Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xavierpunkreno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
I'm having a bit of a problem with it. It's running fine, however the sound cuts out for a minute or so every 2-5 minutes roughly. Is anyone else having this problem? Do you know a fix?

Saerian

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
I had the same problem. I was googling around, and it seems like SNES ADX is buggy on some firmwares, and the author has been mia since Septemberish.

Someone had recommended Snes9x EX, which is free. I find it runs better than SNES ADX ... smooth graphics and perfect sound. With Wiimote support.

Give it a try.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I had the same problem. I was googling around, and it seems like SNES ADX is buggy on some firmwares, and the author has been mia since Septemberish.

Someone had recommended Snes9x EX, which is free. I find it runs better than SNES ADX ... smooth graphics and perfect sound. With Wiimote support.

Give it a try.
Snes9x EX is excellent. Plus it's free and doesn't violate the license like snes4iphone and Snes A.D.X. do (they charge for them which is against the license).

xavierpunkreno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
So that emulator works awesome. Any alternative to the other A.D.X. Emulators? All of them have that sound problem. I need a NES and Genesis alternative. Both with wiimote support if at all possible.

Edit: Found an NES emulator by the same dev. Any recommendations for gameboy, genesis, n64, or psx?

Chorx

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2011
No one is just right for me. SNED AD+ is buggy, snes4iphone does this strange thing where it glitches the screen, and SNES 9x has a great deal of wii classic controller lag. I want to wait until someone steps up to the plate and brews up one emulator to rule them all, optimized for iPad... But I fear for the worst. I think SNES emus are a dying fad.

DS3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2011
The only emulators Ive used so far that had zero glitches was iMAME4ALL and yeah snex9x. However iMAME4all has no save states (less important in arcade games but still), and I see the above mention of wiimote lag for 9x.

N64iphone doesn't work at all (upon reading it doesn't work for any 4.3 firmwares on anything), all the ADX ones sound cuts out and most of the rom websites wouldnt work (though you can just put them on yourself), psx4all cant run anything and gpSPhone has this really bad graphical glitch where everything looks like its tearing.

Cant really complain about emulator ports to other devices, but yeah the iPad isnt really a dream emulator device right now even before you take into account the touchscreen..

JayHD

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
Wii remote

I can't get SNES A.D.+, NES A.D.+, or Snes9x EX to connect to my Wii Remote. A couple times it worked with NES AD for a minute, but otherwise nothing. I haven't been able to get them to recognize the Classic Controller at all.

All 3 will recognize the Wii Remote itself and show it as a device, but then it just hangs on "connecting". Bummer.

I wish someone would step up and perfect these. Emulation is one of the best things about these devices.

iPad2 16gb Wifi

themyst

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
Short a few minor sound issues, SNES9X EX works great. If your SNES collection is in .bin format though you'll need to convert them or rename the extension to a supported one.

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2011
Instead of a new thread, i want a good nes and n64 emulator.

The nr i find nes4iphone and n64iphone crashes ehen i. Load a game.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

xavierpunkreno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
I can't get SNES A.D.+, NES A.D.+, or Snes9x EX to connect to my Wii Remote. A couple times it worked with NES AD for a minute, but otherwise nothing. I haven't been able to get them to recognize the Classic Controller at all.

All 3 will recognize the Wii Remote itself and show it as a device, but then it just hangs on "connecting". Bummer.

I wish someone would step up and perfect these. Emulation is one of the best things about these devices.

iPad2 16gb Wifi

The regular classic controller isn't supported at all. You need to use the classic pro. The one with the handles and 4 trigger buttons. Went through the same problem.

Chorx

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2011
The only emulators Ive used so far that had zero glitches was iMAME4ALL and yeah snex9x. However iMAME4all has no save states (less important in arcade games but still), and I see the above mention of wiimote lag for 9x.

N64iphone doesn't work at all (upon reading it doesn't work for any 4.3 firmwares on anything), all the ADX ones sound cuts out and most of the rom websites wouldnt work (though you can just put them on yourself), psx4all cant run anything and gpSPhone has this really bad graphical glitch where everything looks like its tearing.

Cant really complain about emulator ports to other devices, but yeah the iPad isnt really a dream emulator device right now even before you take into account the touchscreen..

I got psx4all to run FFVII and Metal Gear Solid. I had the same screen issues I have with all '4all' emus, but they both ran smooth enough to play. ESPECIALLY FFVII never saw it dip below 60fps

JayHD

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
The regular classic controller isn't supported at all. You need to use the classic pro. The one with the handles and 4 trigger buttons. Went through the same problem.

Actually, I do have the pro. I don't own a Wii so I didn't realize there was a different one.

Could that be the problem? Is it possible my Wiimote/CCP need to sync to a Wii first before they'll operate properly?

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
am i the only one who cried after the death of n64iphone? it's such a shame that barely a month after initial release zodttd kinda dropped it.

JayHD

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
Actually, I do have the pro. I don't own a Wii so I didn't realize there was a different one.

Could that be the problem? Is it possible my Wiimote/CCP need to sync to a Wii first before they'll operate properly?

Funny - in the notes for SNES9x EX, the developer refers to the "classic controller" and never mentions "pro".

xavierpunkreno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
Funny - in the notes for SNES9x EX, the developer refers to the "classic controller" and never mentions "pro".

I tried the classic and it didn't work. It was only until I used the pro one that it worked. Also I bought mine and hooked it up right out of the box without it syncing to a wii so you don't have to link it to a wii first.

JayHD

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
I tried the classic and it didn't work. It was only until I used the pro one that it worked. Also I bought mine and hooked it up right out of the box without it syncing to a wii so you don't have to link it to a wii first.

Are you on an iPad 2? What iOS version? How's the lag? I've gotten the Wiimote to respond a bit, but it's laggy, always shows as "connecting", and all 4 lights keep blinking. I'm stumped.

I'm on A.D. +, btw, not "X", but I'm having the same issues with Snes9x EX.

xavierpunkreno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
Are you on an iPad 2? What iOS version? How's the lag? I've gotten the Wiimote to respond a bit, but it's laggy, always shows as "connecting", and all 4 lights keep blinking. I'm stumped.

I'm on A.D. +, btw, not "X", but I'm having the same issues with Snes9x EX.

iPad 2 wifi 4.3.3. Not noticing any lag at all. If any, it's so minuscule that you wouldn't be able to notice. I used A.D.X until the sound issue got on my nerves. Switched to EX. Try taking the batteries out and putting them back in so the remote refreshes and isn't linked to your wii anymore. I used to have problems getting it to work while it was linked. Let me know if that helps any.

Chorx

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2011
iPad 2 wifi 4.3.3. Not noticing any lag at all. If any, it's so minuscule that you wouldn't be able to notice. I used A.D.X until the sound issue got on my nerves. Switched to EX. Try taking the batteries out and putting them back in so the remote refreshes and isn't linked to your wii anymore. I used to have problems getting it to work while it was linked. Let me know if that helps any.

How minuscule is minuscule to you? My input lag feels like it's 180-250ms, and that is unusable to me.

JayHD

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011

I've tried pulling the batteries.

I'm showing BTstack 0.3-1170, which I'm assuming is updated as it came from BigBoss.

Another oddity - when I run the BTstack WiiMote Demo, one of two things will happen. Either 1 blue light will turn solid, and the onscreen Wiimote won't respond at all, or all 4 will keep blinking, and the onscreen wiimote will move on it's X access until the lights stop blinking moments later.

If you figure this out, Xavier, I'll be really appreciative.

Chorx

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2011
I've tried pulling the batteries.

I'm showing BTstack 0.3-1170, which I'm assuming is updated as it came from BigBoss.

Another oddity - when I run the BTstack WiiMote Demo, one of two things will happen. Either 1 blue light will turn solid, and the onscreen Wiimote won't respond at all, or all 4 will keep blinking, and the onscreen wiimote will move on it's X access until the lights stop blinking moments later.

If you figure this out, Xavier, I'll be really appreciative.

How do you check your btstack version?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.