Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chorx

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2011
Cydia, go to "Installed", tap the top corner to change simple to expert, select BTstack, version will be right below the app name.

Thanks, I was hoping BTstack was out of date, and that was he reason for my issue, but it isn't.

JayHD

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
I deleted BTstack and all emulators. I installed BTstackmouse, which includes BTstack. I loaded SNES9x EX and rebooted.

I can get the Wiimote to be found if I hold down 1&2 a few times and get lucky. All 4 lights keep blinking, but the game will operate with no discernible lag. If I plug in the CCP, or even if I kill the app and try from scratch with the CCP plugged in, nothing works.

xavierpunkreno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
I've tried pulling the batteries.

I'm showing BTstack 0.3-1170, which I'm assuming is updated as it came from BigBoss.

Another oddity - when I run the BTstack WiiMote Demo, one of two things will happen. Either 1 blue light will turn solid, and the onscreen Wiimote won't respond at all, or all 4 will keep blinking, and the onscreen wiimote will move on it's X access until the lights stop blinking moments later.

If you figure this out, Xavier, I'll be really appreciative.

I haven't the slightest. Have you tried using a different wiimote? I'm using the original white one without motion plus.

JayHD

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
I've tried the original white no motion plus, and before that, a Nyko. I don't get it Xavier - I have the same iPad 2, the same controllers, the same software...bizarre.

Chorx - Are you getting a "clean" connection (1 blue light lit)? Are you using a CCP?

My Wiimote shows this on the side:

FCC ID: UMB-WCF7
IC:6719A-WCF7

If Chorx matches this and Xavier doesn't, it might shed some light. It's either the Wiimote or BTstack having issues. The emulators themselves clearly aren't at fault.

JayHD

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
I mentioned the FCC ID because I saw online that the original wiimotes had POO-WC45 as their ID#.

JayHD

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
WHY MUST YOU SLEEP, Xavier and Chorx!!

I need someone to discredit my FCC ID theory.

Chorx

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2011
What iPad do you have? I have no lag on mine.

2 16gb ATT.

the lag is varying from emu to emu for me though, so I think it's emulator based. I notice it the most in yoshis island, I can imagine it's how a cat feels when it's being pet backwards.

JayHD

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
Found online:

From what I can tell, Ninty outsourced the production of the Wii remotes. There are 2 manufacturers. The easy way to identify which one you have is through the FCC ID that is printed on the side. Mitsumi makes the ones with FCC ID of POO-WC45. Foxconn makes the ones with UMB-WCF7. You can search the FCC database for yourself here if you like:

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

Chorx

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2011
Found online:

From what I can tell, Ninty outsourced the production of the Wii remotes. There are 2 manufacturers. The easy way to identify which one you have is through the FCC ID that is printed on the side. Mitsumi makes the ones with FCC ID of POO-WC45. Foxconn makes the ones with UMB-WCF7. You can search the FCC database for yourself here if you like:

http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

Both of my wiimotes (WC45) work, and Yes I'm getting a clean "Player 1" connection

As a matter of fact, both of them are connecting, and I get a clean Player 1 and Player 2 LED indication for Player one and player 2

JayHD

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
I'll bet Xavier has a POO too. I need a POO myself. I'm going to Gamestop in the morning to see if they have any used POOs hanging on the wall.

Anyone stumbling on this hijacked thread, please help us out if you sync your wiimote to iPad and let us know which model you have.

Thanks again.

Chorx

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2011
This is going to sound really weird, but one wiimote doesn't have the CCP input lag as severely as the other I was originally using.

JayHD

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2011
I'm sure an expert will swoop in by tomorrow and save us from ourselves.

Chorx

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2011
We can't even get anyone to release up to date emus :(

I really wish ZodTTD would osource his stuff. I guess it's hard to justify osourcing something when you're making money off of it, but I'm sure having an active community working on something would get him more money in donations than he'd make by letting an un-updated project rot in obscurity

Last edited:

Th3d0ctor

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2010
I'm glad there are other people upset about the whole emu problem :( maybe some devs will start to act if enough people want up to date emus

jesterscourt

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009
Since this thread is still alive, let me ask a related question, what emus have the ability to toggle OFF the onscreen controller once the BT is connected (other than SNES 9x EX)

Chopstick217

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
Huntington Beach, CA
So Ive spent a good amount of time researching and trying out different emulators. From what I discovered, snes4iphone works fine, however it doesnt support the wiimote classic pro (big no no for me). SNES A.D.X works fine if you extract the rom file and store it as an smc file. However, there is the sound issues like the OP stated, it would go in and out.

I found out that SNES9x works flawlessly. No sound issues, and it also works perfectly with the wiimote classic pro. Not to mention, there is no lag whatsoever.

xavierpunkreno

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
Since this thread is still alive, let me ask a related question, what emus have the ability to toggle OFF the onscreen controller once the BT is connected (other than SNES 9x EX)

NES.emu because its by the same dev. Essentially the same emulator for a different system. Wish he would make more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.