in order to obtain a solution is raise our voice. So, please let apple support know about the issue. But please also write on the Apple Twitter support page. They should understand we aren’t “minor” customers. It’s 3 months!! Apple is just taking time with us, I know how many hours I’ve spent at the phone with support. Three months and still no solution. No apologies. No compensation.

Illusion500

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2016

If you are going to return your watch for a refund, that is one solution. If you are going to hang in there with us and hope for a software fix please do take the time to post in the Apple Discussion Forums:

Posting a reply helps keep these forums fresh and helps others find help who do not think to look here on Mac Rumors.

Also please click the "I have this question too" box on the initial post in both.

Further, please submit a bug report to Apple here:

Saludos

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
My (endless) update: I was in contact with 2advisors. They only take time, collect diagnostic files, than disappear. One of them even promised a “small compensation” for my time spent. Disappeared. My last chance was Twitter support: they propose to open another ticket support. Hahahah what a shame Apple! The only support is bouncing customers from one advisor to another. Hey, here: it’s more than 3 months since our apple watches work at 10% (but we payed them 100%). I also posted on the Apple discussion page as other here, but now? We should ask for solutions like: refund, a new iPhone that works with aw, bug fix ASAP. What can we really do? How?

yosh22

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2019
Unfortunately I have the same problem, I was happy to find this thread as I can see it is NOT related to my serie 4 but to os6 combined with my SE.. I clicked all the apple discussions related threads but this seems to be a far far problem for Apple sadly.

Last edited:

Saludos

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
What surprises me is how “silent” we are! It’s a 4 months old bug now. A huge, serious bug. It impacts on 50%of our Apple watches functions. We should try everything, raise our voice against such a form of arrogance. I can’t accept passively that a software update has made my device useless. Apple HAS TO provide a clear official statement now, and solutions

FerMadrid

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2019
With my last message “apple wins, iPhone SE users lose” posted and deleted in the official discussion forum, I got this reply by email from apple:

“In the past, you submitted a number of posts to the Apple Support Communities site that were inappropriate. At that time, we contacted you to let you know about our submission guidelines and examples of appropriate and inappropriate postings. This message is your last warning. If you send any more inappropriate posts, we may suspend your ability to use the Apple Communities site. We may also block the Internet Provider address(es) you post from and notify your Internet Service Provider. If you create new Apple ID(s) and post inappropriate content, we’ll disable the ID(s) without warning.”

It’s clear, apple = Mafia

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
You know, I feel like my Apple watch battery life is much worse than it used to be. I get around 12 hours these days when I used to get around 18. I wonder if it has to do with this bug.

sprucemoose

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2015
Updated to Watch OS6.1.2 and IOS 13.3.1 and no difference, still just the same.

Guys, I don't want to give anyone false hope. But I also updated my iPhone SE to 13.3.1 and my Apple Watch S4 to 6.1.2, and so far I'm experiencing sustained connectivity on my Apple Watch that I don't usually see. Specifically, I've been able to successfully use Find My and load a web link from Messages on Watch. Normally, these requests would timeout until I unlocked my iPhone. Also, I have been able to send iMessages using Siri from Watch without getting the "Uh oh, lost the connection. Let me try that again..." response. (EDIT: I've now reproduced the Siri issue. However, despite my iPhone having been locked and asleep for several minutes, I'm still seeing connectivity for the above scenarios.)

As I said, it's only been a couple hours, and it could turn out to be a false alarm. I just wanted to keep you all posted on my results so far.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Saliency

Saludos

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
Guys, I don't want to give anyone false hope. But I also updated my iPhone SE to 13.3.1 and my Apple Watch S4 to 6.1.2, and so far I'm experiencing sustained connectivity on my Apple Watch that I don't usually see. Specifically, I've been able to successfully use Find My and load a web link from Messages on Watch. Normally, these requests would timeout until I unlocked my iPhone. Also, I have been able to send iMessages using Siri from Watch without getting the "Uh oh, lost the connection. Let me try that again..." response. (EDIT: I've now reproduced the Siri issue. However, despite my iPhone having been locked and asleep for several minutes, I'm still seeing connectivity for the above scenarios.)

As I said, it's only been a couple hours, and it could turn out to be a false alarm. I just wanted to keep you all posted on my results so far.

iPhone SE and AW4 nike gps here: the issue persists! I still can’t call, dictation on AW (for messages) works once in 10. I still experience airpods disconnections every time i invoke Siri on my AW (again, not every time, but very often!). In my experience even after previous updates in the first hours everything work fine, than..again, the issue/s magically re-appear/s The shame continues... it’s more than 4 months now

Reactions: Steveatesh

sprucemoose

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2015
iPhone SE and AW4 nike gps here: the issue persists! I still can’t call, dictation on AW (for messages) works once in 10. I still experience airpods disconnections every time i invoke Siri on my AW (again, not every time, but very often!). In my experience even after previous updates in the first hours everything work fine, than..again, the issue/s magically re-appear/s The shame continues... it’s more than 4 months now

Is it possible Apple fixed some but not all issues? You mentioned AirPods connectivity, which I unfortunately don’t use. However, can you comment about the following:

- Loading a web link in Messages
- Refreshing Mail
- Refreshing a friend’s Find My location

All of these used to always timeout for me with a locked iPhone SE, but they have yet to fail after the latest updates.

I’ll update my post ASAP if they do fail or exhibit the old broken behaviour.

Obviously though, Apple has not adequately addressed all of the issues which I agree is a massive shame.

Saludos

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
Is it possible Apple fixed some but not all issues? You mentioned AirPods connectivity, which I unfortunately don’t use. However, can you comment about the following:

- Refreshing Mail

All of these used to always timeout for me with a locked iPhone SE, but they have yet to fail after the latest updates.

I’ll update my post ASAP if they do fail or exhibit the old broken behaviour.

Obviously though, Apple has not adequately addressed all of the issues which I agree is a massive shame.

this is a real strange issue. For example: I didn’t experienced this before
- Refreshing Mail

I’ve checked now and yes, sometimes I experience this problems. Maybe I’ve never checked them before so often!
In my case the main issues NEVER solved since September (WatchOS 6) are
- no calls from my AW
- AirPods disconnections if I invoke Siri on my AW
- dictations doesn’t work (I can’t answer messages using Siri)
- “Lost connection..” Siri uh oh issue
Plus what you wrote here.

Steveatesh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
North east England
I’ve spent another hour or so with support this evening, provided more logs after Siri failed 6 times, escalated to engineers, they call me back next Wednesday.... watch has not worked correctly since the day OS6 was released....

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I don’t see this getting fixed much less before new phones are released. I really enjoy my SE. However, I will need to upgrade my phone later this year, so that my watch will work like it should with my phone. I can’t keep having these same problems. New update did not solve anything about this.

I hope to be proven wrong.

sprucemoose

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2015
this is a real strange issue. For example: I didn’t experienced this before
- Refreshing Mail

I’ve checked now and yes, sometimes I experience this problems. Maybe I’ve never checked them before so often!
In my case the main issues NEVER solved since September (WatchOS 6) are
- no calls from my AW
- AirPods disconnections if I invoke Siri on my AW
- dictations doesn’t work (I can’t answer messages using Siri)
- “Lost connection..” Siri uh oh issue
Plus what you wrote here.

Thanks for the reply. I don’t receive many calls, so that’s not a good candidate for me to test. Otherwise, our main shared issue is probably Siri dictation. For me, Siri dictation has frequently resulted in the “uh oh” problem since iOS 13, but would always succeed anyway after the “uh oh”. The latest update hasn’t changed anything there.

I take everyone’s word that this isn’t resolved. At the very most, it’s only potentially improved for some use cases as I described, but I’ll post again if anything changes there in my testing.

Last edited:

Saludos

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
I had a call from support (I’m still in contact). The advisor wanted to know if the last update had solved. I told “no”. What I can confirm is: yes they are aware of the issue (and also aware about a mainly impact on iPhone SE). The bad news is: the advisor thinks it’s gonna take a long time before they’ll solve. My opinion (I may sound boring about this, I repeat it every time, but I think it’s our right): we HAVE TO ask for an official answer from apple. It means respect from a brand who speaks about “rights” “save lives” (not ours). C’mon macrumors: it’s time to dedicate an article about this case!
it’s about brand reputation and software quality. this case is worth an article!

And I appeal to all of us here too: we have to raise our voice: twitter-support, call.....every legitimate way. I can’t accept this arrogance.We Should remember that a software update has broken our devices, this is the fact: since september 19th !

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
I’m seriously wondering if this affects battery life. I remember being able to use my watch for like 20 hours straight in the past, and now I’m lucky if I can get 12 hours out of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.