Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beelzbub

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2012
I think my mail issues are now working properly now since the update, although (which I have already done in the past) I had to delete my work account (Exchange) and re add it. All seems to be working properly now.

Reactions: jpn

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
I installed 13.2.3, wiped my phone and iPad, and set up as new without using my iCloud backup. The unread mail not appearing bug was resolved.

Now I’ve updated to 13.3, which purports to fix the bug. Well, the bug is back. The update did the exact opposite of what it claimed to do.

I’ve come to expect such irony from Apple though. Like another poster said, their engineers are simply incompetent and incapable of fixing the bugs. They’re just an embarrassment now.

tim0409

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
I am still having the issue of receiving notifications but emails not downloading in mail until I open and refresh it with 13.3; I don’t think Apple know how to fix this or they don’t care. I just wish I had stuck with iOS 12. I don’t care about new emoji I just want my work email to behave the way it ought to.

Mkraft3003

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2019
I am still having the issue of receiving notifications but emails not downloading in mail until I open and refresh it with 13.3; I don’t think Apple know how to fix this or they don’t care. I just wish I had stuck with iOS 12. I don’t care about new emoji I just want my work email to behave the way it ought to.
same issues here. I had 5 new emails show on the lock screen and badge showed 5 emails. I go into the mail app and none of them are there. It shows 5 unread messages in the bottom but they still don’t show. I have to manually refresh for them to all appear. The good thing is it looks like they fixed the other mail issues. I am able to forward emails with the complete string and attachments and no duplicate sent emails.

GalileoSeven

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2015
Apple's default app works well enough on the desktop/in Catalina, but I wouldn't touch the mobile version with a 10 foot pole (the amount of people I know who still use it I can count on one hand - almost all have switched to an alternative like Outlook, Edison, ProtonMail etc).

Vegaspilot

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2010
On 13.3 I can no longer swipe to back up. It only brings up the swipe options. Even if I turn the swipe options off, swipe to back up isn’t working anymore.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Has everyone's email magically started working properly or has everybody been worn down and given up?

My problems seem to have mostly resolved since 13.2.2 (now on 13.3.0). Every so often I'll get an error where my Exchange emails refuse to delete. Restarting the Mail app fixes that.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Running 13.3 PR across all devices (IPP 11 / IPP 12.9 / XS Max).
That said: Mail :confused:

Still won't stay defaulted to the All Unread screen.
On one of my accounts I now have a number of previously deleted emails - just on the IPP, not on the XS Max
Still have to manually refresh to get all the unread email
Read or delete or mark read all emails on IPP 12.9 - takes up to 15 minutes (or more) for all my devices to sync.
Same account, on all three devices in Mail, do not show the same info until I manually refresh - then they match

It is still broken. :rolleyes:

Edit: fixing spell check error as I find them ;)

Last edited:

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
View attachment 879460
I’ve been getting this now and then since day one of iOS 13. I’m on the latest iOS 13 version and the issue still persists. It takes awhile for it to show “check for mail”, or I can manually pull the page down to trigger the “checking for mail” message before all my new mails pop out.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Still getting the same error for my my outlook account on 3 different devices.

Reactions: dk001

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
This is absolutely pathetic and Apple should hide their head in shame with this garbage they call a "Mail" app.

I updated to 13.3 and thought I would give it a shot again and same issues that everyone else is having, I'm still having as well.

I also got this little gem today. None of the mail I was sending with my exchange account was actually going out. It sent, but didn't actually send. For whatever reason no one got anything I sent them today. I opened up the outlook desktop app on my Mac and none of my sent mail was in there. Thank you Apple for wasting my entire day's worth of emails.

I'm done with this **** app that Apple is calling "Mail." Its an embarrassment at the level of the Apple Maps launch and I don't know that I'll trust it again moving forward and am just going to have to adapt to something else I guess.

DSMinAtlanta

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2013
I've been trying to stay optimistic about the 13.3 release fixing the numerous bugs I've had with Mail since upgrading from iOS 12 but here I am running 13.3 and most of the bugs are still there. I don't understand how a company like Apple screws up an app that was working just fine. Oh how I wish I could revert back to iOS 12 again. My number one purpose for having an iPhone is for work email. They do not allow any other apps like Outlook to be used with Exchange so I'm stuck using this garbage app.

Cinimod1000

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2016
I've been trying to stay optimistic about the 13.3 release fixing the numerous bugs I've had with Mail since upgrading from iOS 12 but here I am running 13.3 and most of the bugs are still there. I don't understand how a company like Apple screws up an app that was working just fine. Oh how I wish I could revert back to iOS 12 again. My number one purpose for having an iPhone is for work email. They do not allow any other apps like Outlook to be used with Exchange so I'm stuck using this garbage app.

Same here, keep trying to make Mail work - my work Exchange/365 is working well - sometimes have to pull down to refresh for the actual emails to appear in the list. iCloud account is the issue for me, after a half hour or so this one account simply refuses to fetch mail until I force close the app and reopen. Says "Checking for mail..." at the bottom for an eternity.
Extraordinarily crazy that Apple has let this sit for so long. How many iterations of iOS 13 have we been through since June????

Jeff Flowerday

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
Calgary, AB
I've given up and moved to Outlook alone. I kind of like how it works on watchOS as well.

I think the only reason I stayed with Apple Mail was possibility of handoff. But don't think I've ever handed it off between my devices.

umzyi

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2011
UK
I've given up and moved to Outlook alone. I kind of like how it works on watchOS as well.

I think the only reason I stayed with Apple Mail was possibility of handoff. But don't think I've ever handed it off between my devices.
I made the switch too and after using for a week or so, i don't miss apple mail at all. Outlook is fast, notifications work fine and no mess-up with the emails. The only thing i would like to have is the ability to collapse threads in outlook, otherwise it is a solid mail app out there.

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
1. Mail app freezes for few seconds when it is opened by tapping on a mail notification
2. clicking any one mail notification from notification centre of iPhone to view that mail removes all existing mail notifications from the notification centre

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Guys, this issue is not only with Mail but also with the Reminders app. I've posted on here many times with an issue I have with syncing Reminders with my iPhone running iOS 13 onwards and Mac Pro running El Capitan. If a Reminder pops up on my iPhone and Mac, if I want to be reminded in an hour of that reminder, if I click "Remind me in an hour" on my Mac, the reminder disappears from the Mac. BUT it remains on my iPhone screen.

Today I figured out why this was. The phone needed another notification to come in and ONLY then will that reminder disappear from the iPhone screen. I think this is a Push problem.

Also, today my Mac just isn't receiving emails for a few minutes after my iPhone receives that same email.

I have no idea what is going on!

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Guys, this issue is not only with Mail but also with the Reminders app. I've posted on here many times with an issue I have with syncing Reminders with my iPhone running iOS 13 onwards and Mac Pro running El Capitan. If a Reminder pops up on my iPhone and Mac, if I want to be reminded in an hour of that reminder, if I click "Remind me in an hour" on my Mac, the reminder disappears from the Mac. BUT it remains on my iPhone screen.

Today I figured out why this was. The phone needed another notification to come in and ONLY then will that reminder disappear from the iPhone screen. I think this is a Push problem.

Also, today my Mac just isn't receiving emails for a few minutes after my iPhone receives that same email.

I have no idea what is going on!

Went ahead and tried this ... you are correct about reminders.
The time delay on Mac vs iOS - that has been present for me since the launch of 13. It may shorten or lengthen, however it has been present throughout (retina MacBook 2015)

Reactions: scouser75
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.